HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NCAA FA 2007 signings: Purcell, Piskula, Bagnall. Who this year?

Old
03-06-2008, 12:22 AM
Peter James Bond

vCash: 500
NCAA FA 2007 signings: Purcell, Piskula, Bagnall. Who this year?

Last year, DL signed NCAA FA's: Purcell, Piskula and Bagnall.

I am sure he must be targeting a few right now to sign, as the NCAA season comes to a close. Does anyone know about this year's crop of FA's?

Here is a thread about the topic:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=487455

I hope DL can get a quality defenseman; one with some size and toughness.

Peter James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 01:19 AM
Zeno

The NCAA FA signings are so underrated.

That being said, I say Pete MacArthur of BU!

Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 04:21 AM
hans

Send a message via AIM to hans
Not a college player, but I'm intrigued by RW Geoff Walker from PEI in the QMJHL.

-6'3, 230 lbs
-Currently 9th in QMJHL scoring with 34 + 50 = 84
-15 fights over the last three seasons

I haven't seen him play, but those are notable numbers.

hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 04:24 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

We've got prospect of our own that need to be signed, and we're running out of SPC's. Who knows though. Maybe DL will see someone he likes better.

03-06-2008, 08:27 AM
togahcky21

mike radja of UNH , hes and 85' hes currently leading there team in scoring

togahcky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
We've got prospect of our own that need to be signed, and we're running out of SPC's. Who knows though. Maybe DL will see someone he likes better.
Yeah but if he signs a dman and a forward out of college, it's like trading Kanko and Petiot for those two.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 11:24 AM
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Yeah but if he signs a dman and a forward out of college, it's like trading Kanko and Petiot for those two.
I know it is ot but, what is up with those two...? I heard Kanko is a feisty player (so I heard few times) and Petiot is a physical D man.. I think Kings need these types of players in their line up. Not necessarily those two but the playing style... God knows this years Kings are a bunch of pansie-***.... (of course exception of few...)

hauspaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
If I'm counting it right, after the trades we pulled off, we have 5 slots left. So I think if he sees a player he wants we should be okay until the SPC slots refresh for the start of the next season with the UFAs and the RFAs we don't qualify coming off.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 02:50 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
If I'm counting it right, after the trades we pulled off, we have 5 slots left. So I think if he sees a player he wants we should be okay until the SPC slots refresh for the start of the next season with the UFAs and the RFAs we don't qualify coming off.
Yes but by my calculations Ryan, Fast, Bernier, Simmonds, Holloway, Kidd, Fillier, Zatkoff, Andersen, Martinez, Fransson, and Braun are all able to play in Manchester next year. I know all of them wont (most of them wont) but a couple might.

Bernier-already signed and a lock for either LA or MCH
Simmonds-not sure if him signing ever became official but i wouldnt be suprised if he ends in the AHL this year.
Ryan-almost made the Monarchs this year...
Fast-nothing really left to prove in the CHL and should be signed.
Meckler-not listed above but i believe hes only signed a minor league deal and not signed by the Kings yet.

But we do lose Petiot, Roussin (finally...yah!), and Kanko this summer so id say DL might sign one or two this summer but probably not like he did this time last year with Purcell, Piskula, Bagnall, Westgarth.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Yes but by my calculations Ryan, Fast, Bernier, Simmonds, Holloway, Kidd, Fillier, Zatkoff, Andersen, Martinez, Fransson, and Braun are all able to play in Manchester next year. I know all of them wont (most of them wont) but a couple might.

Simmonds-not sure if him signing ever became official but i wouldnt be suprised if he ends in the AHL this year.
Meckler-not listed above but i believe hes only signed a minor league deal and not signed by the Kings yet.

But we do lose Petiot, Roussin (finally...yah!), and Kanko this summer so id say DL might sign one or two this summer but probably not like he did this time last year with Purcell, Piskula, Bagnall, Westgarth.
Don't forget that there is a chance the Kings draft Stamkos this year and I am pretty sure he will be signed and playing in the NHL next year.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post

Right, and like I said, the 5 slots are before we purge free agents so there are more slots potentially opening up. Rob Blake, Jon Klemm, Scott Thornton, Brendan Buckley, Brian Willsie, Jeff Giuliano, Ladislav Nagy, Kevin Dallman, and Richard Petiot are all UFAs, which could create 14 slots there. Then with Petr Kanko and Dany Roussin, we have two RFAs we could non-tender to create 2 more slots for a total of 16.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

You're right Prim, but I honestly don't see more than two of those spots being filled with guys from Manch full-time. That means that we're back to 7 at most with a lot of guys I'd like to see signed and developed.

There is also the Cammalleri situation to resolve. Odds are we are going to be getting back at least one extra SPC in any deal, and in fact, the lack of available SPC's COULD actually limit the return for him.

That's how I'm looking at it at least. But then again, I'm not being paid to be a capologist.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote