Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

U18 Russian team

Old
02-07-2017, 10:54 AM
Caser
@RUSProspects

vCash: 500
Final 5 Nations roster according to http://stats.swehockey.se/Teams/Info...oster/7942#RUS:

1 Kochetkov, Petr
3 Galeniuk, Danila
7 Baranov, Veniamin
8 Kovyrin, Alexander
9 Bitsadze, Mikhail
11 Lobanov, Daniil
13 Toropchenko, Alexei
14 Klisunov, Aleksander
15 Kalabushkin, Evgeny
16 Anokhovsky, Nikita
17 Klepko, Ivan
18 Perelyayev, Semyon
19 Slepets, Kirill
20 Kravtsov, Vitali
21 Dedov, Georgi
22 Shen, Pavel
23 Muranov, Ivan
24 Popov, Kirill
26 Nikolenko, Leonid
27 Marushev, Maksim
28 Okhotiuk, Nikita
30 Melnikov, Artem

Strange that fhr.ru didn't publish it yet and also that Slepets is there, as he wasn't on the camp roster.

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2017, 11:06 AM
Fantomas

Ugh. Russia has so much talent in this age group, but this roster would fool you into thinking that it doesn't.

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Caser
@RUSProspects

Well, it's not like we would need to showcase the talent this time. I think we need to:

1. Find a replacement for Kostin (imo, Kravtsov Vs. Slepets here)
2. Find a back-up goalie (imo, Melnikov here)
3. Find the best possible bottom-six combination
4. Find some defense

Old
02-07-2017, 01:40 PM
Fantomas

In your opinion, are the absences of Khovanov and Denisenko indications that they will not be considered by the main U18 tournament?

And, boy, I hope Kravtsov vs. Slepets is not going to be an actual debate.

Old
02-07-2017, 03:43 PM
Caser
@RUSProspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
In your opinion, are the absences of Khovanov and Denisenko indications that they will not be considered by the main U18 tournament?

And, boy, I hope Kravtsov vs. Slepets is not going to be an actual debate.
I'd say they won't be considered - Golubovich likes his top-six: Chekhovich-Lipanov-Svechnikov; Alexeyev-Bitsadze-"Kostin'sReplacementGuy" and they're not the bottom-six guys. Of course, if someone from that top-six is unavailable, it will be a different situation.

I don't know, I feel that Kravtsov might be a good replacement for Kostin, at least I don't see a better RW at the moment.

Old
02-07-2017, 04:38 PM
Fantomas

Agree about Kravtsov. I think he is much better now than Slepets.

Also Golubovich is an idiot.

Old
02-07-2017, 05:05 PM
Caser
@RUSProspects

Quote:
Agree about Kravtsov. I think he is much better now than Slepets.

Also Golubovich is an idiot.
I think I'd disagree here, I mean, Golubovich is certainly not a Rumyantsev or Plyuschev, just he has his own concept (which kind of reminds me of Varnakov back in his U20 NT days couple of years ago) and it more or less delivers the result so far. And no coach is gonna change his favourite concept while it is delivering the result.

And yes, I'm also not a fan of this concept.

Old
02-07-2017, 05:57 PM
Fantomas

If Golubovich wins gold with his team I will take it back. But I am not holding my breath.

This should be a super-team. Instead it's just another boring roster.

Old
02-09-2017, 10:31 AM
Yakushev72

Quote:
If Golubovich wins gold with his team I will take it back. But I am not holding my breath.

This should be a super-team. Instead it's just another boring roster.
Unlike with Prokhorov, Russia won't win this tournament with coaching. Golubovich will only take it as far as his team takes him.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 01:27 PM
Fantomas

Both the U18 and the U17 teams are performing poorly at tournaments now. If they want to win at the U18s in April they'll need to combine the best players from both.

On the bright side, Khovanov seems fine.

Old
02-12-2017, 02:07 PM
Caser
@RUSProspects

Apparently I was wrong about Kravtsov being a candidate for Kostin's roster spot, as he had been buried on the 4-th line.

Old
02-12-2017, 02:54 PM
wings5

Quote:
Both the U18 and the U17 teams are performing poorly at tournaments now. If they want to win at the U18s in April they'll need to combine the best players from both.

On the bright side, Khovanov seems fine.
u18s have their best players in NA though, its almost like a Russian B roster with some exceptions.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 03:48 PM
Fantomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
u18s have their best players in NA though, its almost like a Russian B roster with some exceptions.
Some. Chekhovich and Svechnikov are definitely key names.

There are too many things going wrong right now and for multiple reasons. I believe there should be a state-operated bureaucracy that has oversight to keep the selection and coaching of these players in check for the greater good of Russian hockey development. The likes of Golubovich should not have free reign to just play their favorites. People knocked Soviets for doing this, but I think they had the right idea.

Furthermore, for the millionth time, something needs to be done to keep players from leaving to play abroad. And it's like a vicious circle with these national teams. Worthwhile players get either left off, or placed on the fourth line, and then leave out of sheer spite.

It doesn't seem that Fetisov's much ballyhooed/hated idea has any traction, so why not give top prospects stipends? Give them financial incentives to stay and if they are stuck in a situation where they are not getting VHL or KHL icetime, enact loans to other clubs - force them if necessary. Do not leave all league operations in corporate hands.

I am tired of seeing these half-baked rosters. They are way worse than they should be and they are losing.

Old
02-13-2017, 09:44 AM
Yakushev72

Its time for the RHF to face reality and go to a national team concept at junior levels. The USA NTDP was created in the image of the Soviet system, and it has worked fantastically for them. They did it to take a vast and disjointed system and create the so-called "programs of excellence." That means kids train together and are coached according to a model that can be transported around the country. The RHF started out in that direction with Prokhorov, but then the Mildronate debacle derailed the efforts. I believe that it was the right idea, and that it would have been successful.

Of course, the migration to NA will stand in the way of an NTDP program, but they have to begin confronting the issue at some point. There is enough potential talent around to survive the loss of future NHL superstars like Tolchinsky, Goldobin, Abramov and Sokolov. National teams have the advantage of being able to train together at various intervals in the schedule, and the teamwork, cohesion and potentially advanced training regimens would likely bring about the desired success..

Old
02-13-2017, 12:05 PM
Fantomas

As far as I know the U18 MHL team is coming back so that should help.

Old
02-13-2017, 02:21 PM
Pavel Buchnevich
AV AND GORTON OUT

Quote:
As far as I know the U18 MHL team is coming back so that should help.
There should be one for U17 as well.

Pavel Buchnevich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 07:45 PM
Fantomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
Perhaps. You mean in the MHL?

Old
02-13-2017, 09:34 PM
wings5

Quote:
I do wonder if such a team existed how they would fare in the MHL. Imagine the best 00s, Svechnikov, Khovanov, Denisenko, Nizhnikov, Gogolev etc on one team, they should at least be decent no?

Old
02-13-2017, 09:37 PM
Pavel Buchnevich
AV AND GORTON OUT

Quote:
Perhaps. You mean in the MHL?
What I'd do is have a U17 team in the MHL, and a U18 team in the VHL. Even if these teams get last place in both leagues, I think it would help out player development. If things go really well with those two teams, add a U19 team to the VHL, and a U16 team to the MHL, but for now, I'd just start with U17 and U18.

I think it would also help keep players from going to North America. There has to be some logical way to centralize player development, get these players good competition and preferred minutes so they aren't playing 3 minutes a game in the KHL when they should be in the VHL or 10 minutes a game in the VHL when they should be playing 18 minutes a game in the MHL. Take the development out of the team's hands. They don't always have what's in the best interest of their players. If you have your own coaches controlling the development of your best players, I think you will get better results.

Old
02-13-2017, 09:42 PM
Pavel Buchnevich
AV AND GORTON OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
I do wonder if such a team existed how they would fare in the MHL. Imagine the best 00s, Svechnikov, Khovanov, Denisenko, Nizhnikov, Gogolev etc on one team, they should at least be decent no?
U18's were first place in their division in the MHL last year, and its not like that team was so talented either. I know NHL draft position doesn't matter that much, but that team only had 4 NHL draft picks on it. A team with all those players you name that has real top talents like Svechnikov and Khovanov could probably do well enough to be competitive.

I don't think they'd come in last place, but even if they did, I think it would be good to have that team. These players can all individually play in the MHL, none would be out of place, and a few might be very good.

The players can move up to the next team each year with changes made to judge which players have made improvements and which have not. If a player isn't good anymore, you discard them back to their KHL organization, and add a new player who has been playing well in the MHL or VHL for their KHL team's affiliates. Once their KHL team demonstrates the need for that player to play regular shifts in the KHL, they can be released from the program. In special cases, players could be released to the NHL, if they are Svechnikov level talents who could play in the NHL right away.

Last edited by Pavel Buchnevich: 02-13-2017 at 09:51 PM.
Old
02-13-2017, 10:54 PM
wings5

Everyone talks/hopes of change but really this is all they can do, change may never happen and people will keep proposing and talking.

Old
02-13-2017, 11:02 PM
Fantomas

Quote:
What I'd do is have a U17 team in the MHL, and a U18 team in the VHL. Even if these teams get last place in both leagues, I think it would help out player development. If things go really well with those two teams, add a U19 team to the VHL, and a U16 team to the MHL, but for now, I'd just start with U17 and U18.

I think it would also help keep players from going to North America. There has to be some logical way to centralize player development, get these players good competition and preferred minutes so they aren't playing 3 minutes a game in the KHL when they should be in the VHL or 10 minutes a game in the VHL when they should be playing 18 minutes a game in the MHL. Take the development out of the team's hands. They don't always have what's in the best interest of their players. If you have your own coaches controlling the development of your best players, I think you will get better results.
I agree, particularly with the bolded. I would however also incorporate monetary stipends, however the nature of the hockey business in Russia is becoming so corporate that untangling these problems might be very difficult. Putin's Russia is a country in the midst of mass privatization.

Old
02-13-2017, 11:30 PM
MaxV

The U18 team is a great idea not only for development purposes but also for exposure.

Make no mistake, kids go to CHL because they hope to increase their exposure to NHL scouting.

Give them what they want back home so leaving would be unnecessary.

MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 09:48 AM
Yakushev72

Quote:

This approach has worked in the past. I read about the USA 1980 Olympic Gold Medal team playing a full schedule in a minor pro league (Central League?) that counted in the league standings. This ensured that the pro teams would not just go through the motions like a typical exhibition game. They said it was brutal, but it helped to steel them for the Olympics where they stunned the World by winning Gold.

Old
02-22-2017, 01:14 PM
Caser
@RUSProspects

Kravtsov scored in KHL play-offs... I can almost feel the frustration I will have when Golubovich won't take him to the WJC.