HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Predators @ Sabres : 2-27-08 : 6pmCDT

Old
02-27-2008, 08:04 PM
nine_inch_fang

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Even if your team is playing "look out" defense you would like for your goalie to stop SOMETHING but alas....not ours.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 08:06 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Silhouette View Post
What the hell is wrong with the D?

What the hell is wrong with this team?

What the hell? This is embarrassing.

12 GA in 5 periods?
Every mistake ends up in the back of the net.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 08:09 PM
trotzian brow

Is Trotz actually throwing out new D-pairings?

Who is with Hamhuis?

trotzian brow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 08:15 PM
trotzian brow

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Every mistake ends up in the back of the net.
You and Nine Inch are coaches/players, correct?

How hard is it to make adjustments in game? Not blaming the coaches or making assumptions, just wondering. Thanks.

Old
02-27-2008, 08:27 PM
nine_inch_fang

I think the adjustments you are talking about (d pairings) not hard at all. Right now I would say our d-men have been given the green light to join the rush and make something happen. That is why we are still seeing the two on one's at the end of this game. Problem is our goalies are awful tonight. The 2 on 1 that resulted in the 7th goal was played perfectly by the lone d-man but Ellis still allowed the soft little shot to slide right under his pad when all he had to do was stop the shooter, the pass was taken away.

Old
02-27-2008, 08:35 PM
trotzian brow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
I think the adjustments you are talking about (d pairings) not hard at all. Right now I would say our d-men have been given the green light to join the rush and make something happen. That is why we are still seeing the two on one's at the end of this game. Problem is our goalies are awful tonight. The 2 on 1 that resulted in the 7th goal was played perfectly by the lone d-man but Ellis still allowed the soft little shot to slide right under his pad when all he had to do was stop the shooter, the pass was taken away.
Thanks.

Old
02-27-2008, 08:39 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
So does your team always revert to cheap-shotting when it's getting blown out?

TVanek26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 08:49 PM
buffalofalcon

Gee Scot Nichol cheap shoting again...didnt he learn after he got suspended 2 years ago?? in 06 TOOTOO next!!

buffalofalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

yeah, Tootoo made Roy slash him and Fiddler really wanted to fight all 3 guys.

Old
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalofalcon View Post
Gee Scot Nichol cheap shoting again...didnt he learn after he got suspended 2 years ago?? in 06 TOOTOO next!!
Has Mair ever had a fight before?

Did Roy not expect Tootoo to return the favor?

Old
02-27-2008, 08:54 PM
buffalofalcon

TooToo allready slashed roy on leg then jumped him as roy went for his stick....as for fiddler i noticed he didnt want a piece of Bernier.....

Old
02-27-2008, 08:57 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Roy turned and slashed Tootoo first after Tootoo hit him along the boards, Tootoo responded, the sissy Bernie hits Tootoo from behind, why not man up and go toes with Tootoo like Mair did...... lol

Old
02-27-2008, 09:02 PM
buffalofalcon

Thats why roy was pushing your players left and right as they tried mugging him in 1st period.... as for Hamhuis he wanted nothing to do with Bernier.....and tootoo must have known someone was gonna stick up for Roy he just didnt count on it being the new guy!! Guess the Big Bear still has some bitter feelings after he was cheap shotted in playoffs last year!!

Old
02-27-2008, 09:03 PM
buffalofalcon

Scott Nichol didnt want no piece of Guastad after he got dumped on ice.....just to show how much of coward he is..unless the guys back turned he wont do nothing!!

Old
02-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Scott Nichol didnt want no piece of Guastad after he got dumped on ice.....just to show how much of coward he is..unless the guys back turned he wont do nothing!!
Wow, it took this game to get you to start posting on the boards almost half a year after you registered. Maybe you should learn that you don't go onto the other team's board and start trolling...it isn't looked upon very nicely by the mods.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 09:09 PM
fielding

Bernier looked good tonight. I really wish we had tried to get him at the deadline. You got yourself a fine player there Buffalo fans.

It was good seeing Tootoo beat on Mair like Mair owed him money. That is about the only good thing I can take away from this game.

fielding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Jarnberg

We've been giving up too many goals lately. Forwards not tracking back, defensemen losing players, and soft goals from our goalies.

Even worse, every time we scored, Buffalo answered quickly.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Pro

Quote:
Cmon man, Tootoo/Nichol are known for their play, im a Sabres fan with ya but your going a lil over the top, please cut it

Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fielding View Post
Bernier looked good tonight. I really wish we had tried to get him at the deadline. You got yourself a fine player there Buffalo fans.

It was good seeing Tootoo beat on Mair like Mair owed him money. That is about the only good thing I can take away from this game.
Roy flopping to the ice to draw a penalty on Tootoo after he realized he might have to get physical instead of slashing players was also a highlight..

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 09:14 PM
buffalofalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Wow, it took this game to get you to start posting on the boards almost half a year after you registered. Maybe you should learn that you don't go onto the other team's board and start trolling...it isn't looked upon very nicely by the mods.
Not really trolling...just only got a new computer in on Feburary 11th....plus i also upgraded to cable modem..

Old
02-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Not really trolling...just only got a new computer in on Feburary 11th....plus i also upgraded to cable modem..

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Pred303

holy crap.. i don't know whether to laugh or cry..

...tonight, was probably the worst defensive zone coverage i've ever seen this franchise have in any single game. have no clue where to point a finger, because at some point and time virtually every player had some major defensive breakdown. simply horrible.

...i don't even know where to start. looks like we forgotten how to even begin playing defense. 32 goals allowed in the past 7 games now. 5 of the last 7 games we've now allowed FOUR or more goals. 4 of those times FIVE or more. 3 of those SIX or more. holy crap.

...i have no idea who to blame. the entire defensive corps to start, right now they in total disarray. but our first line forwards these past two games have now been on ice for NINE even strength goals allowed. NINE in two games. dumont is a -7 in the past two games. a frigging -7. horrific, simply horrific.

...this one tonight, was so bad, it's hard to even focus. our goalies played horrible i'm sure, but to be honest, they were completely left out there on an island all night totally by themselves. it's a miracle that we didn't allowed 13 goals from my count, maybe more.

...on a stupidly positive note, we did show some fire and didn't take the licking lieing down. we took up for ourselves and each other. at least the fighting and swinging and chippiness was entertaining. in a mentally ill sort of way.

...trotz has to bench somebody. at least two of the defensemen to start. pick any two at random, they all sucked. every defenseman except zanon was either a -2 or -3. zanon was a -1 and he sucked.

..have to be fair though, the forwards were just as bad defensively as the d-men. legwand, hordichuk, hlavec, smithson were the only four players we had that finished as non-minus players. they should get medals when the team finishes a -30. we're now -55 as a team in the past TWO games.

...tootoo got screwed at game end. screwed. as did nichol on the faceoff. of course nichol should have been tossed for being third man in a few seconds before, but still. wouldn't surprise me if the league doesn't come in on nichol for the third man in that didn't get called.

well.. on the positive side (like there IS a positive side), it only counts as one loss even if it feels like 3. hlavec played ok out there. the powerplay played ok. the penalty kill played ok. tootoo won his fight badly. we could have given up 10 (or 15). all one can do is put is try to forget this one (yeah like that is easy), and head to dallas of all places, against the hottest team in the league. oh boy.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 09:47 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

On one hand, it was great to see so much spunk\fight in us...crawling back to within a goal at one point...

on the other, it was all the more frustrating to see immediate defensive breakdowns\bad goaltending give it right back up.

On to Dallas, what else is there to say?

Here's to hoping Bochenski clicks, quickly.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 10:00 PM
nine_inch_fang

Ummmm....nevermind.

Old
02-27-2008, 11:46 PM
irisheyes555

i think i have got to go back to my statement after the nucks game. baring a complete 180 by ellis and/or mason we are not going anywhere with the minders we have. since that game(2 games) we have given up 14 GA on 62 shots, a wopping 0.774 SV%. to put that into perspective, during that same time we have scored 7 out of 67 shots. this team can score 3~4 goals on average, but we have got to have better play if we are going to be better than 1 and done....again. maybe the guys can wake up before it is too late. just haven't seen the consistancy that will be required in the 2nd season.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote