HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Niederreiter ejected for hit on Sharp

Old
02-17-2017, 10:42 AM
Sharppi
5 more years of Dub.

vCash: 1139
This is a joke. A ****ing joke. Another fumbled call against the Wild.

Sharppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 11:27 AM
Chrisinroch

vCash: 500
I don't think Faksa is trying to trip Nino. I think he's trying to find a lane and..."holy crap, There's NINO!" His skate goes a bit into Nino's path because he's got to get on his edge to change directions quickly to try to avoid contact. Nino, who has a very deliberate skating stride, has his left skate move a bit into Faksa's path because he's bracing for contact from Faksa that never comes. They clip skates and that spins Nino into Sharp.

And let's be logical here. Nino is F1. He's trying to cause a turnover or funnel the puck carrier. He is not trying to knock down blockers like he's covering a football kickoff.

And the idea that he lowbridges Sharp here is silly. Even the bad view shows Sharpe (in self defense) leaping before the contact. That's why he gets flipped, not some low hit.

I'm glad he's okay. I'm glad the bad call didn't have an impact on the game. I'm glad (almost) everybody sees this for what it is -- an accidental play in a fast game.

Chrisinroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 11:34 AM
Eternal Leaf

Ruff might want to watch it again.

Eternal Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 12:19 PM
Nharris31

Ruff is the same guy who claimed Erik Haula was a fourth line goon. When he got tripped into Lehtonen.

Nharris31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 12:49 PM
Anglesmith
Global Moderator
Skates like a deer

vCash: 134
Clear accident.

Anglesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 12:53 PM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nharris31 View Post
Ruff is the same guy who claimed Erik Haula was a fourth line goon. When he got tripped into Lehtonen.
Forgot about that. Thread title should be why do Stars players keep tripping Wild players into collissions with their team-mates.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 01:28 PM
gwh

HD replays from Reddit in couple different angles:

https://streamable.com/pncc0

https://streamable.com/rbadp

gwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 01:30 PM
Mcikinzom

Wow, what did the Wild do to **** off the zebras and the NHL? They get screwed with so many bad calls and refs looking the other way when their players get targeted.

Mcikinzom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 01:41 PM
SI90

Hate the Swiss Miss but he was clearly off balance from Faska. Not intentional in my opinion

SI90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 01:49 PM
DaveyBumbles

Hadn't noticed earlier that Sharp does indead leave his feet before the hit. Changes everything.

DaveyBumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 01:58 PM
SharksFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye Floater View Post
This thread is not going to go well for you.

Nino was tripped, lost his balance, and then had no way of avoiding Sharp. It was an accident.
Thanks for pointing that out. At first I was thinking he incorrectly thought Sharp actually had the puck. After reading your comment and watching the video again looks like you are correct. I don't know if I would could it a bad call by the officials, as at first glance it really looks like Niederreiter intentionally tried to hit Sharp, more just an unlucky sequence of events.

SharksFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 02:01 PM
notsocommonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcikinzom View Post
Wow, what did the Wild do to **** off the zebras and the NHL? They get screwed with so many bad calls and refs looking the other way when their players get targeted.
Or maybe it was just a blown call that is understandable at game speed and easy to armchair quarterback w multiple video angles?

Yea, that or drama I guess

notsocommonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 03:04 PM
stampedingviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoreira1981 View Post
Based on the second GIF, the game misconduct should be rescinded. That should have been a penalty on Dallas (Faska) for clipping and sending Niederreiter into Sharp, with Minnesota getting a 2-minute power play instead of Dallas getting a 5-minute power play.
Agreed, it should clearly be a 2 minute penalty of Dallas.

stampedingviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 03:13 PM
Revelation

- Niederreiter gets clipped by Faksa and loses his balance

- He doesn't even go low when he makes incidental contact with Sharp

- Sharp decides to freaking jump over him injuring himself on what would have been a completely routine check.

[MOD]

Last edited by Lapa: 02-17-2017 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Not needed.
Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 03:14 PM
BruinLVGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye Floater View Post
This thread is not going to go well for you.

Nino was tripped, lost his balance, and then had no way of avoiding Sharp. It was an accident.
That's what looks like to me too. I can't believe that they gave a 5 for this. Wowza.

BruinLVGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 03:46 PM
AvroArrow
#CaptainMorgan

You can clearly see the stars players foot make contact with Nino. He lost balance fell towards Sharp. Sharp tried to jump to avoid contact, but leaving his feet made it even worse.

That's not a dirty play, completely accidental. Actually initiated by the other Stars player who clipped Nino's foot.

AvroArrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 03:47 PM
Lazlo Hollyfeld
Tanking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinLVGA View Post
That's what looks like to me too. I can't believe that they gave a 5 for this. Wowza.
Agreed. He got 5 minutes and an ejection. The refs must not have seen what led up to the hit, because it looks totally accidental from getting tripped.

Lazlo Hollyfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 04:47 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 370
NHL DoPS says he's good to go.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 05:32 PM
Magic Mittens

vCash: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57special View Post
Faksa was playing cheap all game. Gave Suter a shot, which did not work out at ALL well for him, as Suter absolutely destroyed him on a clean check into the boards later. He then stuck his foot out on Nino, and after that went after Erik Haula, of all people. That's sort of like picking a fight with Bambi. Looks like he is trying to emulate Roussel.

What is even more bizarre is how a great player like Benn is making like Landeskog and taking dumb penalties. He broke his stick on Coyle's back, negating a PP, and seems to think his job is to be an agitator, jabbing people after the whistle and in front of the net. Shouldn't Ruff be telling him to leave that to others, and go out there and score goals? Or is he too stuck in the 80's? Do they really want to emulate CO as a team?

Because that's where they are heading.
First time watching Benn play? He gave Zucker a shot when Zucker gave Lehtonen a little tap when he had the puck, and gave Coyle a shot after he ran into Lehtonen. Maybe I'm alone on this, but I'm glad players do something after those plays

I didn't see the crosscheck, but that's nothing new with Benn. He's got a bit of a baby temper and does dumb things like that

So the Avs and Stars are terrible because that captains are living in the 80's eh? Thought it was more defense issues

As for Nino everyone who's seen a replay knows it's not intentional. Like someone else pointed out, during a game and no replay it's different to tell, maybe they didn't see Nino and Faksa bump each other. Didn't change any outcome at least

Magic Mittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 06:22 PM
Wabit

I don't blame the refs for the call. The probably only caught Sharp going flying in their peripheral vision.

End of the game that had gotten chippy. Coyle ran over Dallas's goalie, Benn broke his stick crosschecking Coyle, Suter blew up Faska?, Haula/Faska hugging match, Folin/Rousell kerfuffel, Nino/Sharp all happening within the last 10 mins of the game.

Just glad the 5 min major didn't effect the outcome of the game.

Wabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 06:23 PM
rynryn
Reluctant Optimist

vCash: 50
i find it hard to be mad at the refs for that because in real time at the game it really looked like Nino just plowed into him for no reason. The way they were all lined up in relation to one another you could have mistaken Nino's intent even if it was logically ridiculous to think he was attempting to hammer someone without the puck instead of going aggro on the puck carrier as was his obvious assignment.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 06:33 PM
Spurgeon

What an idiotic thread to post. Especially with that biased garbage in the OP. Clearly tripped before contact which threw him off balance.

Spurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 06:43 PM
me2
Callng out the crap

vCash: 93
Random collision made to look bad by sharp jumping.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 10:53 PM
Hobby Bull

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayAikenFan77 View Post
Yeah let's not show the moment before this when Nino is clipped by Faksa and has no chance of regaining balance in time to avoid hitting Sharp.

Your opinion is interesting. I'm a fan of neither team, but how I saw it was that he tried, unsuccessfully, to trip Faksa, and went deeper on Sharp.

Hobby Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 10:58 PM
Anglesmith
Global Moderator
Skates like a deer

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby Bull View Post
Your opinion is interesting. I'm a fan of neither team, but how I saw it was that he tried, unsuccessfully, to trip Faksa, and went deeper on Sharp.
The most blame I can assign to Nino here is that he may have been playing "chicken" with Faksa to try to inconvenience him as he turned up-ice. I don't think he'd actually want to cause a collision there, though because his team is protecting a two-goal lead with 2 minutes left at the time. Personally, I don't think he saw him as he was focused on the puck. But regardless, after that contact did happen, I don't think he had any real control over what happened next.

Based on the situation and the player, it doesn't really make any sense for any of this to be intentional. As we've seen before, what the video "looks like" doesn't really mean anything, given accidents can look intentional and vice versa.

Anglesmith is offline   Reply With Quote