HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Old
02-26-2017, 08:45 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
I believe the last two games I've been to have had no Mike Todd as arena host. Have they replaced him...at last??? Before the "he's a great guy" responses come in, I'm sure he is. I hope he's well and fine. I just enjoy the arena experience SO MUCH MORE when he's not hosting.
As far as I know he is still there. Takes the night off, on occasion.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 06:36 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
I believe the last two games I've been to have had no Mike Todd as arena host. Have they replaced him...at last??? Before the "he's a great guy" responses come in, I'm sure he is. I hope he's well and fine. I just enjoy the arena experience SO MUCH MORE when he's not hosting.
I dislike him as host as much as anyone, but the two guys they have put out there make Mike seem entertaining.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2017, 02:21 PM
CarolinaBlueJacket

Taking the kid to Nationwide for his 12th birthday. We live in NC so it will be a big deal for him. Anybody have any info on how to get something special for him? Thinking like Zam ride, participating in intermission entertainment, watch warmups from the box, etc. Thanks.

CarolinaBlueJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2017, 02:44 PM
Columbus Mike
2015-16 CBJ

vCash: 3000
I can't help with those, but when I take the kids (ages 10 & 8) we get there as early as possible. They go down to the glass by the player tunnel for fist bumps and high fives. Most times they walk away with a puck as well. I think they like that part more than the game itself.

Columbus Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2017, 04:53 PM
CarolinaBlueJacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus Mike View Post
I can't help with those, but when I take the kids (ages 10 & 8) we get there as early as possible. They go down to the glass by the player tunnel for fist bumps and high fives. Most times they walk away with a puck as well. I think they like that part more than the game itself.
Yeah we get that in Raleigh, Washington, etc. Just looking for something special for the trip back to the mothership.

Old
02-28-2017, 05:00 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Go to service desk outside Blue Line store and ask for a "My first game" puck. Free. Also various places around the arena have photo op stations like the GIANT CBJ 3D cutouts in the concourse. If you tweet and hashtag it #CBJ ( not sure that's it) you can have your photo/tweet on the Jumbotron.

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2017, 06:18 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBlueJacket View Post
Taking the kid to Nationwide for his 12th birthday. We live in NC so it will be a big deal for him. Anybody have any info on how to get something special for him? Thinking like Zam ride, participating in intermission entertainment, watch warmups from the box, etc. Thanks.
You can have Stinger deliver him a gift in his seat or have his name on the video board. I think the Stinger visit is a $80 or so donation to the Foundation. Call 614-249-2000

Old
03-01-2017, 07:35 PM
CarolinaBlueJacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
You can have Stinger deliver him a gift in his seat or have his name on the video board. I think the Stinger visit is a $80 or so donation to the Foundation. Call 614-249-2000
I don't know about that. He has a history with mascots. When he was about 3 or 4 we were at Chickfila and the cow mascot came in to where all the kids were. My son starts pulling the costume off of the guy yelling to the other kids "There's a guy under here! Let's get him!". Kids were crying running back to their parents as he dismantled the cow. After the guy got away I asked him why he did that and he said " There was a GUY under there!" We were asked to leave. Kept him away from mascots ever since.

Old
03-01-2017, 08:31 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
I don't know about that. He has a history with mascots. When he was about 3 or 4 we were at Chickfila and the cow mascot came in to where all the kids were. My son starts pulling the costume off of the guy yelling to the other kids "There's a guy under here! Let's get him!". Kids were crying running back to their parents as he dismantled the cow. After the guy got away I asked him why he did that and he said " There was a GUY under there!" We were asked to leave. Kept him away from mascots ever since.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2017, 03:21 AM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
I will pay your kid to do that to Twister, the Cincinnati Cyclones mascot

The Santa Claus thing didn't last too long with him me suspects.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2017, 08:07 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
hey all. from NJ here. im doinga road trip with a few people. heading out to detroid on 3/24 to see the redwings. then we are driving to columbus to see the blue jackets on 3/25 at 2pm. still looking for tickets for 3 people. i looked on stubhub and the prices seem pretty good. if anyone has any tickets for sale, or even any advice on parking etc, private message or email me. thanks!

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2017, 11:30 AM
CourtneyDagger50
Pumpkaboo

vCash: 590
Hey guys. I made my second trip to Nationwide this past weekend for the CBJ vs. Wild game. Went to a game last season and had a great time, so we came back this year. Just wanted to tell you all that you have a really cool city and a great in-game experience. Helped that the BJs played well. Bob was fantastic.

Cheers from Illinois!

CourtneyDagger50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2017, 05:38 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Out of curiosity, is anyone making the trip to Toronto on 4/9. I just picked up tickets today. Timing just happened to be right since I was looking to visit there for a few days an the CBJ coincidentally finish the season the same time I'll be there.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 09:34 AM
HerdDaJackets

Fan Appreciation Night 3/25

Does anyone know the ticketmaster offer code for the 3/25 game against the flyers? It's 5th Line Appreciation Night.

I'm trying to get 4 tickets for the family and any discount is helpful!

HerdDaJackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 02:38 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerdDaJackets View Post
Does anyone know the ticketmaster offer code for the 3/25 game against the flyers? It's 5th Line Appreciation Night.

I guess that would be "fan appreciation afternoon" since it's a 2:00 start.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 03:08 PM
BoonesJenner

vCash: 250
So pumped I picked this game to go to. Do we get a t-shirt in assuming?

BoonesJenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 04:46 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoonesJenner View Post
So pumped I picked this game to go to. Do we get a t-shirt in assuming?
Team poster

Old
03-15-2017, 06:20 PM
HerdDaJackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
I guess that would be "fan appreciation afternoon" since it's a 2:00 start.
Good call, I got ahead of myself. It is "5th Line Appreciation Day"

HerdDaJackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 09:03 PM
BobVEZINAsky 110

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerdDaJackets View Post

No idea...but I'd start guessing with "Foligno" and go down the roster Then if that didn't work..."hattrick", "Goal", "icing" etc

BobVEZINAsky 110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2017, 10:45 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Anyone selling three for tmrw 3/25? Email me directly gregdiguglielmo@gmail.com

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 07:17 AM
Halfboard

Anyone know what time the email notification will go out today for Greenies?

Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 07:26 PM
CPTN71
NO SPIN

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfboard View Post
Anyone know what time the email notification will go out today for Greenies?
The green seats went on sale Friday I believe...

CPTN71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2017, 10:08 AM
imderekpoe

New policy on bags at CBJ games, effective April 2 (vs Caps)

The Columbus Blue Jackets and Nationwide Arena announced today the introduction of a revised policy regarding the size of bags that guests may bring into the arena for hockey games and special events. Permitted bags must measure no larger than 5”x8”x1” with exceptions allowed for guests that require a larger bag for medical or childcare needs. All permitted oversize bags will be subject to inspection. The new policy will be in effect beginning with the Sunday, April 2 hockey game when the Blue Jackets host the Washington Capitals at 6 p.m.

“The move to small-bag or no-bag policies at sports venues is increasingly common and we feel that our guests will recognize the benefits of improved security screening and expedited entry,” said Blue Jackets Vice President of Communications & Team Services Todd Sharrock. “We’re introducing the new standards during our last couple regular-season games to allow fans to get used to the policy and prepare for the Stanley Cup playoff games ahead.”

imderekpoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2017, 10:19 AM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by imderekpoe View Post
New policy on bags at CBJ games, effective April 2 (vs Caps)

The Columbus Blue Jackets and Nationwide Arena announced today the introduction of a revised policy regarding the size of bags that guests may bring into the arena for hockey games and special events. Permitted bags must measure no larger than 5”x8”x1” with exceptions allowed for guests that require a larger bag for medical or childcare needs. All permitted oversize bags will be subject to inspection. The new policy will be in effect beginning with the Sunday, April 2 hockey game when the Blue Jackets host the Washington Capitals at 6 p.m.

“The move to small-bag or no-bag policies at sports venues is increasingly common and we feel that our guests will recognize the benefits of improved security screening and expedited entry,” said Blue Jackets Vice President of Communications & Team Services Todd Sharrock. “We’re introducing the new standards during our last couple regular-season games to allow fans to get used to the policy and prepare for the Stanley Cup playoff games ahead.”
Well. That neatly and helpfully excludes literally every single purse I've ever owned in my life.

I can't afford to attend enough Jackets games for it to really matter, I guess, but I am so damn sick of getting inconvenienced by security theater.

Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2017, 10:38 AM
spintheblackcircle
...so that happened.

Has anyone had the cupcakes from Kittie's Cakes? Holy cow, had some yesterday and they were amazing. I am not a desert guy, but these were great.