HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pazzy #4

Old
02-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 5533
Pazzy #4

In the latest Hockey News, Goalie Issue 2008, Pascal Leclaire is ranked the #4 goalie overall, behind Luongo, Nabokov, and Broudeur. Nice feature article on Pascal as well. Mason is listed as a goalie on their future watch

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Yep, just got the issue yesterday, great stuff about Pascal, his relationship with Malarchuk has had a great influence on Pazzy's incredible season.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
They have a nice story on him as well .. http://www.zinio.com/express3?issue=245427738

Old
02-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

The next issue after this is the Future Watch, can't wait to dive into that one.

Old
02-28-2008, 03:51 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Somebody should show this story to the buffoons on the main boards who said Leclaire isn't a top 5 goalie in the NHL this year.

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 03:52 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
This should spice up the Leclaire vs. Lundqvist debate.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
Somebody should show this story to the buffoons on the main boards who said Leclaire isn't a top 5 goalie in the NHL this year.
Not worth the effort, they'll still say "oh it's just 1 year" or "oh he can't stay healthy'.

Old
02-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellington View Post
They have a nice story on him as well .. http://www.zinio.com/express3?issue=245427738
Ha Mellington, love the avatar.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Lainey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Not worth the effort, they'll still say "oh it's just 1 year" or "oh he can't stay healthy'.
With all due respect to Pascal, who is without a doubt my favorite jacket, those are both reasonable criticisms. He has had injury trouble and it is only one year (in a system that emphasizes team defense).

However, he is having an amazing year, and any game he starts, the team has a chance to win; not sure if we can say that about Norrena. And it appears he's shed that injury bug (I think adding muscle and better training and some age are the reason) and I want him retained. He is the most important player on the roster now (yes, more than even Nash).

We'll be lucky to sign him for less than $5million/year. I hope SH sees the opportunity to ridiculously front-load his contract. Give him a big payday now, while we're still way under the cap.

Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
With all due respect to Pascal, who is without a doubt my favorite jacket, those are both reasonable criticisms. He has had injury trouble and it is only one year (in a system that emphasizes team defense).

However, he is having an amazing year, and any game he starts, the team has a chance to win; not sure if we can say that about Norrena. And it appears he's shed that injury bug (I think adding muscle and better training and some age are the reason) and I want him retained. He is the most important player on the roster now (yes, more than even Nash).

We'll be lucky to sign him for less than $5million/year. I hope SH sees the opportunity to ridiculously front-load his contract. Give him a big payday now, while we're still way under the cap.
No one else is going to overpay Pascal until he's proven he can take a team to the Promised Land - neither should we. Leclaire doesn't strike me as a money-grubber ... and if the name isn't Tampa, they're not exactly handing out starting goalie jobs willy-nilly. Pay him fairly, but don't overpay... I'm not ready to say Mason isn't the man of the future.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 08:42 PM
pickledcotton

I'd say the biggest difference in Pascal is mental. I read a post the other day (I think it was here) saying that if a soft goal goes in, he just recoups and stands tall. That NEVER used to be the case in Syracuse. He, or in reality the lack of defense, would allow a goal and you could WATCH the kid deflate. He has come a long way from those days. I also think his training is better now and he is more serious about his game. Seemed like he came out of juniors with the impression that he didn't have to work hard to be good... kind of like the high school valedictorian who goes to college and learns that everyone's at his level, and phoning it in just won't cut it.

He's surprised me in a good way. He's come pretty far from the kid who was plainly displeased at being sent down to help Syracuse in the playoff run a couple years ago (and wound up out of the series with yet another groin injury).

pickledcotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
Haha, they were pretty pissed off when I poised that question.

Oh well. The main board sucks hard anyway.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickledcotton View Post
I'd say the biggest difference in Pascal is mental. I read a post the other day (I think it was here) saying that if a soft goal goes in, he just recoups and stands tall. That NEVER used to be the case in Syracuse. He, or in reality the lack of defense, would allow a goal and you could WATCH the kid deflate. He has come a long way from those days. I also think his training is better now and he is more serious about his game. Seemed like he came out of juniors with the impression that he didn't have to work hard to be good... kind of like the high school valedictorian who goes to college and learns that everyone's at his level, and phoning it in just won't cut it.

He's surprised me in a good way. He's come pretty far from the kid who was plainly displeased at being sent down to help Syracuse in the playoff run a couple years ago (and wound up out of the series with yet another groin injury).
Interesting. I like Leclaire's attitude ... to my ear, he says the right things at the right time and does so consistently.

The defense in front of him has undoubtedly become more reliable than ever before, and I think that helps everyone's confidence, including Pazzy's. Clearly, our TEAM is still a work in progress.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 5533
And I like the progress!

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickledcotton View Post

Yes!

As we all know, many goalies are nutcases. I think it's very telling that Jason Chimera said he's only played with two "normal goalies" in his whole career. Ty Conklin and Pascal Leclaire.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote