HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dreger- Leafs may go after gainey

Old
03-01-2008, 01:20 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Easy now lil fella!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 01:20 AM
Zeus54
Trollololol

vCash: 500

Zeus54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 02:20 AM
Brass

OT-comedy where the leafs gets trashed

The new mike myers comedy - Featuring myers,alba,Timberlake- and that dude from the 40 yr old virgin
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TLB1r9lh7gY

JT is a quebecois lol he didnt get the accent too well
this movie looks bad but we see Leafs players get crushed so im probably download this movie haha! and there is the Alba Factor

Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 02:26 AM
m00ks

I wonder which players are actually in there.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 02:27 AM
AhSurre

Dreger is talking s***. Obviously Gainey won't leave Montreal and we all know that. I'm a Leaf fan and know that. They were even saying on TSN when Ferguson first got fired that The Leafs were gooing to approach Lou Lameriello. That's even more ridiculous than Gainey.

AhSurre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 02:31 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Comedy where the Leafs get trashed...

You must be talking about Leafs games.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 09:55 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexisonfyre View Post
I wouldn't want to play them in the playoffs because they could upset us. They are a pretty strong team when all of their big contracts play good hockey.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
The thing that pisses me off the most about this BS is the perception from the Toronto media that joining the Leafs is something any quality executive should want and they should leave a great current situation to take it. Like it's the greatest job ever and such a greaaaaaaaat organization that anyone wants to be a part of. Whatever. **** them and the **** they are in.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 10:19 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The thing that pisses me off the most about this BS is the perception from the Toronto media that joining the Leafs is something any quality executive should want and they should leave a great current situation to take it. Like it's the greatest job ever and such a greaaaaaaaat organization. Whatever. **** them and the **** they are in.
It's typical Leaf Nation attitude!

Leafs are #1, Best organization to work for in hockey.

They think everyone would be hopping for joy at the opportunity to work with them, while I don't doubt someone will jump ship, how they figure every knowledgable Hockey figure wants to go there is way beyond my comprehension. Way.

Old
03-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Schooner Guy

Dreger's absolutely horrible. TSN must be really kicking themselves for hiring him and labelling him an "insider". It's an insult to Bob MacKenzie.

Dreger has no leads and never adds anything of substance or value to the TSN hockey panel. All he has left to do is speculate and create ridiculous scenarios that never take place. He goes on about how Brian Burke is the #1 guy the Leafs want and that Burke can basically have the Leafs GM if he wants it (pure speculation). He then describes the tampering reality and states that because of this neither the Leafs or Burke can talk about the potential marriage. So if that's the case and neither party has ever talked about it, then why is this a story? As I mentioned, Dreger has zero contacts/leads and must therefore base his Insider reports on "What If's" along with potential scenarios. This was so nauseating that I changed the channel and didn't hear him mention Gainey's name but the possibility of Gainey jumping ship to Toronto is just from way out in left field. Gainey is a Habs legend who played for and captained the Habs, brought the organization back from the dead and is just now seeing the results of his diligent work, just got his number retired, proclaimed his love for the city and has convinced all but one of his children to move to Montreal, has a charity foundation running in Montreal, has full control over all hockey operations (no MLSE headaches), is under contract for a couple more years, and is about to enter the historic franchise's Centennial anniversary season. Assinine report by Dreger. TSN should be ashamed.

TSN should think long and hard about cutting Dreger loose because he is piss-poor at his job and is just embarrassing Canada's #1 hockey network. LeBrun, Kypreos, and even Millard from Sportsnet are all better than Dreger. Anyone that's ever appeared on HNIC's Hot Stove are better than Dreger and at least bring something to the table (even if they might be a hack like Strachan). The Godfather of hockey insiders, Bob MacKenzie, must just shake his head when he hears his colleague Dreger jabber away with nothing but pointless drivel.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 10:29 AM
24Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The thing that pisses me off the most about this BS is the perception from the Toronto media that joining the Leafs is something any quality executive should want and they should leave a great current situation to take it. Like it's the greatest job ever and such a greaaaaaaaat organization that anyone wants to be a part of. Whatever. **** them and the **** they are in.
All potential candidates need do is to call JFJ or even Pat Quinn to enquire about the dynamic of working with Steve Stavros and Richard Peddie. No experienced and currently employed GM is going to bolt their team to get mired in the cultural managerial mess that exists at MLSE. They gave Colangelo hands free authority because they know they have no clue about basketball. But in Canada everyone is an arm chair hockey expert and knows what's best to build a Stanley Cup champion. Fun times when part of the everyone are your buddies and fellow pundits, another thing when they are your ignorant bosses.

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Gainey would have to be nuts to leave for the TML job...all those no trade contracts won't magically go away this summer, their farm system will not magically pop up with 6-7 blue chippers.

In terms of cap status, on ice talent and depth on the farm, Toronto is among the 4-5 worst teams in the NHL. They may not even get a lottery pick because of all the non deals at the deadline due to no trade clauses.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 10:56 AM
revin5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
And I want a 6'2" right-handed center. Tough ****.

Leafs
Maxim Lapierre?

revin5* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
All potential candidates need do is to call JFJ or even Pat Quinn to enquire about the dynamic of working with Steve Stavros and Richard Peddie. No experienced and currently employed GM is going to bolt their team to get mired in the cultural managerial mess that exists at MLSE. They gave Colangelo hands free authority because they know they have no clue about basketball. But in Canada everyone is an arm chair hockey expert and knows what's best to build a Stanley Cup champion. Fun times when part of the everyone are your buddies and fellow pundits, another thing when they are your ignorant bosses.
Good points, but I think you meant Larry Tanenbaum, not Stavros. Steve Stavros TML suffering ended some time ago when he passed away.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 11:57 AM
gee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
What else is in your fantasy? A candle-lit dinner? Rose petals on the bed?

I know what's there! A midnight walk on the beach where you hold hands and exchange sweet nothings!

HAHAHA, more like a string of rubber beads and a tube of water based lubricant!

gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:11 PM
gee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Maybe the Leafs can hire Mahovolich or Kelly from their last cup team in 1967.

4 horsemen ?

gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:37 PM
THE HOFF

DREGER = full of *****...

yeah I see gainey leaving after having a good season, the year before the 100 years anniversary.... He's a lifetime Gm for mtl, unless we fire him.... which will not happen.

Rumour ; leafs might not make the playoffs next years due to stupid negociating from former gm JFJ ... who gave NTC to all his bloody goons.

* JFJ is now at tsn, sitting next to dreger.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:42 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Dreger's absolutely horrible. TSN must be really kicking themselves for hiring him and labelling him an "insider". It's an insult to Bob MacKenzie.

Dreger has no leads and never adds anything of substance or value to the TSN hockey panel. All he has left to do is speculate and create ridiculous scenarios that never take place. He goes on about how Brian Burke is the #1 guy the Leafs want and that Burke can basically have the Leafs GM if he wants it (pure speculation). He then describes the tampering reality and states that because of this neither the Leafs or Burke can talk about the potential marriage. So if that's the case and neither party has ever talked about it, then why is this a story? As I mentioned, Dreger has zero contacts/leads and must therefore base his Insider reports on "What If's" along with potential scenarios. This was so nauseating that I changed the channel and didn't hear him mention Gainey's name but the possibility of Gainey jumping ship to Toronto is just from way out in left field. Gainey is a Habs legend who played for and captained the Habs, brought the organization back from the dead and is just now seeing the results of his diligent work, just got his number retired, proclaimed his love for the city and has convinced all but one of his children to move to Montreal, has a charity foundation running in Montreal, has full control over all hockey operations (no MLSE headaches), is under contract for a couple more years, and is about to enter the historic franchise's Centennial anniversary season. Assinine report by Dreger. TSN should be ashamed.

TSN should think long and hard about cutting Dreger loose because he is piss-poor at his job and is just embarrassing Canada's #1 hockey network. LeBrun, Kypreos, and even Millard from Sportsnet are all better than Dreger. Anyone that's ever appeared on HNIC's Hot Stove are better than Dreger and at least bring something to the table (even if they might be a hack like Strachan). The Godfather of hockey insiders, Bob MacKenzie, must just shake his head when he hears his colleague Dreger jabber away with nothing but pointless drivel.
thanks... I thought I was alone.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Brass

Never I will cheer those Losers cmon Habs fans!

Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
not quite..

Leafs 1st rounder in 2008 just to talk to him

Leaf 1st rounder in 2009 is he signs

Habs have the right to match any offer before he actually signs.

Even GOD himself would not know how to fix that team!!!

Gainey is about to reep the fruits of his labor.... he's not going anywhere folks!

Sadly, when the Leafs win the cup.... gas will be $40/liter and the ice caps will have melted due to global warming.
Let Him Talk... omg even Bob will ask Boivin and Gillette to allow him to say no... I mean a 1st rounder c'mon!

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 01:25 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Don't forget, Toronto would never allow Gainey to make decisions like he did with Cristobal Huet. Huet would have been signed to a six year deal worth $6M average a year.
You forgot the NTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
They were smart to get rid of Domi...get rid of all of the trash. Why TSN thinks Dreger has any inside info is beside me?

He is a reporter wanting to be an insider.

They want our GM who is under contract...gonna cost you your 1st rounder this year if you want him.

Think Leafs go for that?
Does Toronto still have a 2008 first rounder? I'd have thought they'd have traded it for Emery or Labarbera by now

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 02:09 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

I just listened to Dreger's pod-cast..

Needless to say after he mentioned Bob Gainey's name I began to feel dirty. Yuck.

Old
03-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Lone Rogue

People are certainly overreacting to this. Just read the Dave Hodge quote and you pretty much have the situation.

If people were lining up to take the Leafs job, they wouldn't have went with Cliff Fletcher. Fletcher was a last case scenario.

The GM job they are offering is supposed to include the President role as well, but the President role was killed by Richard Peddie and really has no power. Ken Dryden was President of the Toronto Maple Leafs but was powerless in what to do with Pat Quinn. Quinn got to appoint himself as GM.

Think about Ferguson for a second. The Leafs were doing great when they wanted to find someone to replace Quinn in the GM position. What did they get? St. Louis' Assistant GM. Nice lineup.

Until Richard Peddie and MLSE agrees to release power and simply evaluates year by year on the Leafs progress, there will never be a lineup. If that happens? Yeah, I could see countless high profile names willing to leave their current positions to make huge money on the Leafs. Gainey? No. Burke? No. Holland? Doubtful, but possible if he wanted the challenge.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 02:33 PM
24Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
Good points, but I think you meant Larry Tanenbaum, not Stavros. Steve Stavros TML suffering ended some time ago when he passed away.
No I meant Stavros and I know he passed away, although both JFJ and Quinn once reported to him. I was alluding to the cultural continuity of GMs having to play the puppet to armchair GM bosses (Stavros and then Peddie -- Tannenbaum just adds another higher layer of meddling Leaf GMs have to worry about).

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote