HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Nationwide Arena: Awesome, and no bad seats!

Old
02-28-2008, 08:39 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

vCash: 500
Nationwide Arena: Awesome, and no bad seats!

I've been to many games in many sports in many arenas in many cities, from pros to college to high school.

Without a shadow of a doubt, I have yet to find a bad seat in Nationwide Arena. Every seat gives me a great view of the game and I still feel like I am part of the game no matter how far away from the ice I may actually be.

This is definitely an awesome arena, and they keep improving it in some fashion every year, such as the Cannon -- which I think is the single-best addition by far over the Jackets' history.

I love watching Blue Jackets games in person, and every time I leave, win or lose, I look forward to the next game.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 02:01 PM
CBJwheel

I totally agree. At first we were reluctant to buy the cheap seats because we didn't know if they'd be bad, but that is all we buy now, unless there is a deal like the All Star Deal which gave us $41 seats for $15. We sat at the top row, and it was a great view.

I have yet to sit in the lower bowl.

CBJwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 02:03 PM
belks1922

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjwheel View Post
I totally agree. At first we were reluctant to buy the cheap seats because we didn't know if they'd be bad, but that is all we buy now, unless there is a deal like the All Star Deal which gave us $41 seats for $15. We sat at the top row, and it was a great view.

I have yet to sit in the lower bowl.
I hear ya. I have season tickets in section 219 front row. Best seats in the house

belks1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 02:28 PM
BZArcher

Thanks to a few lucky chances and a little bit of skullduggery, I've now sat in every area of the arena, if not every section, for a game. The view from the pressboxes or the sky terrace is certainly different than the view from the founder's suites or the HD lounge, but all of them are very good. Even our "worst" seat is better than it's equivalent in, say, Value City Arena for an OSU hockey game (or, god forbid, the nosebleed seats at Ohio Stadium!)

BZArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 04:10 PM
hockeykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Moo View Post
I've been to many games in many sports in many arenas in many cities, from pros to college to high school.

Without a shadow of a doubt, I have yet to find a bad seat in Nationwide Arena. Every seat gives me a great view of the game and I still feel like I am part of the game no matter how far away from the ice I may actually be.

This is definitely an awesome arena, and they keep improving it in some fashion every year, such as the Cannon -- which I think is the single-best addition by far over the Jackets' history.

I love watching Blue Jackets games in person, and every time I leave, win or lose, I look forward to the next game.
I agree it's one of the best arenas I've ever been to. I have not found a bad seat either.

hockeykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZArcher View Post
Thanks to a few lucky chances and a little bit of skullduggery, I've now sat in every area of the arena, if not every section, for a game. The view from the pressboxes or the sky terrace is certainly different than the view from the founder's suites or the HD lounge, but all of them are very good. Even our "worst" seat is better than it's equivalent in, say, Value City Arena for an OSU hockey game (or, god forbid, the nosebleed seats at Ohio Stadium!)
An awesome word. Kudos.

Old
02-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
My only complaint is that some of the upper bowl cheap-seats are pretty damn tight.

Goaliemon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 04:39 PM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Then why the hell did Foote want out so bad???

PubOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 04:50 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

we can all argue about scott howson, players on the team and everything else, but I think we all can agree on the Nat being a great place to watch a hockey game... I was up in the nosebleeds in 202 at the Caps game and the seat was still great...you can see everything!

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 04:54 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliemon89 View Post
My only complaint is that some of the upper bowl cheap-seats are pretty damn tight.
That would be my only complaint too. My legs just dont fit in some of the cheap seats.

02-28-2008, 05:02 PM
BZArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
That would be my only complaint too. My legs just dont fit in some of the cheap seats.
True dat. I'm a big guy, and a lot of my height is in my legs.:/

There are times I have shelled out more than I would have neccesarily liked for lower bowl seats just so I could keep my knees out of my chest!

BZArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Lainey

Quote:
I've sat in C deck for Ohio State football since I was in elementary school, and the high seats are best. You can see everything... every play, the marching band, everything. Don't knock the nosebleeds.

Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 08:04 PM
oxcamel

I've sat all over the Nat and I have always said there isn't a bad seat. I have gotten used to sitting in the lower bowl this year (Usually 101 or 117). I did find one seat I didn't really like and that was the fourth row in 101. Lost too much of the ice on the far end, but that isn't a knock on the arena as that is a problem anywhere.

oxcamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 08:10 PM
CBJheadhunter

Whether or not your seats are good at Nationwide depends mostly on if there are obnoxious people located immediately near you...nothing really having to do with the seat location!

CBJheadhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 08:22 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cbj View Post
Whether or not your seats are good at Nationwide depends mostly on if there are obnoxious people located immediately near you...nothing really having to do with the seat location!
This is true... My Dad has a PSL and on one side you've got a guy that usually brings two or three of his young kids (like 3-4 or 5 years old) On the other side you have older people (2 couples 45-55 I'd say) That always get up during the intermissions and get beer, and subsequently get up a few times later in the game and you have to stand up and move for them, and finally, there are about 5 or 6 guys directly bnehind his seats that are loud, obnoxious, profane and ALWAYS drunk....

I can go and buy tix for the upper bowl and take my brother to a game and sometimes we luck out and are the only ones for 3 or four rows... get to stretch out and you get a whole, uncumbered view of ice, something you don't get down by the entrance tunnel and benches.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 08:59 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cbj View Post
Great point, I will be moving my seats for next year due to the A holes that sit behind me. I have know it all dad/thinks he is Jeff Rimmer dad, never shut up mom and ADD kick your seat all night kid behind me.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliemon89 View Post
I agree... but at the same time, at least I can see the ice as clear as day. Not like I'm cozying into a seat and then leaning.

Quote:
The Value City Arena comment... Yeah, I don't care for that place. It's a cavern more than an arena.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 03:13 AM
Handyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Moo View Post
I agree. It's actually so amazing when you reach the Arena District... You just can't find any faults from that point on!

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote