2016-2017 Boston Celtics/NBA Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2017, 09:32 AM
Ten Thousand Hours

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
Any other options out there you think Ainge looking at?
I think we're more likely to add another wing, like PJ Tucker or Tykreke Evans. Kyle O'Quinn would fit well as a big, but he has term on his deal which affects cap space.

And I'm not saying we won't get a clogging big man, like Bogut or Tarik Black or Willie Reed. Just that they would mostly get DNPs.

Old
02-17-2017, 10:52 PM
Mr Cartmenez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Thousand Hours View Post
Kyle O'Quinn would fit well as a big, but he has term on his deal which affects cap space.
Would be a great addition, but the contract beyond this season is a no go, too bad. That goes to show you how small the market is in which Ainge can go shopping. He doesn't want a rental and he doesn't want to on too much salary for next year in order to keep the max fa slot.

That combined makes me think that not much is going to happen. Maybe a Bogut rental type who costs next to nothing.

Old
02-18-2017, 12:12 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cartmenez View Post
Would be a great addition, but the contract beyond this season is a no go, too bad. That goes to show you how small the market is in which Ainge can go shopping. He doesn't want a rental and he doesn't want to on too much salary for next year in order to keep the max fa slot.

That combined makes me think that not much is going to happen. Maybe a Bogut rental type who costs next to nothing.
I think Bogut would help Al Horford big time .

Old
02-19-2017, 10:08 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

So it might finally happen, but Steve Bulpett (most reliable Celtics reporter) says it won't be Boston.

Old
02-19-2017, 10:56 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

So it's Cousins for Hield, a 1st and salaries. Celtics straight up didn't want him. And it makes sense.

Old
02-19-2017, 11:34 PM
Grey Poupon*
Cashmere Thoughts

Vivek is extending feelers but I can't see him do it.

Vivek messed up when he didn't trade Boogie 1-2 summers ago when he was creating divisions in the locker room. Now no one wants him and Hield + 2 1sts is highway robbery. Cousins is objectively the best center in the game. That return is awful.

To Philly - Wright, Powell + TOR 2017 1st
To Sac - Valancuinas, Noel, TOR 2019 1st + PHI 2019 1st
To Toronto - Cousins, Covington

I think that's a way better return for all parties involved. Sacramento gets two high-end, young bigs and 2 1st rounders. Toronto badly needs a swingman and a big that would work well with Boogie. Philly rids itself of an extra big they don't need, add high end wing players and an extra 1st rounder.

Old
02-19-2017, 11:37 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Poupon View Post
Vivek is extending feelers but I can't see him do it.

Vivek messed up when he didn't trade Boogie 1-2 summers ago when he was creating divisions in the locker room. Now no one wants him and Hield + 2 1sts is highway robbery. Cousins is objectively the best center in the game. That return is awful.

To Philly - Wright, Powell + TOR 2017 1st
To Sac - Valancuinas, Noel, TOR 2019 1st + PHI 2019 1st
To Toronto - Cousins, Covington

I think that's a way better return for all parties involved. Sacramento gets two high-end, young bigs and 2 1st rounders. Toronto badly needs a swingman and a big that would work well with Boogie. Philly rids itself of an extra big they don't need, add high end wing players and an extra 1st rounder.
It's been done. Cousins is a Pelican.

Old
02-19-2017, 11:48 PM
Grey Poupon*
Cashmere Thoughts

Quote:
It's been done. Cousins is a Pelican.
Holy CRAP!!!!@ I just saw that!!! %$^@#^%

Old
02-19-2017, 11:55 PM
Mr Cartmenez

WTF? Awful return for Sac. Now I guess the rumors about the Nuggets were true (Vucevic and Fournier/17 pick)

I guess that 100% confirms that Danny didn't want him. He could have easily beat that crap of an offer.

Pelicans now with an frontcourt of Davis and Boogie. That's the wet dream of almost every NBA-fan.

Old
02-20-2017, 12:01 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
WTF? Awful return for Sac. Now I guess the rumors about the Nuggets were true (Vucevic and Fournier/17 pick)

I guess that 100% confirms that Danny didn't want him. He could have easily beat that crap of an offer.

Pelicans now with an frontcourt of Davis and Boogie. :drool:
FOR 2 MONTHS only, I believe, When the trade was broken, THERE's zero chance now Cousins stays in New Orleans, however, what does that now do for the Pelicans, not the Kings, it's been reported for months, Cousins wasn't being dealt and preferred to stay in Sacramento, now this, nobody wanted Cousins here, based off personality and other issues, someone said, Cousins is the big man's version of Rondo, and how long did we have to put up w/ Rondo's antics in this market.

Old
02-20-2017, 12:03 AM
Grey Poupon*
Cashmere Thoughts

Old
02-20-2017, 12:06 AM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

According to ESPN the deal looks like this:

To New Orleans: C DeMarcus Cousins and SF Omri Casspi

To Sacramento: SG Buddy Hield, SG Tyreke Evans, SG Langston Galloway, New Orleans 2017 1st round pick and Philadelphia's 2017 2nd round pick

Remember when everybody was saying that if Boston wanted Cousins then the 2017 and 2018 Brooklyn picks were just the starting point.

Old
02-20-2017, 12:44 AM
Mr Cartmenez

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post

Remember when everybody was saying that if Boston wanted Cousins then the 2017 and 2018 Brooklyn picks were just the starting point.
That's why gauging value of a player as a fan is tough. You just don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

Next superstar to go could be George. If he's not happy anymore and told FO that he wants out, they don't have much leverage. That's actually something I could see, not Butler though.

Old
02-20-2017, 01:17 AM
CDJ

I bet Paul George ends up a laker

Celtics clearly didn't think cousins was the piece

Old
02-22-2017, 06:42 AM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Gary Washburn was on Toucher and Rich this morning and said that he believes the Celtics will go after Andrew Bogut.

I am Boston Strong
6/15/11
4/15/13
10/30/13 | 2/1/15 | 2/5/17

Old
02-22-2017, 01:57 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Cousins/Casspi introduced to media @ 11:30 AM Presser via WGNO New Orleans, for 1st time in career Cousins abandons the 15 he has worn since starting to play basketball, will wear 0, Casspi assigned 18;

Lakers/aka Fakers sack Jim Buss/ Mitch Kupchak/John Black hire Earvin Johnson as President of basketball ops/Rob Pelinka to be named next GM

Last edited by CHRDANHUTCH: 02-22-2017 at 02:05 PM.
Old
02-22-2017, 07:53 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

My wish list for tomorrow.

One wing:

Tucker
Tyreke
Gallo if cheap

One big:

T. Jones
Mirotic
Bogut
O'Quinn

No Butler; no George. Wait until after free agency and see if the price goes down. I'm open to moving Bradley as I have been all year, but doubt that will happen.

Old
02-22-2017, 09:27 PM
Gator Mike

Quote:
My wish list for tomorrow.

One wing:

Tucker
Tyreke
Gallo if cheap

One big:

T. Jones
Mirotic
Bogut
O'Quinn

No Butler; no George. Wait until after free agency and see if the price goes down. I'm open to moving Bradley as I have been all year, but doubt that will happen.
Largely agreed.

I think the key here is maintaining max cap space for this summer. Basically, whatever the offer is, it'd have to be enough to get the Celtics to pass on a possible scenario where they could sign someone like Gordon Hayward and draft Markelle Fultz.

Old
02-22-2017, 10:31 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Gary Washburn was on Toucher and Rich this morning and said that he believes the Celtics will go after Andrew Bogut.
That is the guy I would target if I was Ainge

Old
02-23-2017, 02:42 AM
CDJ

Yabusele has been good over in china and I saw some scuttlebutt that zizic would be a lotto pick in this years draft, so the draft and stashes are heading in the right direction

Old
02-23-2017, 07:53 AM
Mr Cartmenez

As always, I would be surprised if top players like George, Butler or even Drummond were moved. Especially Butler, the Bulls are notorious for overrating their players and sitting on their hands. I'd be shocked if something got done, Danny is not known for getting fleeced either.

Deciding between Butler and George is tough anyway. PG would probably be a better fit on our team. Better shooter and more versatile defender...can play the 4.
And while Butlers numbers may indicate that he's the better player, he's more of a ball hog. How would that work with another ball dominant player like IT? And the ball movement scheme CBS runs?
A huge benfit of getting either player is that it would be possible to still have a max FA slot in the off-season. Tough, but possible.

Conclusion: If push comes to shove, I'd take George.

What else do I expect today? A small move by Ainge (Bogut or Tucker). The biggest name to be traded today will be Okafor.

Old
02-23-2017, 09:55 AM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
As always, I would be surprised if top players like George, Butler or even Drummond were moved. Especially Butler, the Bulls are notorious for overrating their players and sitting on their hands. I'd be shocked if something got done, Danny is not known for getting fleeced either.

Deciding between Butler and George is tough anyway. PG would probably be a better fit on our team. Better shooter and more versatile defender...can play the 4.
And while Butlers numbers may indicate that he's the better player, he's more of a ball hog. How would that work with another ball dominant player like IT? And the ball movement scheme CBS runs?
A huge benfit of getting either player is that it would be possible to still have a max FA slot in the off-season. Tough, but possible.

Conclusion: If push comes to shove, I'd take George.

What else do I expect today? A small move by Ainge (Bogut or Tucker). The biggest name to be traded today will be Okafor.
I think Drummond might be traded, but not here.

If there is one bigger name I'd be interested in, who hasn't been brought up recently a lot, it's Noel. He'd be having a breakout year this year if he weren't on the Sixers I think. He's looked good.

Old
02-23-2017, 10:49 AM
Ten Thousand Hours

So Noel to Dallas and apparently the Brooklyn pick is now on the table for Indiana. And Bogut will probably get bought out by Philly and go somewhere more desirable.

Not good.

Old
02-23-2017, 11:01 AM
Mr Cartmenez

Quote:
So Noel to Dallas and apparently the Brooklyn pick is now on the table for Indiana. And Bogut will probably get bought out by Philly and go somewhere more desirable.

Not good.
Do you think the Bulls/paxers would be talking with Ainge about their stars if BKn 17 wasn't involved? They probably say that BKN 17 must be the starting point and have to discuss the secondary pieces.

To be honest, I wouldn't give up more than that pick. Why? Such a huge return for a star is unprecedented. If not, feel free to correct me. Kevin Love fetched the #1 overall and he was considered a top 10 player when that trade happened. But that was only because Lebron demanded them to make that deal. I get that BKn 17 isn't the #1 overall yet, but it's considered a historical draft. My feeling is that AInge will continue to talk after the draft lotto.

Noel to Mavs is a bit surprisng to me. Looks like Philly finally conceded and is ready to cut their losses. The return is not that good, the pick is protected. I actually don't think it conveys as the Mavs won't make the PO.
Next one is Okafor, they better take whatever they can get, the guy is just brutal and a dinosaur.

For gods sake: throw the kitchen sink at Bird and get George AND Turner. BKN 17, BKN 18, BOS 18, Bradley, Crowder, Brown, Rozier, expirings (Amir, Zeller, Jerebko). How great would that be? Pacers would never do that, though.

But by the way: Danny would never risk such an outrageous package without having the guarantee that PG signs an extension. Butler is probably easier to lock up and his contract runs longer anyway.

Last edited by Mr Cartmenez: 02-23-2017 at 11:18 AM.
Old
02-23-2017, 11:28 AM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
Do you think the Bulls/paxers would be talking with Ainge about their stars if BKn 17 wasn't involved? They probably say that BKN 17 must be the starting point and have to discuss the secondary pieces.

To be honest, I wouldn't give up more than that pick. Why? Such a huge return for a star is unprecedented. If not, feel free to correct me. Kevin Love fetched the #1 overall and he was considered a top 10 player when that trade happened. But that was only because Lebron demanded them to make that deal. I get that BKn 17 isn't the #1 overall yet, but it's considered a historical draft. My feeling is that AInge will continue to talk after the draft lotto.

Noel to Mavs is a bit surprisng to me. Looks like Philly finally conceded and is ready to cut their losses. The return is not that good, the pick is protected. I actually don't think it conveys as the Mavs won't make the PO.
Next one is Okafor, they better take whatever they can get, the guy is just brutal and a dinosaur.

For gods sake: throw the kitchen sink at Bird and get George AND Turner. BKN 17, BKN 18, BOS 18, Bradley, Crowder, Brown, Rozier, expirings (Amir, Zeller, Jerebko). How great would that be? Pacers would never do that, though.

But by the way: Danny would never risk such an outrageous package without having the guarantee that PG signs an extension. Butler is probably easier to lock up and his contract runs longer anyway.
No, I don't. But I was happier when the reports were there haven't been any substantial talks.

Closed Thread