HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Season 2016/2017

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2017, 05:13 AM
  #726
TommySalo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
So, with few games left if Jokerit and Sochi finish level on points, who will have the advantage?

TommySalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2017, 05:48 AM
  #727
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommySalo View Post
So, with few games left if Jokerit and Sochi finish level on points, who will have the advantage?
Do you mean tie-breaker? Read this in english.

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2017, 10:50 AM
  #728
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,252
vCash: 500
I doubt it's very relevant since Sochi is playing SKA and CSKA away.

__________________
"no kind of logic, intelligence or philosophy can ever win a fight against ignorance, superstition or stupidity" (Justinov) - a thing to remember on HFBoards

"Here's a statistic, the average person in the world has less than 2 legs. Which is absolutely correct but somewhat misleading."
SoundAndFury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 04:13 PM
  #729
ermolli
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bratislava - Engerau
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Interview with Los Angeles Peter Budaj in slovakian news: http://hokej.pravda.sk/nhl/clanok/41...ze-sa-mi-dari/

Question: Where do you see the biggest problem of slovakian hockey (decrease number of high level players)?

Budaj: Young players in Slovakia and Europe dont wont to go to the universities and junior hockey to the North America, they dont go to the AHL. They prefer money in the KHL and they dont to wait for chance in the NA. In my time KHL did not exist and we had way junior hockey - AHL - NHL. I have heard a lot of young players in the AHL, they dont wait and stay. So they go earn money to the KHL and Europe.

So, tell me, is this guy clown, or what? Yes, here is plenty people in Slovakia, who complained for Slovan participating in the KHL. But nobody blame this league for decreasing of the slovakian hockey level. Really, when I read this article, I dont believe it. WTF? Alt-facts in the hockey? So, it doesnt matter than we havent system in our hockey, we havent new methods for young playres training and we freeze somewhere in 2002. No, the biggest problem of the slovakian (european) hockey is KHL

ermolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 04:46 PM
  #730
penepi
Registered User
 
penepi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermolli View Post
Interview with Los Angeles Peter Budaj in slovakian news: http://hokej.pravda.sk/nhl/clanok/41...ze-sa-mi-dari/

Question: Where do you see the biggest problem of slovakian hockey (decrease number of high level players)?

Budaj: Young players in Slovakia and Europe dont wont to go to the universities and junior hockey to the North America, they dont go to the AHL. They prefer money in the KHL and they dont to wait for chance in the NA. In my time KHL did not exist and we had way junior hockey - AHL - NHL. I have heard a lot of young players in the AHL, they dont wait and stay. So they go earn money to the KHL and Europe.

So, tell me, is this guy clown, or what? Yes, here is plenty people in Slovakia, who complained for Slovan participating in the KHL. But nobody blame this league for decreasing of the slovakian hockey level. Really, when I read this article, I dont believe it. WTF? Alt-facts in the hockey? So, it doesnt matter than we havent system in our hockey, we havent new methods for young playres training and we freeze somewhere in 2002. No, the biggest problem of the slovakian (european) hockey is KHL
All-in-all, it is a total crap, of course. But I understand him. He is now happy about his position - an old goalie with no chance to ever play again in the NHL is now among TOP 5 goalies in the world. Therefore he is convinced that his way - struggling and waiting for your chance - is the right way for everyone. Absolutely nothing to do with reality but whatever.

penepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 05:11 PM
  #731
ermolli
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bratislava - Engerau
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by penepi View Post
All-in-all, it is a total crap, of course. But I understand him. He is now happy about his position - an old goalie with no chance to ever play again in the NHL is now among TOP 5 goalies in the world. Therefore he is convinced that his way - struggling and waiting for your chance - is the right way for everyone. Absolutely nothing to do with reality but whatever.
Yes, I like Budaj return from black hole to the top. It is wonderfull. But he is starting goalie in the NHL, no backup in the Albany River Rats or HC Detva plenty people trust him, plenty people respect him. This is no position to spread the ********. I never see similar fake stories from guys like Satan or Visnovsky. They always talk about KHL with respect.

ermolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 12:31 AM
  #732
Acallabeth
Registered User
 
Acallabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Near an airfield
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 8,861
vCash: 500
Budaj may simply envy the players who don't have to play 6 years for pocket change to start their careers, like he did. Pretty dumb thing to say from him.

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 01:14 PM
  #733
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,252
vCash: 500
Admiral is sinking without the trace. Admiral sinking, get it, best joke EU. Seriously though, they have 2 very tough away games incoming, looking terrible at the moment. I think SU and Sibir takes the final 2 spots in the East. Sibir has the easiest remaining schedule overall, SU has 3 points waiting for them in home game against Lada. My guess is SU finish 7th with 85-86 points, Sibir 8th with 84-85, Admiral 9th with 82-84.

To be honest, Kunlun dropping to 7th or 8th wouldn't be a surprise either but I don't think they can slip to 9th. They just need to grind out one point in remaining 3 games which is bound to happen.

SoundAndFury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 01:25 PM
  #734
hansomreiste
Kebabman
 
hansomreiste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: İstanbul
Country: Turkey
Posts: 968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Admiral is sinking without the trace. Admiral sinking, get it, best joke EU. Seriously though, they have 2 very tough away games incoming, looking terrible at the moment. I think SU and Sibir takes the final 2 spots in the East. Sibir has the easiest remaining schedule overall, SU has 3 points waiting for them in home game against Lada. My guess is SU finish 7th with 85-86 points, Sibir 8th with 84-85, Admiral 9th with 82-84.

To be honest, Kunlun dropping to 7th or 8th wouldn't be a surprise either but I don't think they can slip to 9th. They just need to grind out one point in remaining 3 games which is bound to happen.
Sorry about amazing PS skills, I just couldn't contain myself. After all I've seen from this team...


hansomreiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 01:27 PM
  #735
Pavel Buchnevich
AV OUT
 
Pavel Buchnevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 16,757
vCash: 500
Have they released a playoff schedule? I know not every spot is decided yet, but sometimes they release early schedules, and then fill in the rest of the information afterwards.

Pavel Buchnevich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 02:24 PM
  #736
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
Have they released a playoff schedule? I know not every spot is decided yet, but sometimes they release early schedules, and then fill in the rest of the information afterwards.
They released general playoff schedule before season, see in english here.

If you are interesting in KHL rules etc, visit KHL website - about KHL - documents. Better to visit russian version of website.

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 06:22 PM
  #737
Pavel Buchnevich
AV OUT
 
Pavel Buchnevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 16,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
They released general playoff schedule before season, see in english here.
Okay thanks, thats exactly what I meant.

Pavel Buchnevich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 06:28 PM
  #738
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomreiste View Post
Sorry about amazing PS skills, I just couldn't contain myself. After all I've seen from this team...
I do realize there are reasons to doubt SU but they just have too much quality to blow it this bad. The break had to help too.

SoundAndFury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 10:55 PM
  #739
Eazy for Kuzy
Same old Caps
 
Eazy for Kuzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: France
Posts: 19,336
vCash: 439
Budaj is only relevant because Quick got injured. As soon as Quick returns for the Kings, he'll go back to being a run-of-the-mill backup.

Eazy for Kuzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2017, 06:05 AM
  #740
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy for Kuzy View Post
Budaj is only relevant because Quick got injured. As soon as Quick returns for the Kings, he'll go back to being a run-of-the-mill backup.
Oh, let him have his season-to-remeber...

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2017, 03:27 PM
  #741
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,252
vCash: 500
So SU and Jokerit basically clinched the PO spot today. Sibir only got a point but slow and steady might win the race in their case as all the opponents lost and got 0 point.

SKA might have thrown the regular season title away with home loss to Spartak. But that's just SKA things.

SoundAndFury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2017, 04:49 PM
  #742
Go Donbass
Registered User
 
Go Donbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Vancouver BC, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
Historic day as Vityaz clinch their first ever playoff spot. Hopefully they can make SKA work hard for a series win, or better yet pull off the massive upset.

Go Donbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2017, 09:06 PM
  #743
JDogindy
Registered User
 
JDogindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 932
vCash: 500
Is it time to put a bullet in Novokuznetsk?

JDogindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 05:09 AM
  #744
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
Is it time to put a bullet in Novokuznetsk?
No, and it never will be. They are producing more talent than most teams that are supposed to be solid.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 05:55 AM
  #745
hansomreiste
Kebabman
 
hansomreiste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: İstanbul
Country: Turkey
Posts: 968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
Is it time to put a bullet in Novokuznetsk?
Novokuznetsk is a very important city for Russian hockey but they are more like a teacher than a bright student; so I believe they should go to VHL. No KHL but no bullet either. They are just not at the right place.

hansomreiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 02:15 PM
  #746
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,252
vCash: 500
So Sibir couldn't win against Yugra either. It seems they really don't deserve to be in the PO. They still have good chances if they win the last game but at this point I'm starting to doubt it's gonna happen.

SoundAndFury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 10:24 PM
  #747
habsturies
Registered User
 
habsturies's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Baja California Sur
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
So Sibir couldn't win against Yugra either. It seems they really don't deserve to be in the PO. They still have good chances if they win the last game but at this point I'm starting to doubt it's gonna happen.
Today deserve by far the win,but the lack of scoring kill them.

habsturies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 05:34 AM
  #748
aonb
Registered User
 
aonb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsturies View Post
Today deserve by far the win,but the lack of scoring kill them.
so they don't deserve to be in the PO.

you can't blame lack of scoring when you have in your line up players like Shalunov, Shumakov, Sannikov, Okulov, Kemppainen or Boychuk and you play against weak Yugra (3L in last 3GP)

aonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 05:57 AM
  #749
hansomreiste
Kebabman
 
hansomreiste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: İstanbul
Country: Turkey
Posts: 968
vCash: 500
Looking forward to seeing attendance figures for Barys in play-off. 10K is not unrealistic for a city like Astana, especially with their modern arena and somehow promising team but I'm not sure if they can average that. It's also very interesting to me that we have ONLY one play-off pair in place out of eight before... last games. Very tight and enjoyable season. Will miss that one.

hansomreiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 10:41 PM
  #750
habsturies
Registered User
 
habsturies's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Baja California Sur
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aonb View Post
so they don't deserve to be in the PO.

you can't blame lack of scoring when you have in your line up players like Shalunov, Shumakov, Sannikov, Okulov, Kemppainen or Boychuk and you play against weak Yugra (3L in last 3GP)
Indeed.The final spot after a long season,is what you deserve.

habsturies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.