HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT:Preds Vs Stars: Avoid Embarassment Edition:

Old
03-02-2008, 01:18 AM
Nitrous Mafia

vCash: 500
Edward Jones = mapco? Wow, my beer money is going to the right place then.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 01:24 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by bburton86 View Post
Edward Jones = mapco? Wow, my beer money is going to the right place then.
No, they are separate entities and two separate newer corporate sponsors of the Predators. MapCo was announced as a new corporate sponsor during one of last week's home games. I noticed Edward Jones tonight, although 101st over at NP.com says that they've been around for about a month or so.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 07:53 AM
RollingPredFan

Gotta say I was suprised, I didn't think we'd win last night. But it was a huge 2 points. We're still in 9th though.

I think its time to ride Ellis. Say what you will, I know the defense has played lousy in front of Mason and Ellis is far from perfect. But they guy has been better than Mason and thats that. Ellis is 16-6-2 and Mason is still under .500, Ellis has a much better SV% and GAA.

If the playoffs started today, I'd want Ellis in net.

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 10:53 AM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPredFan View Post
Gotta say I was suprised, I didn't think we'd win last night. But it was a huge 2 points. We're still in 9th though.

I think its time to ride Ellis. Say what you will, I know the defense has played lousy in front of Mason and Ellis is far from perfect. But they guy has been better than Mason and thats that. Ellis is 16-6-2 and Mason is still under .500, Ellis has a much better SV% and GAA.

If the playoffs started today, I'd want Ellis in net.
first, let me say I agree that Ellis gets the next start instead of the rotation... but... what if Ellis gives up 4 to the Oil (like he did in his last start against them) and we lose and effectively negate the huge win last night... do you still start him again vs vancouver, who mason played well against recently? What if then Mason stands tall and beats vancouver in what would then be another huge game... what will that do for the "Ellis is #1" talk?

It is a human trait to place so much more imporatance on an emotional, unexpected victory. But the fact is this is the first 'good' game ellis has played since the OT win against StLouis two weeks ago. We are just so starved for a good game that it looks like the issue is settled for good but in fact it could turn around again with one bad game.

that said, i hope Ellis gets on a huge roll and we dont have to have this discussion again this season... but I think thats not likely to happen.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 12:31 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Awesome, my reverse psychology worked!

Great game, did everything right where we did it wrong against Buffalo. Our PP even looked pretty good, with Turco making some big saves.

Ellis had a Hasek-esque game out there--a lot of ugly pinball scrambles, flailing around in the crease--but he got the job done.

I'm sure we missed Zanon's shot-blocking--but Koistinen is so much more positionally sound.

Killing off the 5 on 3 was probably the turning point of the game.

I see what TB fans meant about Hlavac...he gets chances, he puts himself in the position to score...and then misses the open net or whiffs on the shot. He had about 2..maybe 3...sure goals that the shot went wide or high.

The ELH line was pretty solid all night, though. Until the third period, the RAD line was a little quiet. Radulov in a mini-slump at the moment.

Stinks that the next 4 games aren't televised--Pete explained that it's because of the SEC Women's tournament. Nice thing to get pre-empted for.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
If anyone can explain this team to me, do it.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 02:00 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post
If anyone can explain this team to me, do it.
they are the smart kid with ADD.

get them to focus and they do just fine... but after a while they wander off and think they are the old run-and-gun team that they were when they had kariya and sully and start getting spanked 8-4 and 6-3.

Just a shame they had to have 3 or 4 bad games in a row before they got back on task. hopefully this triggers another run like we had at the beginning of january.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 05:40 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
they are the smart kid with ADD.
more like the slow kid that doesn't know he can't do something. they go out and suprise everyone because we underestimate.

DING FRIES ARE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 12:58 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Good job to get the win. I was worried going in, and thought maybe if they could hang in at the end they might could pull it out. But they didn't need to hang in, they just went in and took the W!

On Tootoo's goal I think it was Tootoo that actually caused the turnover. It looked like he got either his leg or stick in the way of the pass and it went right to Fiddler, who put a great pass to Tootoo, who noone bothered to cover. Yea for the Tootoo gamewinner!

Great job by Ellis. We needed one to have a good game and hopefully this can propel BOTH back to the way they were playing in January.

Nice goal by Legwand. It looked like it sort of rolled a little on him and that split second wait may have disrupted Turco and let him get a better shot off that looked like it could have gone all the way through the net.

And great goal by Dumont (On the Fly #5 play of the night!). I too, was about to yell at Arnott for waiting so long but then there was Dumont to put it in the perfect spot for the goal.

It's a good thing Suter is "beautiful" because that fight was ugly. But good to see someone else besides Hordi/Toots/Weber stand up for the team.

Even though we didn't get any PPG's (and allowed a few too many SH chances) I liked the PP. The Stars were #1 on PK and we were able to get 7 shots and some good chances. But also a great PK job! 26-26 all year vs Dallas!

And we took the series vs Dallas 3-1!

Last edited by sparkle twin: 03-04-2008 at 01:48 AM. Reason: 26-26, I sold them short!!
sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 06:44 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Nice goal by Legwand. It looked like it sort of rolled a little on him and that split second wait may have disrupted Turco and let him get a better shot off that looked like it could have gone all the way through the net.
The delay also allowed for both Erat and a Dallas defenseman to cross directly in front of Turco providing a beautiful screen for a split second hiding the release of the shot off Legwand's stick.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 06:54 AM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
The delay also allowed for both Erat and a Dallas defenseman to cross directly in front of Turco providing a beautiful screen for a split second hiding the release of the shot off Legwand's stick.
also legwand having to try to settle the puck while driving straight at the net caused him to gain control back behind him, which in turn made turco guess any shot might possibly go back toward his right instead of at the short, near side. you can see turco slow in the middle to play both either instead of pushing all the way to the near post, because the dragging of the puck behind legwand has made him second-guess which way the shot will come.

shots like this, when the player starts the wrister from way back behind him are tricky to read for any goalie..

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 08:25 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

The best part of this game is reading Stars fans comments to the effect of "Nashville D manage to keep them in the game against superior teams"

It also gives me great delight after last game when it was discussed that Tootoo is a no talent hack unlike Stars pests who can agitate and play with skill!

ok, Im through being petty now, seriously though, the low expectations going in to the game really made for a great win.

This win and the rest will hopefully do wonders for the club.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 07:45 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

I love that they want Ellis back.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:35 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
I love that they want Ellis back.
I cant believe they let both Ellis and Smith go.

I guess you have to give to get, but still...reliable goalies dont grow on trees.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote