HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 5

Old
11-08-2016, 01:21 PM
dkollidas

vCash: 500
Question regarding KHL players, particularly Valeri Nichushkin.

If he wanted to come back to NHL after this season, but still has one year remaining on his KHL contract, could the NHL team buy out his last year from KHL team, or could he hypothetically just leave and go re-sign in the NHL? Or would he have to wait until his contract in KHL is finished before he can go back to NHL?

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2016, 01:52 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
Question regarding KHL players, particularly Valeri Nichushkin.

If he wanted to come back to NHL after this season, but still has one year remaining on his KHL contract, could the NHL team buy out his last year from KHL team, or could he hypothetically just leave and go re-sign in the NHL? Or would he have to wait until his contract in KHL is finished before he can go back to NHL?
NHL club can buy out his contract, but NHL club wont do it because NHL HQ does not allow their clubs to buy out euro contracts.

Nichushkin can buy out his contract (and pay 2/3 of remainder of contract to CSKA).

He cannot just leave (look at Sobotka case this offseason).

He can mutually agree with termination of his contract with CSKA, but will CSKA do that?

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2016, 02:10 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
Vorky explain it from bureaucracy point of view but generally, it mostly depends on verbal agreements between CSKA and Nichushkin.

"Here's a statistic, the average person in the world has less than 2 legs. Which is absolutely correct but somewhat misleading."
SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2016, 09:11 AM
Salavat Yulaev

Dmitry Makarov is back to SYu!
Some our fans are sceptic about him cause he is too fat and slow.
But he has good hands and was very usefull the last playoff

Salavat Yulaev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2016, 03:20 PM
SoundAndFury

Artyom Zub, to no one's surprise, is going to SKA because this league is fair like that.

Old
12-02-2016, 03:22 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Artyom Zub, to no one's surprise, is going to SKA because this league is fair like that.
Lets just hope, he does not disappear in the deep team that SKA has. Would be a shame.

12-02-2016, 07:07 AM
SoundAndFury

Nakladal goes to Loko as defensemen is obviously what they need. Man as far as transfers go this season is amazing. It seems like everyone wants to play with 12 defensemen and 6 forwards eventually.

Old
12-02-2016, 02:35 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavat Yulaev View Post
Some our fans are sceptic about him cause he is too fat and slow.
Surely he's a fatso, but he ain't any slow when he wants. He's just your typical Russian lazy boom who can skate at 100 mph when he wants - if only he'd want a little bit more often...

12-02-2016, 02:44 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Nakladal goes to Loko as defensemen is obviously what they need. Man as far as transfers go this season is amazing. It seems like everyone wants to play with 12 defensemen and 6 forwards eventually.
I was just going to note, SKA has about 12 top 4 KHL defenseman now. They are actually making the league worse by taking good players and putting them in the press box. I dont understand why they do this or how they tell their good players who are already not playing that they just signed a new guy.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2016, 11:18 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
how they tell their good players who are already not playing that they just signed a new guy.
I imagine that as long as their wages are bigger than anywhere and they actually can count on money being paid on time keeps them happy.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2016, 02:53 PM
Milos Krasic
Ballin' in Poland

Quote:
Yes, this was my thought as well, though now we see at least Amur got something - Mikhail Tikhonov and Denis Orlovich-Grudkov

Milos Krasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2016, 09:24 AM
SoundAndFury

Riga releasing most expensive foreigners. Basically being a placeholder team for the rest of the season. I wonder if they will offer Indrasis or Darzins to some NLA team too for example.

Old
12-13-2016, 11:13 AM
Rigafan

Quote:
Riga releasing most expensive foreigners. Basically being a placeholder team for the rest of the season. I wonder if they will offer Indrasis or Darzins to some NLA team too for example.
I'm happy about this.. although I have tickets booked for some remaining games. Why waste the money paying them when nothing is possible. Should have released them earlier I feel.

Rigafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2017, 02:29 PM
malkinfan

Guys has anyone heard of anyone making offers to the following NHL free agents?

Tom Fleischmann
Ryan Carter
Brad Boyes
Patrik Elias
Alex Tanguay
Danius Zubrus
David Jones
Mason Raymond

All of these guys still serviceable (most low 30s except Elias) still not signed anywhere, could contribute to KHL nicely. Guys like Raymond and Tanguay IMO would fit perfectly into a scoring role.

Old
01-09-2017, 02:15 AM
SoundAndFury

Zubrus said in the interviews multiple times he isn't going to play to Russia. I'd add Elias and Tanguay to the list as well, not much point for them to do it. Raymond's wife is sick so he didn't want to play in Europe and even if he does, KHL isn't the likeliest option then, all things considered.

Fleischmann and Tlusty are definitely people who should land in the KHL eventually.

Old
02-20-2017, 11:22 AM
Milos Krasic
Ballin' in Poland

I hope Kalinin returns to Avangard when his NHL adventure comes to an end this season.

Old
02-22-2017, 04:21 PM
Milos Krasic
Ballin' in Poland

Neftekhimik will have a vastly different team next year. A lot of the old core is gone.

Old
02-24-2017, 11:00 AM
Rigafan

Dear Dinamo Riga,

If you are going to continue to recruit 3rd line AHL talent next season, please don't bother and save the money instead.

I'd like to see us 1. appoint Sandis as Head Coach, Sejejs has no idea what hes doing. 2. Sign some GOOD imports. Make the local players know they have competition for a change

Old
02-24-2017, 09:23 PM
habsturies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigafan View Post
Dear Dinamo Riga,

If you are going to continue to recruit 3rd line AHL talent next season, please don't bother and save the money instead.

I'd like to see us 1. appoint Sandis as Head Coach, Sejejs has no idea what hes doing. 2. Sign some GOOD imports. Make the local players know they have competition for a change
I wish I'm wrong,but i don't see too much future/interest of the owners in this club.Great fan base,spectacular arena and poor ,very poor management.

habsturies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2017, 12:43 PM
SoundAndFury

It was actually quite spectacular to see how much better Riga was doing after all star break with Balinskis, Jelisejevs, etc. in the line up over Shugg and Mullen. I'd keep Dinamo as a Latvian Kuznya for the time being if somebody gave them enough money for travel expenses. So I am actually against imports. Why waste money on a clearly non-competitive team? Unless somebody wants a chance in the KHL for less money.

Also, did Sandis, at any point, express interest in coaching? He doesn't exactly look like the type who would enjoy that.

Old
02-27-2017, 01:36 PM
Rigafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsturies View Post
I wish I'm wrong,but i don't see too much future/interest of the owners in this club.Great fan base,spectacular arena and poor ,very poor management.
Juris - Owner - was at the final game. He seemed happy enough. But I guess he's making his money so why wouldn't he be!

Quote:
It was actually quite spectacular to see how much better Riga was doing after all star break with Balinskis, Jelisejevs, etc. in the line up over Shugg and Mullen. I'd keep Dinamo as a Latvian Kuznya for the time being if somebody gave them enough money for travel expenses. So I am actually against imports. Why waste money on a clearly non-competitive team? Unless somebody wants a chance in the KHL for less money.

Also, did Sandis, at any point, express interest in coaching? He doesn't exactly look like the type who would enjoy that.
I am also very much for a Latvian team, but if we are going to sign imports then we need to make them worth the while. Players like Shugg and Mullen were a totally waste of money!

Old
03-25-2017, 12:01 PM
malkinfan

So Nik Belov wants to try to sign in the NHL, will have to wait to see if there is enough interest to earn more than a PTO.

Also Kareyev back to Novoluznetsk, Naz says psychologically unstable?

Grigo to Avto

Old
03-26-2017, 09:34 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Also Kareyev back to Novoluznetsk, Naz says psychologically unstable?
Takes one to know one I guess

Old
04-04-2017, 04:31 PM
hansomreiste

Well it already has been a while but I didn't see anyone who wrote about it: Skabelka to coach Avangard from this season on. Now I'm starting to get a little hopeful for a Gagarin Cup. I like this dude way more than Kanareikin. Many pieces are still contracted for 2017/18 season as well, so while I don't know if the club will have much money to spend next season, I assume we will not see a terrible downgrade at least. He has such a long time to create and prepare the team.

hansomreiste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2017, 09:06 AM
SoundAndFury

In somewhat big news, Marek Kvapil is coming back to the KHL to play for Amur. On one hand, I'm really happy one of the best and flashiest scorers in Europe is back to the league. On the other, considering it's Amur, I can't help but feel he deserved better.