Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2017 Bruins Playoffs Odds - Currently 81.1% chance of qualifying

Old
02-16-2017, 11:19 PM
BruinsFanMike82

vCash: 500
Down to 54.0%. Should be ~54.2% after the Flyers lose in Edmonton.

BruinsFanMike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 11:45 PM
DarrenBanks56

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
Bruins about to decline around 3 % tonight with Ottawa, Isles and Sabres winning..Only help is Philly is losing.
philly is done their gd is horrible

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 11:49 PM
DarrenBanks56

how is ottawa still winning??

boucher should be coach of the year

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 12:20 AM
nfld77

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBanks56 View Post
philly is done their gd is horrible
Bottom line regardless of what other teams does is: Bruins have to take care of their own business. If they have a decent run, similar to 14-9-1 rest of the way, they have an 81% chance of getting in, albeit after last night, they had an 88% chance if they went 14-9-1..Gets really complicated following those percentage chances night by night. lol, really complicates things.

I really hope they get in with the group they have although they need a capable back up. If they do make it, Rask will likely be burned out unless Dolby turns it around. But it would be great for the kids on the team to gain that playoff atmosphere experience..

nfld77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 12:21 AM
nfld77

Bruins at 54.3 % chance of making it after tonights games.

nfld77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 06:59 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:

They play a good system and they really do have some nice pieces and probably the best player in hockey. Anderson is also a legit star goalie. I think they're playing right where they should be, and they probably underperformed before.

Man if they could go more from Ryan/Phaneuf/Brassard they'd be real tough. Thankfully so much $ tied up in garbage there.

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 07:05 AM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
They play a good system and they really do have some nice pieces and probably the best player in hockey. Anderson is also a legit star goalie. I think they're playing right where they should be, and they probably underperformed before.

Man if they could go more from Ryan/Phaneuf/Brassard they'd be real tough. Thankfully so much $ tied up in garbage there.
They're definitely a lot less trendy than the Leafs.

It's amazing that one of 2 and 3 in the Atlantic will make it to the division finals while the 1 seed could get knocked off by a Metro wild card.

Still not sure how I feel about the hybrid playoff structure where you sort of play out of your division, but sort of don't.

Meanwhile the 2 and 3 in the Metro should be a great round one series and one of them will get bumped off way too early in the process.

02-17-2017, 07:15 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post

It's amazing that one of 2 and 3 in the Atlantic will make it to the division finals while the 1 seed could get knocked off by a Metro wild card.

Still not sure how I feel about the hybrid playoff structure where you sort of play out of your division, but sort of don't.

Meanwhile the 2 and 3 in the Metro should be a great round one series and one of them will get bumped off way too early in the process.
It's sort of the same problem every year. There hasn't been a seeding system in my lifetime where someone didn't benefit while someone got the shaft.

I do think I like those divisional rivalry games round 1. I know many hate it, but to me that's exciting as hell. Sens-Leafs or Bruins-Habs round 1 is so cool. The other good news is I don't think the Atlantic will be this bad in 3 years. So many young game changing players in the division. It'll make a comeback.

Old
02-17-2017, 07:16 AM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

vCash: 3165680
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post

Ottawa is in good shape to win the division as their schedule appears to be the easiest. They have already done California and Western Canada and only have to worry about games in Colorado and Arizona.

The Bruins will be rested in San Jose Saturday night while watching the Sharks play in Phoenix.

Fenway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 07:25 AM
Blowfish

Marner could be out for a bit does that chance the odds?

Blowfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 07:37 AM
Pia8988

vCash: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowfish View Post
Marner could be out for a bit does that chance the odds?
No. You only factor in team points and schedules. Not individual players. Too subjective for this type of thing.

Pia8988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 07:47 AM
JCRO
Blue line dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia8988 View Post
No. You only factor in team points and schedules. Not individual players. Too subjective for this type of thing.
Correct. However, away from the numbers, as a team it does hurt their odds

JCRO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 07:51 AM
caz16

vCash: 96
I remember last year the Bruins were in the high 80s in March and still blew it with that stumble to the finish line.

caz16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 08:54 AM
ODAAT

Quote:

unlike last year and the years prior, this Sens team actually plays D and plays a heavy neutral zone trap.

Couple that with the fact that as Anderson has left the team at times to be with his wife, his "backup" goalie has played well as the team in front of him trusts him and don`t adjust their approach when he`s in and lastly, for the most part, another team who has been exceptionally healthy other than Bobby Ryan and MacArthur

But I`ll tell ya, they are one boring team to watch

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 09:47 AM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
unlike last year and the years prior, this Sens team actually plays D and plays a heavy neutral zone trap.

Couple that with the fact that as Anderson has left the team at times to be with his wife, his "backup" goalie has played well as the team in front of him trusts him and don`t adjust their approach when he`s in and lastly, for the most part, another team who has been exceptionally healthy other than Bobby Ryan and MacArthur

But I`ll tell ya, they are one boring team to watch
They have always been boring to watch . There have always been a lot of Senators games on the local cable package here in Cape Breton . Glad I don't have cable anymore .

gillesgilbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 09:49 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
They have always been boring to watch . There have always been a lot of Senators games on the local cable package here in Cape Breton . Glad I don't have cable anymore .
no cable? Ugg, that would mean Mrs Odaat and I would have to talk more and if that were to happen, I fear I would bore her to the point where she`d have to walk away from it all

Old
02-17-2017, 10:57 AM
Mr Kelevra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
no cable? Ugg, that would mean Mrs Odaat and I would have to talk more and if that were to happen, I fear I would bore her to the point where she`d have to walk away from it all
You should check out tvfool and see what over the air channels are available to you, I'm 60 miles away from Hali and get CBC, CTV and Global in high def with a $30 antenna from the electronics chain store at the local mall.

I was hoping the Bruins weren't going to suck me back into caring this year but here I am. Thanks Donnie, sincerely a proud pink hat.

Mr Kelevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 11:38 AM
VanIsle

Ottawa is really starting to p*** me off.

Remember when the Hamburgler brought them to the playoffs and the Bruins missed, look at Condon now, he is the fastest Sens goalie to 5 shutouts and just isn't losing.

VanIsle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2017, 12:44 AM
talkinaway

vCash: 50
Just thinking out loud here, and Fenway probably knows the answer to this....is there a procedure for NBC to flex in a game on the final Saturday this year? I know the last two years they tried to do a "Super Saturday" with all the teams playing, and they scrapped that in favor of having the bye week and 4-5 games on Sunday, IIRC.

But it's quite possible that the NBC game on the last Saturday will be meaningless: if the Caps have clinched the Presidents Trophy, Ovi will get a rest. Our spot may be determined by the OTT game two days prior. I suppose if you go by the "don't put Canadian teams on the US national broadcast" rule, it would be [email protected] or [email protected] as the other candidates for an Eastern Conference swap. The latter could be the one to watch.

I wonder if they'd bump the Bruins back to 12 to avoid NBC exclusive overlap. That would be annoying....

talkinaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2017, 12:46 AM
13Hockey
Go B's

With Floridas win

Boston is now 10th in the Eastern Conference in Point Percentage

Playoff chances getting worse and worse

13Hockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2017, 01:03 AM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkinaway View Post
Just thinking out loud here, and Fenway probably knows the answer to this....is there a procedure for NBC to flex in a game on the final Saturday this year? I know the last two years they tried to do a "Super Saturday" with all the teams playing, and they scrapped that in favor of having the bye week and 4-5 games on Sunday, IIRC.

But it's quite possible that the NBC game on the last Saturday will be meaningless: if the Caps have clinched the Presidents Trophy, Ovi will get a rest. Our spot may be determined by the OTT game two days prior. I suppose if you go by the "don't put Canadian teams on the US national broadcast" rule, it would be [email protected] or [email protected] as the other candidates for an Eastern Conference swap. The latter could be the one to watch.

I wonder if they'd bump the Bruins back to 12 to avoid NBC exclusive overlap. That would be annoying....
NBC doesn't have many options for that day.

In a perfect world NBC would like to do the final game at Joe Louis Arena but it is doubtful Hockey Night in Canada and French TV would allow the game to be moved to the afternoon.

https://www.nhl.com/schedule/2017-04-08/ET

Old
02-18-2017, 01:07 AM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

Florida is doing very well in California so far so the Bruins need to do the same

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern.html

Old
02-18-2017, 06:35 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

writing was on the wall for Florida once they got Huberdeau back. They are a totally different team with him in.

Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr
Jokinen-Trochek-Reilly Smith
McKegg-Bjugstad-Marchessault

Everyone underperformed on there all year once their lines got all scrambled. Now they are really scoring at a crazy clip.

Old
02-18-2017, 09:00 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kelevra View Post
You should check out tvfool and see what over the air channels are available to you, I'm 60 miles away from Hali and get CBC, CTV and Global in high def with a $30 antenna from the electronics chain store at the local mall.

I was hoping the Bruins weren't going to suck me back into caring this year but here I am. Thanks Donnie, sincerely a proud pink hat.
well, looking at my latest Cable bill, I just may

Old
02-18-2017, 09:01 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
writing was on the wall for Florida once they got Huberdeau back. They are a totally different team with him in.

Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr
Jokinen-Trochek-Reilly Smith
McKegg-Bjugstad-Marchessault

Everyone underperformed on there all year once their lines got all scrambled. Now they are really scoring at a crazy clip.
I "think" at one time they had Barkov, Bjugstad and Huberdeau all out of the lineup?

Crazy