Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia

What if...

Old
03-04-2008, 11:00 PM
ViD
Arty vs Nash 22:25

vCash: 520
What if...

...Ovechkin, Malkin, and Kovalchuk played in the RSL this season, how many points would they score? I saw the stats and was more than impressed by 37 goals of Mozyakin...This just seems like 60 in the NHL...

ViD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 08:18 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
...Ovechkin, Malkin, and Kovalchuk played in the RSL this season, how many points would they score? I saw the stats and was more than impressed by 37 goals of Mozyakin...This just seems like 60 in the NHL...
Too much

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Well, it depends on if they players in RSL are on the same level as the ones in the NHL.

If the RSL doesn't have any superstar goalies then it's easy to say that AO, Malkin, and Kovalchuk could put up 5 points a night.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 12:59 AM
ViD
Arty vs Nash 22:25

vCash: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
If the RSL doesn't have any superstar goalies then it's easy to say that AO, Malkin, and Kovalchuk could put up 5 points a night.
recall 2004-2005 season, all of them played and plenty of other stars but I dont remember huge records, especially 37 goals per season...

but Ovechkin, Malkin, and Kovalchuk look great this season and it is just interesting how they would play with the RSL style of the game and size of the rinks...

ViD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 06:05 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
The higher the level of competition the more it raises the quality of the performance. In Russia they can sleep walk trough 3/4 of the games easy. In the NHL, every game is a battle, and don't matter who you are Kovalchuk or Brasheare u better come ready.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Pushkin*

Ovechkin 54 goals now, in a league where goalies are "better" mostly because of their stupid big equipment. Ovechkin in the 80's would have scored 100goals on those brown pads and brown gloves goalies! Imagine him coming down the wing on Mike Liut...As for Mozyakin 37 goals is great but I'd like too see him playing great in the playoffs(not so far) and making an impact at the Worlds(if he makes the team)...

Cska78 when you have an 82 team seasons and 16 teams making the playoffs you will often see snoozefest also.AT least in Russia the season is shorter and the regular season champ is recognize.Now with the Champions League spot.

In North American sport only NFL and Baseball have meaningfull regular season.

You say 3/4 of the games well 82/82 Floride panthers game are unwatchable...

Really hope the Caps make the playoffs and go deep if not see all of them in Quebec.

Pushkin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Pushkin*

What if Kovin made a good pass what if Larionov would have shot...Now we would clearly talk about The Dynasty.

Pushkin* is offline   Reply With Quote