HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Grabovski in Montreal To Stay: Not On AHL Clear-Day Roster

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-29-2008, 09:43 PM
  #51
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,601
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
How about Latendresse - Kostitsyn - Grabovski??
Two speedsters and a fat assed freight train... but i love it!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 09:49 PM
  #52
lamp9post
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,002
vCash: 500
I'm usually not one to speculate far into the future, but with Koivu's contract expiring at the end of next year...

Is Grabovski a potential long term replacement?

lamp9post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 10:41 PM
  #53
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue
 
Stanley Foobrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fooville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,408
vCash: 500
Didn't even put Grabovski or Sergei Kostitsyn in the in-residents list? I guess Gainey doesn't want Bulldogs fans to enjoy another long playoff run.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 10:58 PM
  #54
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
Didn't even put Grabovski or Sergei Kostitsyn in the in-residents list? I guess Gainey doesn't want Bulldogs fans to enjoy another long playoff run.
Kind of hard for them to play in Hamilton when they'll still be playing here in late May!

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 11:05 PM
  #55
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue
 
Stanley Foobrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fooville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Kind of hard for them to play in Hamilton when they'll still be playing here in late May!
Really? After Huet and the Capitals take them out of the NHL playoffs, they'll still be playing hockey in Montreal, in May?

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 11:08 PM
  #56
Rock On
Registered User
 
Rock On's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Saint-Jean
Country: Canada
Posts: 307
vCash: 500
I'm happy that he stays until the end of the season. His speed will really help the Habs.

Is it me or his skating seems to have improve since his injury ? Maybe he just plays with more confidence but it really seems to me he really emprove this aspect.

It's good to see the habs with 3 dangerous lines.

Rock On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 11:09 PM
  #57
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,188
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
2 pt night... wonderful!

glad hes starting to come around.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 11:18 PM
  #58
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue
 
Stanley Foobrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fooville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock On View Post
I'm happy that he stays until the end of the season. His speed will really help the Habs.

Is it me or his skating seems to have improve since his injury ? Maybe he just plays with more confidence but it really seems to me he really emprove this aspect.

It's good to see the habs with 3 dangerous lines.

I realize you weren't necessarily responding to my post, but I just want to make something clear. I'm not saying Montreal has to send anyone down. But, it would have been nice to see any current Habs that would be eligible to play for the Dogs in the playoffs to be on the list.
This way if Montreal was to exit the playoffs early and the Dogs went on a run, at least these guys would have the option of coming down.

Last season Lapierre and Stortini were more than happy to come back to Hamilton and compete for the Calder Cup.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:00 AM
  #59
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock On View Post

It's good to see the habs with 3 dangerous lines.
Could not agree more, Grabovski's speed and overall talent really helps us be a serious offensive threat at any given moment..

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:39 AM
  #60
Erika
Registered User
 
Erika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ville Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,923
vCash: 500
I'm glad that Grabovski will finally stay here in Montreal. The guy has speed to burn and good offensive skills that can be effective in the NHL if given the chance in my opinion. He just need this opportunity and this confidence from Management, a bit like Alexander Perezhogin (he never had this real chance to prove what he was capable of offensively).

He played a good game tonight and I can't wait to see a line of

S.Kostitsyn - Grabovski - A.Kostitsyn , next season,
because I'm sure this combination would do serious damage offensively.

The Belorussian line must be try next year, because it's a no brainer to me.
Andrei would look way better on the RW and Sergei I think will fit better on the LW because of his superior playmaking abilities.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:47 AM
  #61
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,915
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
The more he will play, the more he will adapt to the NHL and finally, the more he will put up numbers.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:47 AM
  #62
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiro View Post
I'm glad that Grabovski will finally stay here in Montreal. The guy has speed to burn and good offensive skills that can be effective in the NHL if given the chance in my opinion. He just need this opportunity and this confidence from Management, a bit like Alexander Perezhogin (he never had this real chance to prove what he was capable of offensively).

He played a good game tonight and I can't wait to see a line of

S.Kostitsyn - Grabovski - A.Kostitsyn , next season,
because I'm sure this combination would do serious damage offensively.

The Belorussian line must be try next year, because it's a no brainer to me.
Andrei would look way better on the RW and Sergei I think will fit better on the LW because of his superior playmaking abilities.
Amen.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 01:03 AM
  #63
Sthabs
Registered User
 
Sthabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,777
vCash: 500
Didnt Carbo tried that line tonight?
or where they during a line change?
Because for the few seconds they were on the ice together, Sergei scored

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 02:07 AM
  #64
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
Is Grabovski a potential long term replacement?
No he isn't.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.