Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part VIII

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2017, 12:27 PM
Blowfish

vCash: 500
I have bad feeling JFK will be included in the package.

Old
02-17-2017, 12:29 PM
Blowfish

Going to watch L Kog tonight see what all this fuss is about.

Old
02-17-2017, 12:30 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

I have a hard time seeing how Colorado accepts a Landeskog deal that doesn't include Carlo or McAvoy. Yes, Zboril and Lauzon are fine, promising dmen but for a team that's desperate enough for blueline help to trade away their 24 year old, 2nd pick overall captain, you would think it would be unacceptable from their standpoint for the main piece they're getting to be two years away ( at minimum ) which Zboril and Lauzon are.

Old
02-17-2017, 12:30 PM
Ice Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
I have a hard time seeing how Colorado accepts a Landeskog deal that doesn't include Carlo or McAvoy. Yes, Zboril and Lauzon are fine, promising dmen but for a team that's desperate enough for blueline help to trade away their 24 year old, 2nd pick overall captain, you would think it would be unacceptable from their standpoint for the main piece they're getting to be two years away ( at minimum ) which Zboril and Lauzon are.
Agreed. It's never happening without Carlo or McAvoy.

Old
02-17-2017, 12:32 PM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

Quote:
Unless other teams aren't willing to move 'elite' prospects as well...that might be the reason why.

02-17-2017, 12:35 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Him being a 2nd overall pick means nothing to me. He certainly doesn't score like a 2nd overall pick so not sure why that keeps getting repeated. He's a 20-24 goal scorer. Another thing I've read here lots is "youngest captain in NHL history". So because some franchise decided to prematurely name this kid a captain at 20 years old when he clearly wasn't ready for it, means he's worth more in a trade? Landeskog is the 24yr old captain of the LAST place team in the NHL. How's that for perspective.

Not picking on your post specifically, I just picked yours because you mentioned him being 2nd overall in your post.

Old
02-17-2017, 12:37 PM
OneManIsNoMan

Quote:
The part that gets me is it started out that they wanted a young LHD and then suddenly it didn't matter what hand the defenseman was.

Old
02-17-2017, 12:38 PM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Him being a 2nd overall pick means nothing to me. He certainly doesn't score like a 2nd overall pick so not sure why that keeps getting repeated. He's a 20-24 goal scorer. Another thing I've read here lots is "youngest captain in NHL history". So because some franchise decided to prematurely name this kid a captain at 20 years old when he clearly wasn't ready for it, means he's worth more in a trade? Landeskog is the 24yr old captain of the LAST place team in the NHL. How's that for perspective
What does him being a captain on a last place team have anything to do with that? How do you know he wasn't ready for it? It's not his fault Colorado is a mess.

We're trading prospects....we're not dealing someone like Pasta who is clearly the best player in the deal. I can understand if we continue to unload elite talent and get stiffs back, but this is the opposite....our team needs young talent that can play now and be important going forward.

Old
02-17-2017, 12:40 PM
bruinmann77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzay View Post
If the 5 player deal is legit, do you think its a 4 Bruins, 1 Av being Landeskog?
If not, who else do you think could be coming this way from Colorado?
I was just going to post this

Old
02-17-2017, 12:41 PM
riverhawkey91

Quote:
If you're Colorado and entering somewhat of a rebuild (given how poorly your year is going this year), wouldn't it make more sense to take the guy a few years away if in the end you do believe he'll be the better defenseman? Let's not forget (if memory serves) Zboril was still ranked higher on our prospect list coming into the season than Carlo.

In the meantime, you stay struggling and picking high, but ultimately end up with better players because of it.

Old
02-17-2017, 12:42 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Him being a 2nd overall pick means nothing to me. He certainly doesn't score like a 2nd overall pick so not sure why that keeps getting repeated. He's a 20-24 goal scorer. Another thing I've read here lots is "youngest captain in NHL history". So because some franchise decided to prematurely name this kid a captain at 20 years old when he clearly wasn't ready for it, means he's worth more in a trade? Landeskog is the 24yr old captain of the LAST place team in the NHL. How's that for perspective.

Not picking on your post specifically, I just picked yours because you mentioned him being 2nd overall in your post.
It may not mean anything to you, but it means something to that Avs organization. They invested in him and brought him along over the years and now want to get as fair value for their investment as possible while changing their paradigm of how they want to build their team.

Old
02-17-2017, 12:43 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
The part that gets me is it started out that they wanted a young LHD and then suddenly it didn't matter what hand the defenseman was.
I think you might be confusing Colorado with Winnipeg and the Trouba situation earlier on in the season.

Old
02-17-2017, 12:45 PM
bruinmann77

I just not sure giving up a Young Defenseman like Carlo or Mac is going to be good for this team in the long run. I hope the bruins don't give to much because as far as I can tell this is not a stud scorer ,maybe a 15-20 goal guy maybe I wrong but just don't see it

Old
02-17-2017, 12:50 PM
RetiredWBC8

vCash: 1000
There aren't many 20 plus 50 plus guys every year in the NHL. I think many are undervaluing what he can bring.

Old
02-17-2017, 12:50 PM
OneManIsNoMan

Quote:
I think you might be confusing Colorado with Winnipeg and the Trouba situation earlier on in the season.
No, because I remember thinking that Zbroil would be a good piece in a trade. If you look at their defense now...

Right Handed Shots
Jonson
Barrie

Left Handed Shots
Zadorov
Beauchemin
Barberio

^That is what they have currently signed past this season. They have a more pressing need for a LHD then they do a RHD, unless they plan on moving Johnson or Barrie out. Trading Landeskog to fill a 3rd pairing roll seems like a bad idea.

Old
02-17-2017, 12:51 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverhawkey91 View Post
If you're Colorado and entering somewhat of a rebuild (given how poorly your year is going this year), wouldn't it make more sense to take the guy a few years away if in the end you do believe he'll be the better defenseman? Let's not forget (if memory serves) Zboril was still ranked higher on our prospect list coming into the season than Carlo.

In the meantime, you stay struggling and picking high, but ultimately end up with better players because of it.
I think they would ( and should ) be targeting NHL ready prospects currently or on the cusp of playing full time in the NHL. I don't think Zboril or Lauzon are in that bracket of prospect readiness to be the centerpiece of a young, proven top 6 winger.

If Sweeney can pull off this deal without McAvoy or Carlo, he's a genius.

Old
02-17-2017, 12:52 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
No, because I remember thinking that Zbroil would be a good piece in a trade. If you look at their defense now...

Right Handed Shots
Jonson
Barrie

Left Handed Shots
Zadorov
Beauchemin
Barberio

^That is what they have currently signed past this season. They have a more pressing need for a LHD then they do a RHD, unless they plan on moving Johnson or Barrie out. Trading Landeskog to fill a 3rd pairing roll seems like a bad idea.
Carlo moving out in a deal with Colorado has always been the rumor for a couple of months now. I don't recall the Avs saying they're seeking a LHD.

The Winnipeg rumors have always been that they are seeking a LHD for Trouba.

Old
02-17-2017, 12:54 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowfish View Post
I have bad feeling JFK will be included in the package.
Huge mistake if he is in it

I watch him and I see a more advanced and better skating Adam Oates

Old
02-17-2017, 12:57 PM
OneManIsNoMan

Quote:
Carlo moving out in a deal with Colorado has always been the rumor for a couple of months now. I don't recall the Avs saying they're seeking a LHD.

The Winnipeg rumors have always been that they are seeking a LHD for Trouba.
Front what I remember it was when it first came out that Landeskog maybe available...I'm talking before Boston was even connect to Landeskog. Then again maybe it say they could use a LHD, not necessarily that they wanted a LHD. Either way if you look at some of the other rumored players that COL has asked for, their left handed (outside of Ceci).

Old
02-17-2017, 12:58 PM
Hazi

My guess is Gabrielle + JFK + Zboril + Beleskey if a trade happens.

Old
02-17-2017, 01:00 PM
JAD

From a depth perspective who else from Colorado could the Bruins have interest in along with Landeskog (excluding Duchene and MacKinnon ).
Just spit balling here assume Boston sends a package of Zboril, Beleskey, Hayes, and Morrow ... what could Boston get back along with Landeskog? (That is basically giving Colorado 2 firsts - one of which is a youngish PMD needing a chance to play, the other a very good prospect, plus two serviceable NHL wingers.)(yeah, I know Hayes hasn't done much here, but that could have been the system.)
Not saying Colorado would accept that, but I'm more interested in what Boston is looking to get back.

Old
02-17-2017, 01:01 PM
ashnathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazi View Post
For a team wanting goid D now I cant see that deal working nor do I want it to. JFK is the only 'stud' C we have in our prospect pool. Id rather hang onto him long term, hes gonna be special.

Old
02-17-2017, 01:03 PM
DKH

Quote:
I think they would ( and should ) be targeting NHL ready prospects currently or on the cusp of playing full time in the NHL. I don't think Zboril or Lauzon are in that bracket of prospect readiness to be the centerpiece of a young, proven top 6 winger.

If Sweeney can pull off this deal without McAvoy or Carlo, he's a genius.
Giving JFK Zboril/Lauzon Gabrielle/Heinen/DeBrusk up is overpayment for a spot we have the most depth

Bizarro world may find me pissed at Sweeney and every one else happy

Old
02-17-2017, 01:04 PM
stick9

Quote:
So you deal a key peice of your franchise and the only player that hits the ice for you this year and possibly next is Belesky.

Sorry, that just aint happening. We can all hope it does, but it ain't.

Old
02-17-2017, 01:04 PM
DKH

Quote:
Ugh

Closed Thread