HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Jody Shelley and San Jose Versus the Jackets, Wednesday Feb 27, 7p at the Nat

Old
02-28-2008, 11:16 AM
frito

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca5150 View Post
I don't think that's accurate, he was in the right place at the right time for the first time in 64 games, law of averages says that will eventually happen. But I wouldn't say he played well overall. He gave the puck away alot, as usual, and didn't do anything else well. So I am happy if he starts scoring more, but I would not say that he played well. The only people that you can say that about were Boll and OKT, last night.
he was a +2 in a 4-2 loss. I think that says he played pretty well. Who else on the team can boast that?

frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Brassard Calder

I love this quote from Nash after the game talking about the incident with Campbell.

Quote:
"I asked him to fight. I asked him two times, actually, and I thought I heard him say 'yes.' I thought his gloves were off, too, and then I felt somebody grab me from behind. If he's going to run around and hit people like that -- like he hit me, and he hit Brule -- he's going to have to answer to somebody eventually."
This is the beginning of Nash stepping up and taking over the team. Becoming the leader everyone wants him to be.

Brassard Calder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 11:37 AM
frito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelleyFan45 View Post
I love this quote from Nash after the game talking about the incident with Campbell.

This is the beginning of Nash stepping up and taking over the team. Becoming the leader everyone wants him to be.
It's amazing how quickly Campbell 'turtled' when nash went after him too. What a sissy. And for the life of me, why didn't Murry get a third man in?

Old
02-28-2008, 11:40 AM
WrightOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito View Post
And for the life of me, why didn't Murry get a third man in?
Because there weren't even two men in. Campbell didn't drop his gloves.

WrightOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 11:49 AM
frito

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightOn View Post
Good point, right call, just p!ssed. Without gong through the entire thread:

I think the Jackets look really Stout the first half of the game. They seemed to have a lot of emotion, didnt' get down after the first goal and kept on motoring. I'd say they played hard up until the Sharks fourth goal. That goal really wasn't anybody's fault either. It was played well from defensive point of view, it just took a fluke bounce off of Novo. That seemed to be the deflating moment in the game. It seemed like the team took a "Nothing is going to go our way. We lost our leader and now the puck is just bouncing against us" type of attitude. They seemed totally lifeless in third. I think the road trip will do them well to help get back some of that team unity, figure out who is going to be the proverbial Captain (even thgough it won't be formally ditributed) of the ship. Hopefully they figure out a course, crank out some wins on the road and get back to their winning ways at home when they get back.

Sorry, just kind of rambling.

Old
02-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightOn View Post
Campbell baited him and Nash took it. He'll learn when to commit and when not too. Nash looks more and more like Iginla to me with this emotional edge he's exhibiting. Thats not a bad thing, but we need him on the ice, not sitting for 2 putting us SH.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquiring Minds View Post
I think Hitch has said this, or words to that effect, in at least two interviews that I've seen recently.
Thanks, IM. That's a good thing.
Maybe it's the way I'm reading him, but I was getting more of "going to be a struggle as we look to fill a leadership void yadda yadda, need to move on yadda yadda" but without much in the way of what you've quoted above. Hitch as a person may have liked those guys, and may have leaned on them, and may believe the team had a better shot at the postseason with them around, but his public face has to be that of confidence in the guys who are still here, especially if the players are as affected by the moves as they appear to be.

Old
02-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelleyFan45 View Post

I have hope, but until I see Nash standing up for teammates when he hasn't been a target, and until I see him playing physically game after game, I'll continue to have my doubts. I've said it before, but he's much like Klesla right now: he'll only step up his physical game when he's a target, and even then it isn't guaranteed (see: any game against a defensive heavyweight).

That being said, I'd be fine if he just brought it every shift. He doesn't need to fight or throw his body around as long as he's using his body to create space and scoring chances nearly every shift. That's enough leadership from Nash for me. But he hasn't done that consistently since the start of the season.

Still, I thought the quote was promising, and so was some of last night's game.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 02:01 PM
belks1922

A little late sorry. I think I remember someone predicting Vyborny scoring...

Quote:
Originally Posted by belks1922 View Post
I'm going to this game and i think it's gonna be great

Vyborny gets a goal- just have a crazy feeling

I know I'm a bit optimistic but hey, it's never over
So i had a couple of incorrect predictions too. But the craziest one was correct.

(I also made a bet that there would be a Shelley tribute and I was right there too)

belks1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by belks1922 View Post
A little late sorry. I think I remember someone predicting Vyborny scoring...

So i had a couple of incorrect predictions too. But the craziest one was correct.

(I also made a bet that there would be a Shelley tribute and I was right there too)
I don't know. When he got that second goal I think that voided your prediction correctness.

Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 03:08 PM
jetbluejackets

Novotny has scored more goals for the other team this year than for us

jetbluejackets is offline   Reply With Quote