HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean Avery Good As Gone?

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Congrats! BTW, nice to see two of your personal faves - Dawes and Dubi - being key contributors this season! Things are looking up organization-wise, wouldn't you say?
I've also felt this would be the real tell-tale year for our prospects (I know some felt strongly that it was last year) and I'm happy with what I see. I'm not as concerned with lack of AHL scoring as some people, I think these kids are learning to really play a team game and that gaudy minor league numbers are a trade off.

There are still some holes to fill, namely a winger with size who can score and more grit on the blue line, but I like what they have right now. To me a real key will be the progress of a kid like Sanguinetti. If he developes, he'll be exactly what the team needs. I am also interested to see how the team handles Jagr, Shanahan and Straka this offseason.

Old
02-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Celestial Black

I'm thinking Avery will sign for at least 2 more years. We will all find out soon enough.

Old
02-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newburgh View Post
I'm curious....just how likely is it that Avery will not re sign after the season?
I heard that because of the arbitration in the off season Avery is likely to be extremly difficult to retain...and holds a grudge on Sather much like Leetch did after he was traded.I can't think of the Rangers without Avery...the wins speak for themselves don't they?
I think that perception is not accurate.

Sather and Avery have the same fiesty personality to some degree. As far as I know Avery is in discussons with Slats sans agent. If they are talking one on one things can't be that bad.

Old
02-24-2008, 10:44 PM
mstraka82

Aves aint going anywhere, if he leaves he knows he would have done the dumbest thing, and i dont know about you guys, but i like his sarcastic self it works

Old
02-25-2008, 04:46 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I've also felt this would be the real tell-tale year for our prospects (I know some felt strongly that it was last year) and I'm happy with what I see. I'm not as concerned with lack of AHL scoring as some people, I think these kids are learning to really play a team game and that gaudy minor league numbers are a trade off.

There are still some holes to fill, namely a winger with size who can score and more grit on the blue line, but I like what they have right now. To me a real key will be the progress of a kid like Sanguinetti. If he developes, he'll be exactly what the team needs. I am also interested to see how the team handles Jagr, Shanahan and Straka this offseason.
Jessiman. Ugh! He is that hole.

Old
02-25-2008, 08:55 AM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
When did Avery start his talking-to-thep-press embargo?

Old
02-25-2008, 10:27 AM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
Is Avery's father Don Zimmer?

Old
02-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

After the way Avery has played over the last few weeks I'd be surprised if he's not back next season and beyond. When healthy he definitely has a positive effect on this club with his hard work in the corners, his skating ability and his desire to do anything to win a game.

Old
02-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

I hope that the Org see's Avery in the same light as the majority of the Rangers fans do. To me, his worth is immeasurable to this club. I hope they lock him up for a minimum of at least three more years. I love having this guy here. He the charachter the team has lacked for quite sometime!

Old
03-05-2008, 10:41 PM
mucker*

What about the article the other day on how Avery will test FA?

Old
03-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Elite Swede

I think Avery doesnt care what any of you think...and would bring the same bad attitude/love him hate him/offensive sparkplug to any other large market team.

Prediction:
Avery signs with Philadelphia and laughs at all the fans who bought a rangers avery jersey because he finds it funny.

My opinion.

Old
03-06-2008, 03:09 AM
redfzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Swede View Post
I think Avery doesnt care what any of you think...and would bring the same bad attitude/love him hate him/offensive sparkplug to any other large market team.

Prediction:
Avery signs with Philadelphia and laughs at all the fans who bought a rangers avery jersey because he finds it funny.

My opinion.

Sounds like Avery.

Old
03-06-2008, 03:28 AM
Barnaby

He's playing well right now... The more I learn about his personality though, the more I dislike him. His 'being a rebel' was funny, but it's beginning to get obnoxious. As a fan, I can take it - but as a teammate I could see the act getting old at some point. For this reason, I would hesitate offering more than a two year deal. I xould probably be pushed to three, but no way I lock this guy in for four years.

He's one of my favorite Rangers to watch, but he's just too arrogant to fans and media for my taste. He is NO Matt Barnaby. A jerk on the ice, but a gentleman off of it.

Old
03-06-2008, 04:46 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:

Prediction:

My opinion.
Have you seen the Flyers salary cap commitments for next season?$51 million.The Flyers have bigger issues to worry about such as a potential offer sheet being thrown at Jeff Carter and re-signing RJ Umberger.

Old
03-06-2008, 04:51 AM
Chimp

I would love to have Avery on the team, but there are limits how much a semiskilled agitator is worth. With all the kids banging on the door wanting to get a regular sport on the team, he is expendable.

Tucker money, $3 million, or $3.5 at absolute tops. Other than that he can walk. If he wants a Hartnell contract, so be it. It all comes down to how much sacrifice Avery is willing to give to play in New York.

Old
03-06-2008, 05:51 AM
bleedrngrblue

I like Avery on this team....I think he's a good fit, but I won't shed a tear if his greed button sends him elsewhere! I don't want to see players winning the lottery here anymore! The days of ridiculously large, leaguewide scoffing at Ranger contracts hopefully ended with the Holik Contract! WHich was a huge miscalculation on the Rangers part!

Old
03-06-2008, 06:04 AM
blue425

I hope he stays as much as anyone else. The Rangers record with him in the line up is ridiculous.

That being said what's the most we give him? Is it true he asked for 4.5? I wouldn't keep him here for that. He probably wants 3.5 and figured let me shoot high so Sather comes down to what I want.

Hope he stays.

Old
03-06-2008, 06:16 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Prediction:

My opinion.
Yeah, and there's nothing as exciting as visiting The Liberty Bell for nightlife.

Old
03-06-2008, 08:18 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Please use this Avery thread:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=486827