HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eric Lindros

Old
02-12-2017, 02:24 AM
NickyFotiu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Florida had Jovo and Rob Niedermayer, do your homework, better yet, go to bed, youre getting delirious....
OMG how could I have overlooked that huge core of homegrown players? Lets see.....Ed plus Rob =2 while the team had around 35 players on it. Hmmmmmmm seems like we have a much larger group of home grown players on our own team right now...but wait how is that possible?

NickyFotiu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 02:25 AM
ReggieDunlop68
hey hanrahan!

Quote:
????
Different = not because the owner was facing jail time

Equally bad = spending wars and farm depletion that almost led to the complete collapse of the NHL

ReggieDunlop68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 02:45 AM
NickyFotiu

Your plan to just lose as much as possible for year after year after year to get as many draft picks as possible is nothing new or unique but most NHL teams do feel a pressure to have fans entertained. If the fans are not entertained they see a lot of empty seats and often the GM goes bye bye. Since you feel you know more than professional GMs I think you should go prove it and then come back and you can tell me you told me so.

Last edited by Bob Richards: 02-12-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Old
02-12-2017, 02:53 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post

Your plan to just lose as much as possible for year after year after year to get as many draft picks as possible is nothing new or unique but most NHL teams do feel a pressure to have fans entertained. If the fans are not entertained they see a lot of empty seats and often the GM goes bye bye. Since you feel you know more than professional GMs I think you should go prove it and then come back and you can tell me you told me so.
Sathers own words " Id win a Cup every year if i had the Rangers budget"
Lol

I never said lose all the time, just play the cards your dealt...Sather thought he knew better and was proven dead wrong, for reals, gnight

Last edited by Bob Richards: 02-12-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 02:57 AM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Sathers own words " Id win a Cup every year if i had the Rangers budget"
Lol

I never said lose all the time, just play the cards your dealt...Sather thought he knew better and was proven dead wrong, for reals, gnight
You are the expert. Why dont you use your expertise to win us the cup. Why are you letting us lose? If I knew how to win the cup I would do so for sure. Please for the good of NY contact Dolan and get yourself hired.

Old
02-12-2017, 09:38 AM
Leetch66

Quote:
Poti was a young big dman who was on the all rookie team and could skate like the wind. He had just as much if not more value than York at that time and that is reflected in that trade. He also went on to have better years than York after the trade.

2 players (Semin/Steen) out of 21 picks is not great odds. My regret with the Bure trade is that Bure got hurt again not that we traded a pick that turned in to a nobody for him. When Bure played he was as exciting to watch as any Ranger player ever.

Bure against us in 94 playoffs was sooooooooooo scary !!!! From the red line in he was the scariest player I have ever watched play against the Rangers and it was magnified that much more on account of the significance of the 50 year curse in play in the 94 Cup finals....I think every period he would have a breakaway of sorts. I know I polished off many rye and 7's watching it on TV at the time.....if he had of scored late in the 3rd period in game 7.....he easily be the most hated player by Ranger fans even more than Potvin.

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 09:47 AM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Bure against us in 94 playoffs was sooooooooooo scary !!!! From the red line in he was the scariest player I have ever watched play against the Rangers and it was magnified that much more on account of the significance of the 50 year curse in play in the 94 Cup finals....I think every period he would have a breakaway of sorts. I know I polished off many rye and 7's watching it on TV at the time.....if he had of scored late in the 3rd period in game 7.....he easily be the most hated player by Ranger fans even more than Potvin.
He sure was scary in that finals against us. He was also fun to watch as a Ranger. How did he generate that kind of speed with no knees?

Old
02-12-2017, 11:13 AM
cwede

are you 3 guys actually enjoying spending your Sunday like this ?

anyway, my great first impression of Lindros involved Scott Stevens, but not that big hit. Very early on in his first season, probably his first or second game vs NJD as Flyer, late in the game, Lindros got the puck in/near his own end, blew down the left side past Stevens and straight to the net, to tie or win the game.
Seeing a guy that big skate that well was amazing, reminded me of Mess, and of the older Howe and Beliveau i got to watch late 60's when i began really watch the games

cwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 02:18 PM
ReggieDunlop68
hey hanrahan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Wasn't it Linden who hit the post?

The Russian Rocket was a machine that year. Bure is definitely underrated playoff performer [70 pts in 64 games] because the Canucks and Panthers barely made the post season.

Anyway, when he had the puck, it was quite frightening.

ReggieDunlop68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 12:51 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Jeff Toms?
The Tominator! Or Putty! What a waste of space.

For the record, I agree with Bluenote. The Lindros/ Bure trades were win now trades for a team that had no chance of being a win now team. Sather should have been rebuilding instead of living in yesteryear.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2017, 09:18 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
The Tominator! Or Putty! What a waste of space.

For the record, I agree with Bluenote. The Lindros/ Bure trades were win now trades for a team that had no chance of being a win now team. Sather should have been rebuilding instead of living in yesteryear.
Win-now moves for players who were broken down dolls.

02-14-2017, 09:19 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieDunlop68 View Post
Wasn't it Linden who hit the post?
Nathan Lafayette.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2017, 11:21 AM
CharlestownChiefsESC

Quote:

The main problem started all before that, Sather was hired, that guy is not a builder, just like when the Knicks hired Jackson, these guys don't know how to build, if anything, they are great finishers.
Didn't Sather build a dynasty in Edmonton?

CharlestownChiefsESC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2017, 12:32 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlestownChiefsESC View Post
The building became very easy when you got the greatest player of all time, arguably the second or third greatest player of all time, and the greatest puck moving defenseman ever.

Old
02-14-2017, 12:57 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
The building became very easy when you got the greatest player of all time, arguably the second or third greatest player of all time, and the greatest puck moving defenseman ever.
Guys Slats helped bring there right?

Old
02-14-2017, 12:58 PM
CharlestownChiefsESC

Quote:
He only had Gretzky, he drafted Messier and Coffey, and Messier really was a diamond in the rough, nobody wanted him. They thought he would be nothing but a 4th line goon. Sather drafted him and look what happened

Last edited by CharlestownChiefsESC: 02-14-2017 at 01:10 PM.
CharlestownChiefsESC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2017, 01:03 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
He only had Gretzky, he drafted Messier and Coffey, and Messier really was a diamond in the rough, nobody wanted him. They thought he would be nothing but a 4th line goon. Sather drafted him and loom what happened
Slats pushed the trade for Gretz as well.. No dynasties are easy to build. If they were everybody would do it. Its no accident that Slats is in the hockey hall of fame.. Its no accident that Gretz and Mess have the ultimate respect for Slats.

Old
02-14-2017, 01:08 PM
NickyFotiu

By the way when Slats pushed Pocklington to get Gretz he was not the greatest player in the game. He was a young thin kid that many hockey fans did not know and who some scouts did not think would succeed in the NHL.

Old
02-15-2017, 12:59 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
That Sather was a lifetime ago. He didnt build anything from 1991-2005 and THATS the Sather we hired.

I dont want to knock the **** out of him, the team did way better from 2006 until present time, but he got ALOT of help from Hank, Clark and Gorton.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 10:16 AM
True Blue

Quote:
I dont want to knock the **** out of him, the team did way better from 2006 until present time, but he got ALOT of help from Hank, Clark and Gorton.
Add Christian Rockstrom for being the scout to select Henke and I completely agree with you.

Old
02-15-2017, 03:56 PM
NickyFotiu

No offense but this is why its hard to take you guys seriously. For all the good done under Slats he never gets credit but he gets the blame for all the bad under his watches. Scouts and Renney picked Jessimen. Clarke picked Mcilrath but haters still blame Slats. When Clarke or others make a good pick (Stepan, Kreider, JT, etc) does Slats get any credit? No. When Slats trades for McD or signs Hayes, or Zooks does he get any credit? No.

Its pretty silly to argue over 2001-2004. This team has made the playoffs every season from 2005-2017 with the lone exception of 2010 when we lost in a shootout.

Old
02-15-2017, 04:35 PM
With a howitzer
Rookie User

I love this guy as a "Ranger" too! He was very graceful in their shirt with the letter "A" and scored many great ones during his NYR' career.

With a howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 04:38 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by With a howitzer View Post
I love this guy as a "Ranger" too! He was very graceful in their shirt with the letter "A" and scored many great ones during his NYR' career.
I wish we had him back as a Ranger especially from his first season.