HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Time to Cheer for Calgary Folks

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Oilers Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilhitch
I would like the Flames do well, but I DO NOT WANT THEM TO WIN THE CUP.

Could you imagine

We would never hear the end of it :devil:
They've made the second round and already I know we won't hear the end of it. I predict it will come up after everytime the Oilers win next season.

I can see it now:

FLAMESFAN: At least we made the playoffs!

OILERSFAN: Yeah well we made the playoffs 6 of the last 8 years. Given a choice I'm happier about that!

FLAMESFAN: Well we made the second round!

OILERSFAN: Ummm...good for you?

And thinking of Calgary having a Cup parade...wheres the pukey smiley?

Old
04-21-2004, 07:27 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
but in 97 and 98 we made to the 2nd round

that's two years

so there

Old
04-21-2004, 11:22 PM
blackgold

The 11th Commandment

Any Oiler fan that cheers for the Flames is a traitor. They are our greatest enemy, and by cheering for them, you give up any right to call the Oilers your favourite team.

I didn't make up these rules, but I do follow them, and strictly enforce them :mad:

Old
04-22-2004, 01:00 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
They've made the second round and already I know we won't hear the end of it. I predict it will come up after everytime the Oilers win next season.

I can see it now:

FLAMESFAN: At least we made the playoffs!

OILERSFAN: Yeah well we made the playoffs 6 of the last 8 years. Given a choice I'm happier about that!

FLAMESFAN: Well we made the second round!

OILERSFAN: Ummm...good for you?

And thinking of Calgary having a Cup parade...wheres the pukey smiley?
Heh the Flames making the playoffs is going to absolutely kill me when I take the C-Train home after a BOA. My standard response if the Oilers lost was "at least I wasn't learning how to read the last time my team made the playoffs". Flames fans have way too much ammo now..

Old
04-22-2004, 08:30 AM
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Heh the Flames making the playoffs is going to absolutely kill me when I take the C-Train home after a BOA. My standard response if the Oilers lost was "at least I wasn't learning how to read the last time my team made the playoffs". Flames fans have way too much ammo now..
How do you spell dynasty in Calgary?

O N E

Old
04-22-2004, 01:42 PM
oilswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohologo
HBP, you're one of my favourite posters on this board, but I think you are a victim of your environment. Next you will be encouraging us to change lanes without signalling, take up smoking, skin boxes of kittens, and eat babies.
Your whole posting is hilarious. Should be stapled into an archive of great posts here. We need a librarian/archivist who can take these things and store them into "HF Pearls of Wisdom Archive".

Old
04-22-2004, 11:48 PM
Ozy_Flame

Hey man! I'm a die-hard Flames fan, but I wished nothing more than to see Edmonton make the 8th and final spot! I was quite dis-heartened when the Blues stole a spot (unjustly). I actually enjoy watching Oilers games just as much as Flames games, and I hope next year will be much better for them.

Go Oilers go!

Old
04-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Game 8

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
Hey man! I'm a die-hard Flames fan, but I wished nothing more than to see Edmonton make the 8th and final spot! I was quite dis-heartened when the Blues stole a spot (unjustly). I actually enjoy watching Oilers games just as much as Flames games, and I hope next year will be much better for them.

Go Oilers go!
The Flames look great. I am really rooting for them, they are keeping the playoffs interesting. Dispite past dislikes for eachother we small market guys got to stick together. Could have Detroit bought any more players? Their lineup is sickening..........
Go Flames!!

Old
04-25-2004, 09:14 PM
Oilers Hockey

Why is the media insinuating that Edmonton suddenly has Flames-fever? It's downright embarrassing/sickening to me, most people I know want nothing to do with Calgary and the select few they interviewed on CBC need their heads checked. I am just upset over how the media is all 'All Edmontonians are cheering for Calgary' cause it just ain't true!

Closed Thread