Notices

Russia offense past Ovie/Geno

Old
01-18-2017, 01:33 PM
ViD
#CBJNeedHugs

vCash: 500
Russia offense past Ovie/Geno

As sad as it is, out two biggest stars are past 30 years and while they still have a few years of elite hockey left in them, what would our team offense look like in the future ?

Panarin
A.Svechnikov
Tarasenko
Kaprizov
Kuznetsov
Kucherov
Buchnevich
Guryanov

Who else would you add to the list of the best ?

ViD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2017, 01:55 PM
Anthony5967

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
As sad as it is, out two biggest stars are past 30 years and while they still have a few years of elite hockey left in them, what would our team offense look like in the future ?

Panarin
A.Svechnikov
Tarasenko
Kaprizov
Kuznetsov
Kucherov
Buchnevich
Guryanov

Buchnevich was a steal in that 2013 draft

Anthony5967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2017, 02:43 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post

Panarin
A.Svechnikov
Tarasenko
Kaprizov
Kuznetsov
Kucherov
Buchnevich
Guryanov

Scratch Guryanov from that list.

And btw it doesn't look half bad.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2017, 06:24 PM
Yakushev72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Scratch Guryanov from that list.

And btw it doesn't look half bad.
Guryanov was silent in the preliminary round, but I thought he showed a lot of speed and power in the Semifinals and the Bronze Medal game. He made tough plays when the team needed someone to step up. It changed my attitude toward him in a positive way.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2017, 07:48 PM
Fantomas

I think, as some others have said, Guryanov looks like he can be a Chris Kreider-level player if continues developing well. Although I have said negative things about him before, I am very impressed by his recent WJC and AHL-level play. He looks like an NHLer to me, although I doubt he will be a first liner.

I would add Nikita Gusev to this list, because I think he will be great in the NHL. And because you have Svechnikov on your list already, you could also consider another 00-born forward Alexander Khovanov. But these guys are just 16. Who knows what will happen.

I am a little bit concerned about our centers. When Malkin exits we might be exposed. So I am hoping that Svechnikov switches back to the pivot. And there are a few candidates to develop into solid players: Vorobiev, Namestnikov, Kamenev.

I am disappointed that Kamenev has plateaued offensively this year. Was counting on a breakthrough season. Oh well. He's still just 20.

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2017, 02:22 AM
Pavel Buchnevich
AV AND GORTON OUT

Best 25 and under Russian team, including the very best KHL youngsters and NHL players.

Panarin-Kuznetsov-Tarasenko
Gusev-Kamenev-Kucherov
Kaprizov-Grigorenko-Buchnevich
Lyubimov-Namestnikov-Nichushkin
Kalinin-Tkachyov-Yakupov
Slepyshev-Soshnikov-Scherbak
Burmistrov

Then you have others like

Denisenko, Khovanov, Svechnikov, Guryanov, Polunin, Vorobyov, Barbashev, Goldobin, Rubtsov, Shvyryov, Golyshev, Tkachyov, Shalunov, Shenfeld, Barabanov

So I think the conclusion is that the wingers are still very good, but there's a lack of good centers.

Pavel Buchnevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2017, 08:04 AM
MaxV

Forward unit has always been a strength and I think it'll remain that way. Russia has really turned on their goalie development also.

Now defense...

MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2017, 08:13 AM
MaxV

Kamenev is having a solid season, took a step forward. Next year is the year for him to be NHLer. Definitely one of our top young centers.

There is PLENTY of talent at center also, as a matter of fact I've noticed a nice spike in number of 2-way centers in the last few draft generations. And this upcoming draft might be best yet with Lipanov, Chekhovich, Koltygin, Mizyurin, Shvyryov, Kozlov and Ivanov.

Old
01-19-2017, 09:13 AM
Fantomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
Grigorenko...Yakupov

Old
01-19-2017, 09:44 AM
ViD
#CBJNeedHugs

Speaking of centers, Trenin pleasantly surprised me this WJHC. He was winning face offs at a very high percentage, very rare for a Russian center, although it's understandable given he spent last few years in NA

ViD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2017, 09:54 AM
MaxV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
Don't give up on Grigorenko yet. I think the light will go off in a year or 2. He is still pretty young, same age as Barabanov.

It's just such a terrible situation in Colorado, difficult for a young player to excel.

Old
01-19-2017, 10:11 AM
Caser
@RUSProspects

I'd add Korshkov into discussion... also possibly Barbashev. Btw, I really liked Svetlakov this season, could become a perfect 4-th line/PK center for the NT one day.

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2017, 11:18 AM
Yakushev72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
I'd add Korshkov into discussion... also possibly Barbashev. Btw, I really liked Svetlakov this season, could become a perfect 4-th line/PK center for the NT one day.
If you look beyond Russia, no other countries are exactly mass-producing hockey legends, either. Off the top of my head, in the last 10 years, I can only think of Stamkos (who is almost always unavailable because of injury) and McDavid as genuine superstars for Canada. The USA has Matthews, but no other generational talents that come to mind. Russia should match up well with anyone in the future.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2017, 12:04 PM
Pavel Buchnevich
AV AND GORTON OUT

Lipanov is another option.

Pavel Buchnevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2017, 02:24 PM
Fantomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
Korshkov is going to be a beauty. There was a lot of hype about him after a WJC tournament, and now he is hurt and everyone's forgotten about him again.

Old
01-19-2017, 02:30 PM
Fantomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Don't give up on Grigorenko yet. I think the light will go off in a year or 2. He is still pretty young, same age as Barabanov.

It's just such a terrible situation in Colorado, difficult for a young player to excel.
About the only thing I like about him is the improving faceoff percentage.

Old
02-25-2017, 12:59 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Im not sad about OV, he is great but he has modified his game so the skill element is barely existent anymore. Chips and floats waiting for the big shot, but its what he needs to do to keep putting up big goal totals. He even uses a curve so big he couldnt stickhandle if he wanted too.

The guy who I think is your new classic Russian star is Kuznetsov. He plays the game referred by coaches as too "cute" but is it ever fun to watch. Passing, stick handling creativity, shooting and skating are off the charts. He is the definition of elite Russian player. Match him up with Tarasenko and Panarin, like in the world juniors, you will have one of the most exciting lines you will watch. His goals totals will never be high but who cares, he is as entertaining as a player can be.

He was matched against McDavid yesterday and outplayed him, even picked his pocket a few times. You could see they were trying to one-up eachother. Not saying Kuzy is better but yesterday he sure was, his skill was shining brighter and they were matched against eachother the entire game. One of Kuzys best games of the year by far BTW.

To sum: Kuzy is your new star, will never have the numbers of an OV but will bring more excitement than any other guy with such elite, sheer skill and hockey sense.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote