HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How long until Kings' next playoff run?

Old
02-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 460
Next year is way too early 2-3-4 years is far more realistics

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 04:30 PM
LAX attack*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
we could fight for a playoff spot next year, but probably lose

however, we dont really have anything to gain by tanking again, and we have everything to gain by teaching the young Kings how to win, how to fight for contention, and hunger for victory

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 07:29 PM
kingfansince1967

What is this about the Kings not being a contender next year? Here in Montreal, not only the Habs are serious contenders this year but at the beginning of the season nobody, literally nobody in the media had predicted them making the playoffs. And look where they are now... IMO the Kings can be good contenders next year and the year after. Don't wait for a "savior", hockey is a team sport and the Kings have the ingredients for the next 5 years and that can possibly include Cloutier. This "new hockey" is more exciting than ever and with the salary cap there is no excuse to be out of the "big picture" once the puck is on the ice and the season begins.

By the way, I was at the Bell Center yesterday and the Pens -without Crosby- were more than impressive. Problems in the net, but they know how to lift their game at the next level when needed. Look out for this team once the playoffs set in!

Go Kings Go! (in 2008-2009 that is...)

"Salut" from the cold...

kingfansince1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 11:23 PM
yankeeking

[QUOTE=kingfansince1967;12667301]What is this about the Kings not being a contender next year? Here in Montreal, not only the Habs are serious contenders this year but at the beginning of the season nobody, literally nobody in the media had predicted them making the playoffs. And look where they are now... IMO the Kings can be good contenders next year and the year after. Don't wait for a "savior", hockey is a team sport and the Kings have the ingredients for the next 5 years and that can possibly include Cloutier. This "new hockey" is more exciting than ever and with the salary cap there is no excuse to be out of the "big picture" once the puck is on the ice and the season begins.

By the way, I was at the Bell Center yesterday and the Pens -without Crosby- were more than impressive. Problems in the net, but they know how to lift their game at the next level when needed. Look out for this team once the playoffs set in!

Go Kings Go! (in 2008-2009 that is...)
Thanks for the uplifting post sometimes we havw a negative spin on things....this is truly a team sport and if we could get a true shutdown d-man or two we will compete sooner than later....in a perfect world our kids show just how good they are after the deadline and we sign one d-man this summer, maybe someone like jackman who throws his body around and already seem to dislike the ducks( I'm watching the ducks and st. louis as I write this)and maybe piskula /hersley or petoit will be ready

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 11:44 AM
AC Red Devil

i agree with most of you. i would like them to be in the playoffs next year but if they don't get a good solid goaltender they won't make it next year. but they won't be in last place either. i will say in two years the kings will be a threat in the western conference. their youth is so amazing i can't wait till the future. they will be a good team for years to come just wait.

AC Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 11:56 AM
King Blazer

With the Kings being so far out of contention for so long it's likely that a lot of their opponents have been looking past them for sometime now. The Kings players have basically been playing for pride for 2+ seasons now and counting. I think they'll find their way out of the basement next season but probably not by much. There remains the possibility of quite a bit of roster turnover next season and hopefully less the following season.

Two seasons to make it into the playoffs...

Three seasons is my answer to the "playoff run" question...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 12:04 PM
lumbergh

Who knows? Hope springs eternal, so I'm going with next season.

lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Until Crawford is fired, the Kings will not be anywhere near the playoffs. No defensive system = no playoffs.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 03:11 PM
lakings41

I can probably post this in fifty threads here. But I thought it would fit nice here. Strachan is a dip **** but he's got a serious point here. Our rebuild better start ending fast.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/7...on-picks-alone

lakings41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 03:33 PM
SLang

Better question is when they will challenge for a cup. If they're 2-3 years out on just getting into the playoffs, they're in trouble.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 03:43 PM
azkingfan

If they stay healthy and can have an average middle of the pack penalty kill, they should be fighting for the 8th spot next year. Seeing this young team come from behind three times in games they were completly out played has given me hope for next year.

azkingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Kopi The King
It's baaaaaack!!!

Who knows.....5, 6 years ago it was said we would be competing for a championship by now.

NOW.... it will be about another 5 or 6 years from now. Then those 5 or 6 years will come and they will say the samething then, so who knows....

Kopi The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 08:17 PM
xZOMBIExNIGHTMAREx

Send a message via Yahoo to xZOMBIExNIGHTMAREx
if they dont do something soon the team should just fold. its like the ownership doesnt even care. they think we will watch whatever team they field just cuz it says kings on the sweater.

xZOMBIExNIGHTMAREx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 09:05 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Next season with the right roster...

The needs...
Defensive defensemen
Enforcers (or at least a few more physical players)
Goalie capable of stopping anything smaller than the Blue Line
#2 center

Also if we send Beachball one way to Siberia...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Playoffs?! What's that?

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Zad
HFB Partner