HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P-L Dubois Part 2

Old
03-14-2017, 03:58 PM
db2011

vCash: 500
Again, I'm only reacting to what I've been reading on here- and that seems like a lot of qualified buttressing of his game through stats. Yes, things picked up after the trade, but it sounds like he has dropped off some. If that's not reading it right, blame is on me.

I guess I'm expecting more from him given where we drafted him and the league he's playing in.

Don't get me wrong, I know he can better and I expect he will. I just don't feel he's a lick for the team next season. But maybe nobody else is, either.

db2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 08:12 AM
Inquiring Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by db2011 View Post
Again, I'm only reacting to what I've been reading on here- and that seems like a lot of qualified buttressing of his game through stats. Yes, things picked up after the trade, but it sounds like he has dropped off some. If that's not reading it right, blame is on me.

I guess I'm expecting more from him given where we drafted him and the league he's playing in.

Don't get me wrong, I know he can better and I expect he will. I just don't feel he's a lick for the team next season. But maybe nobody else is, either.
He's probably not a lock for the team, either.

Inquiring Minds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 08:31 AM
CBJsoldier
Winging it

Puljujarvi was supposed to be an impact player who looked so lost on the ice the Oilers sent him down.

PLD is at least being developed. It doesn't matter the time it takes. He's going to be a very solid player with elite skills. The eye is on the future. The CBJ have had a very good season so there is no reason to rush him

CBJsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 08:49 AM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJsoldier View Post
Puljujarvi was supposed to be an impact player who looked so lost on the ice the Oilers sent him down.

PLD is at least being developed. It doesn't matter the time it takes. He's going to be a very solid player with elite skills. The eye is on the future. The CBJ have had a very good season so there is no reason to rush him
Neither player was supposed to be an instant impact player.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 09:01 AM
EDM

As long as he is not rushed into the NHL next season, and I see no reason to believe that he will be,I have no problem with letting him develop outside the NHL. This Front Office is not run by Doug Maclean who seemed to desire instant success from draft picks in order to satisfy his own raging ego about being a hockey genius. This FO really seems to focus upon careful development. Plus, even if the FO wanted to push him into the lineup, I am almost certain Torts would refuse if he did not think PLD was ready. And after this amazing season, I think Torts has a lot of credibility in this town. I do have to admit, however, that PLD's slow development has me a bit concerned. But time will tell.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 09:36 AM
LetsGOJackets!!

Agreed. EDM & I are on the same page

and I might add our own experience (Managed by PGMDM) would show that if you rush the player to the NHL before they are ready, you aren't going to make a stronger more experienced asset/ you wil end up hurting the player and stifling their growth.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 09:55 AM
CBJsoldier
Winging it

Doug Maclean twitch.... twitch..... did you say Doug Maclean?

Good lord his wrong pick after wrong pick coupled with an owner who did not fire him sooner set the organization back years

CBJsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 10:08 AM
SavesEmNot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJsoldier View Post
Doug Maclean twitch.... twitch..... did you say Doug Maclean?

Good lord his wrong pick after wrong pick coupled with an owner who did not fire him sooner set the organization back years
The pessimist in me almost thinks he was sent to sabotage the team.

SavesEmNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 10:24 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
Agreed. EDM & I are on the same page
It's page 14.

Old
03-15-2017, 02:46 PM
db2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquiring Minds View Post
He's probably not a lock for the team, either.
heh, 2 typos in the last line.

obviously, "lock"

also, I meant maybe nobody else "does" think he's a lock, not nobody else "is" a lock- since obviously there are plenty who are locks to make the team.

Old
03-15-2017, 09:05 PM
Inquiring Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by db2011 View Post
heh, 2 typos in the last line.

obviously, "lock"

also, I meant maybe nobody else "does" think he's a lock, not nobody else "is" a lock- since obviously there are plenty who are locks to make the team.
No worries.
I was just fun-ing around with you.

Inquiring Minds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2017, 12:16 AM
db2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
As long as he is not rushed into the NHL next season, and I see no reason to believe that he will be,I have no problem with letting him develop outside the NHL. This Front Office is not run by Doug Maclean who seemed to desire instant success from draft picks in order to satisfy his own raging ego about being a hockey genius. This FO really seems to focus upon careful development. Plus, even if the FO wanted to push him into the lineup, I am almost certain Torts would refuse if he did not think PLD was ready. And after this amazing season, I think Torts has a lot of credibility in this town. I do have to admit, however, that PLD's slow development has me a bit concerned. But time will tell.
I think you're being much more assertive in stating my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like there's a CBJ faction that fully expects PLD to have an impact in Columbus next year. That'd be great! But I'm not holding my breath.

Old
03-17-2017, 08:35 AM
DoggyII

Scheifele was the #7OA in 2011. After being drafted, he spent two more years in Juniors before permanently unpacking his bags in Winnipeg. He seemed to turn out OK. No shame in letting a potential #1C simmer in the pot a little longer.

DoggyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2017, 01:22 PM
spintheblackcircle
...so that happened.

His team won game 1 last night, but PLD took a 2 minute kneeing penalty and was suspended today for the next game.

03-24-2017, 04:42 PM
major major

PLD could make the team next year. Either way he's unlikely to make much of an impact next season. Too raw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyII View Post
Scheifele was the #7OA in 2011. After being drafted, he spent two more years in Juniors before permanently unpacking his bags in Winnipeg. He seemed to turn out OK. No shame in letting a potential #1C simmer in the pot a little longer.
Scheifele is a great example. Both players were drafted partly for physique - they were developing from a very raw base but had the "projectable frame" that would allow them to do everything later on - if the mental part comes along.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 08:37 AM
EDM

A kneeing penalty ?????? Geez, it seems this kid is a bit challenged on the sportsmanship level.

Old
03-25-2017, 09:46 AM
hardkorejackets

vCash: 678
Quote:
A kneeing penalty ?????? Geez, it seems this kid is a bit challenged on the sportsmanship level.
He's also been ejected with a game misconduct penalty for a boarding call earlier this season. But, looking at stats he had 112 Penalty minutes last season too. Not sure what is going on with him.

hardkorejackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 10:49 AM
RDriesenUD

Wow. Saying a guy has sportsmanship issues because of ONE penalty that you probably didn't even see. I'm sure the guys on our team have never taken any penalties or bad penalties before. Physical players take penalties. It happens. I just don't know what to say anymore with some of the posts this past year about Dubois.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 11:18 AM
BoonesJenner

vCash: 250
Quote:
Holy overreaction

BoonesJenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 11:22 AM
stevo61

Imagine if we drafted Tkachuk who has multiple suspensions the last couple years... or is it ok because hes producing at the NHL level

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 04:07 PM
EDM

No, Dreissen, it is not one incident. PLD got a game misconduct earlier in the season for an apparently, int the view of refs, vicious hit on a guy. No w here is another one for kneeing for lord's sake. Kneeing !!!! I get it that there can be juices flowing and there can be an occasional excessive hit around the boards. But kneeing ???? This kid sound more and more immature. So yes, I feel it is worth noting that he has 2 game misconducts in one season. NO one on the Jackets has 2 game misconducts and I feel we are a pretty tough bunch of guys.

And, no I do not want a member of the Tchchuk(sp?) family on this franchise. I despise dirty players. And I don't want some dirty player on this team who takes liberties and then watches as the other team retaliates by putting an elbow to the head of a Bjorkstrand type player.

I certainly hope PLD gets his head together in a couple of years and is a big contributor to the Jackets. But I am not one of the Robo Jacket fans who thought that Murray was the next Bobby Orr or that Wennie the Pooh was a point per game player.

Certainly every Jackets fan hopes that PLD is the stud we want him to be. But I will maintain a healthy skepticism while he continues to be less that a stud in Juniors.

Old
03-26-2017, 08:52 AM
Monk

Quote:
No, Dreissen, it is not one incident. PLD got a game misconduct earlier in the season for an apparently, int the view of refs, vicious hit on a guy. No w here is another one for kneeing for lord's sake. Kneeing !!!! I get it that there can be juices flowing and there can be an occasional excessive hit around the boards. But kneeing ???? This kid sound more and more immature. So yes, I feel it is worth noting that he has 2 game misconducts in one season. NO one on the Jackets has 2 game misconducts and I feel we are a pretty tough bunch of guys.

And, no I do not want a member of the Tchchuk(sp?) family on this franchise. I despise dirty players. And I don't want some dirty player on this team who takes liberties and then watches as the other team retaliates by putting an elbow to the head of a Bjorkstrand type player.

I certainly hope PLD gets his head together in a couple of years and is a big contributor to the Jackets. But I am not one of the Robo Jacket fans who thought that Murray was the next Bobby Orr or that Wennie the Pooh was a point per game player.

Certainly every Jackets fan hopes that PLD is the stud we want him to be. But I will maintain a healthy skepticism while he continues to be less that a stud in Juniors.
So you didn't see either play?

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 10:18 AM
CBJfan4evr

Food for thought....

http://fansided.com/2016/03/19/2016-...pended-notice/

Apparently the trend continues...

CBJfan4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 10:33 AM
Xoggz22

Quote:

Thank God Dubi's never done anything like that. Model citizen he is. Point is, PLD does have a physical element to his game. He's a big kid. He probably plays on the edge. Jenner was suspended in the WJC. I don't see him as dirty or a head case. IQ points drop at certain times. It's sports. Yeah, I'd love for it not to happen but I don't see any issue here for the over reaction in this thread.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 10:42 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 50
obviously the kid needs to learn when and how to use his "mean streak" but the presence of it doesn't worry me. I think the CBJ could use a little bit of a mean streak in their lineup. Hopefully he gets a little wiser as he develops.