HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Anaheim 3, Calgary 1

View Poll Results: Who was tonight's MVP?
Curtis Joseph 3 13.04%
Dion Phaneuf 16 69.57%
Matthew Lombardi 0 0%
Adrian Aucoin 0 0%
Owen Nolan 0 0%
Jim Vandermeer 0 0%
Other - please specify 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
PGT: Anaheim 3, Calgary 1

All post-games talk, discussions and stats go here.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 11:58 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

Great game by the Flames tonight, if we play like this every game we'll win 8/10 of those games. Unfortunately we didn't get any help from our friend the post, for the second straight game now. We deserved to win this game.. Ducks are quite the lucky team since the last playoffs, but I guess you have to be good to be lucky.

We'll win the next game vs. Phoenix if we play with the same intensity as tonight. GFG.

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:01 AM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneufed View Post
Great game by the Flames tonight, if we play like this every game we'll win 8/10 of those games. Unfortunately we didn't get any help from our friend the post, for the second straight game now. We deserved to win this game.. Ducks are quite the lucky team since the last playoffs, but I guess you have to be good to be lucky.

We'll win the next game vs. Phoenix if we play with the same intensity as tonight. GFG.
They were fortunate to win tonight, but Id hardly call them lucky since the playoffs. Not really sure what that means.

Static is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:06 AM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
They were fortunate to win tonight, but Id hardly call them lucky since the playoffs. Not really sure what that means.
No a lot of breaks have gone the Ducks way since the Wings series, not saying the Ducks aren't good, they are the best team in the league (in my opinion), it's just that they've gotten more breaks than other teams from what I can remember.

Old
03-01-2008, 12:09 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Happy with the effort tonight especially with the team battling the flu. Couple unlucky bounces in the third and we just couldn't get it tied up. Phaneuf had a great game (bs penalty call at the end btw), Vandermeer, Jospeh, Conroy and Iggy were good too. Huselius really needs to wake up and get going. Need a much better effort from him for the rest of the season.

If we can give the same kind of effort tomorrow night we should be able to get the two points from Phoenix.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:11 AM
Hyde

I thought that the Flames were the better team, but with some bad penalties, some bad officiating, and some bad luck and there is the Ducks win, not because they were the better team, honestly the 3-1 score flattered them.

MVP: Dion, he was great tonight.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Danny__K

vCash: 50
Great game for the Flames tonight,

Man i can't imagine a 7 game series vs these guys, would be a all out brawl, classic.

Kipper vs Giggy
Neidermayer vs Phaneuf
Iginla vs Selanne

Props to Vandermeer for holding his own vs Parrot.

Danny__K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Beetmaster General

Send a message via AIM to Beetmaster General
i managed to catch the last half and i would say we played great, but we didnt seem to have an answer for the ducks standing up at the blueline in the third.. and i cant be the only one who holds their breath during the first minute hoping we dont get scored on..

Beetmaster General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:38 AM
Mooseduck

I was a bit surprised that the Flames tried to give Kipper the hook so early in the game. That can't be good for his spirit going into a playoff push. Has he been overworked this season or does the coaching staff has doubts about his play?

Just wondering, he seemed ok except for the two bombs by the Ducks D-Men Snieds and Nieds. Otherwise good game by Flames. Ducks were flat in the 2nd, but played well considering no head coach, Pronger, Bertuzzi, Weight, Marchant and others.

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:40 AM
KiwiFlamesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny__K View Post
Man i can't imagine a 7 game series vs these guys, would be a all out brawl, classic.
That would be fun to watch, I don't think we would win but still the way the games have been when we've played them this season, there would be lots of bad blood through seven games!

Sucks that we lost but it's good to hear the effort was there, just wern't the lucky team tonight

KiwiFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:42 AM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseduck View Post
I was a bit surprised that the Flames tried to give Kipper the hook so early in the game. That can't be good for his spirit going into a playoff push. Has he been overworked this season or does the coaching staff has doubts about his play?

Just wondering, he seemed ok except for the two bombs by the Ducks D-Men Snieds and Nieds. Otherwise good game by Flames. Ducks were flat in the 2nd, but played well considering no head coach, Pronger, Bertuzzi, Weight, Marchant and others.
Kipper has the Flu, that was why Keenan decided to take him out of the game. One can only assume that both thought he would feel okay, and that was why he got the start. Not only does Kipper have the Flu, but so does Sarich and Primeau who also were playing tonight.

Old
03-01-2008, 12:46 AM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGY_CBJ_MAF_30 View Post
That would be fun to watch, I don't think we would win but still the way the games have been when we've played them this season, there would be lots of bad blood through seven games!

Sucks that we lost but it's good to hear the effort was there, just wern't the lucky team tonight
I think the Flames are one the only team in the West that could win against the Ducks in the playoffs.

Old
03-01-2008, 01:45 AM
KiwiFlamesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
I think the Flames are one the only team in the West that could win against the Ducks in the playoffs.
Although I'd love to agree with you. I just don't thinks the Flames could do it. Based on the regular season series (Ducks won it 3-1 I think?) and there's also the fact that they beat us in 06. Now it could be said that the Flames would have the upper hand using that as motivation, but I believe it would be Anaheim with the advantage knowing they have done it before, can do it again and have what it takes.

Not trying to start an argument, just giving my opinion as you gave yours

Old
03-01-2008, 01:53 AM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

Quote:
Dallas, Detroit, Calgary, Minnesota and Colorado.

These are the top 5 teams that can beat them in my opinion.*

*I'm not saying these are the top 5 contenders after Anaheim, i'm saying that these are teams that can beat Anaheim.

Old
03-01-2008, 02:05 AM
VelvetJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneufed View Post
Dallas, Detroit, Calgary, Minnesota and Colorado.

These are the top 5 teams that can beat them in my opinion.*

*I'm not saying these are the top 5 contenders after Anaheim, i'm saying that these are teams that can beat Anaheim.

I'd give it Minn, and Dallas only. The Flames are loaded with talent, it's just missing something...I dunno what.

Okay remove tanguay and houseman and get two grinders that score. Done you get a cup and I get urination in my back alley. (yes I live just off 17th)

VelvetJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 02:08 AM
Mooseduck

Quote:
Kipper has the Flu, that was why Keenan decided to take him out of the game. One can only assume that both thought he would feel okay, and that was why he got the start. Not only does Kipper have the Flu, but so does Sarich and Primeau who also were playing tonight.

That makes sense. The Ducks were hit with that Flu during their roadtrip through New York. Sounds like Randy Carlysle had it tonight.

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 05:06 AM
Snoil11

Flames played a great game in the last two periods, but unfortunately they wholly missed the first one.
Phaneuf was awesome last night. He was all over th ice, started play, jumped in plays, was defesnively responsible and challenged the Ducks more than once. His breakaway in the third was a beauty and as I said in the GDT, he would have deserved to score on that one. Despite his nine PIMs (I don't bother about the last one) he logged about 25 minutes of ice-time, which shows that he took almost every single shift and played almost all the time on the PP.
HM go to Vandermeer, who led all players in ice-time with 27 minutes, although he didn't get PP-ice-time and spent five minutes in the penalty-box. He looked pretty well out there and so far I cannot agree with the Flyers' fans, who assessed, that he isn't capable to play top-line minutes.
Huselius on the other hand seems to be jinxed. Whatever he does, it is the wrong decision right now. I really hope, that he can somehow end his current slump, cause the Flames need him badly. It's not that he doesn't show up and I think his effort is ok, but he goes through a prelonged phase of bad luck.

Old
03-01-2008, 07:31 AM
Badger Bob

Request: from now on, would it be possible to not place the scores in post-game threads to prevent spoilers? Some of us prefer to DVR the games to watch later.

Badger Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Danny__K

vCash: 50
ummmm why would you come to a Flames forum after the game and not expect to find talk about the game?

Danny__K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny__K View Post
ummmm why would you come to a Flames forum after the game and not expect to find talk about the game?
The thread with the latest post bumps that thread on the main page and the score appeared in the thread title. Make sense?

Old
03-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Snoil11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob View Post
Request: from now on, would it be possible to not place the scores in post-game threads to prevent spoilers? Some of us prefer to DVR the games to watch later.
Yes, I'll try to consider that from now on.

Old
03-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Badger Bob

Thanks, Snoil. I was kind of looking forward to watching it after lunch. After surmising that it was another lackluster performance against the Ducks, based on the final score, it sort of took away the urge.

Old
03-01-2008, 05:26 PM
KiwiFlamesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob View Post
Thanks, Snoil. I was kind of looking forward to watching it after lunch. After surmising that it was another lackluster performance against the Ducks, based on the final score, it sort of took away the urge.
Hey, at least you get to watch games