HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Preds @ Canucks: 3 In A Row Edition

Old
03-06-2008, 01:28 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4050
GDT: Preds @ Canucks: 3 In A Row Edition

We need to ride the momentum into a 3 game win streak!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
We struggle with Vancouver...I just want a point.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Ohlund out tonight for Vancouver...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/7...t-least-1-game

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 03:47 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

this might be the most important game of the season, thus far.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 04:12 PM
jstreet
Smashville

I really miss Center Ice, I will definetly be getting it next season.

Old
03-06-2008, 04:35 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

per the Tennessean, same lineup as the last 2 games...including Ellis in net.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 04:41 PM
lugnut76

The bottom doesn't drop out if we loose this game, but this is a great chance to really put the Canucks in a real difficult spot given points, # of wins, and head to head record. I would love to see the Preds come out flying and putting on pressure early cause coming into this game I've got to think there is a lot more pressure on the home team than the away team for this one. I think this game will show what kind of killer instinct this team has. Getting out of the Luango's building with even one point would be huge.

lugnut76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 05:27 PM
jstreet
Smashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
per the Tennessean, same lineup as the last 2 games...including Ellis in net.
Interesting, it will be good to see how he handles a short stint as the "go to" guy.

Although Im sure Mason's play against Calgary largely plays into the decision as well.

Old
03-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Pred303

if i haven't mentioned it yet, i'm a little nervous about this one tonight.. potentially an awful lot could ride on the result of this one..

if it's any consolation, and it's not much of any to me, as important as this game is to us.. there is even more pressure on the canucks to win than there is on us, it being on their home ice and them trailing us by 2 points. it being on their home ice makes it near critical for them. admittedly with a game in hand true, but still..

in general, vancouver's 'system' is known around the league and even among their fans as the most "boring system in hockey". averaging very few shots. constantly playing defensive matchups first. trying to go into shutdown mode the instant they get ahead and trapping from that point on.

scoring first and playing from ahead in general is huge against this team. get ahead and make them play your game, a more open, skating, non-trapping type game. play this type of game and we will probably win. trail them and they have the best record in the league when leading after two periods. (over a 96% winning percentage leading after two).

two things you can do against this team. they're very,very conscious of defensive matchups (from the 15-20 odd canuck games i've watched), and will react to our lines more than about any other team in the league. therefore you get the chance to put out scoring lines and watch them react to us, instead of us setting back and reacting to them. a night i'd like to see us roll the arnott-dumont-rads line out a bunch, and watch them come off for changes to throw their checking line out.. a way to somewhat dictate the play a little more and hold the sedin's off ice for a couple/three shifts possibly.

the other thing that has to be done is to get traffic on luongo. he simply won't be beaten one on one or with unscreened shots very often. we have to find a way to score some ugly goals. deflected, screened type goals. means we have to have someone in front of him every shot, or driving the net, or you might as well not shoot it. would be a great night to see three goals deflect in off skates, butts, and defensemen.

and while i'm at it, man do i hate 9-12 o'clock games on a weeknight. already know i'm going to feel like crap tomorrow. a win would help mightily.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Game Day Chat:

http://www.freewebs.com/predatorschat

Canucks fans welcome, but not encouraged...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

no matter what happens the rest of the way ... that's the most craziest first periods ever

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Vader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
no matter what happens the rest of the way ... that's the most craziest first periods ever
Yep. All that's left is for Nashville to chase Luongo out!

Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Jarnberg

Hmm, huge game in terms of the playoffs and the Predators are already down 4-2, go figure.

Better step it up...

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 11:10 PM
lugnut76

Terrible. . .5-2

In the replay of goal #5 you can clearly see Nashville's forwards coasting back into the Canucks zone. How in the world at this point in the season and in this big of a game can you be coasting anywhere? They look like they have absolutely no idea what to do in their defensive zone.

lugnut76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 12:33 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I'm sorry, but Tootoo's hit on Miller was 100% clean. It definitely wasn't a 5 minute boarding penalty.

As for Bourdon, if you want to skate in on a guy your significantly larger than, well expect consequences. I have no problems with what Tootoo did. The hit was clean, if anything, Rypen's hit on Koistenen was a charge, not vice versa.

03-07-2008, 12:39 AM
Ajackalit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I'm sorry, but Tootoo's hit on Miller was 100% clean. It definitely wasn't a 5 minute boarding penalty.

As for Bourdon, if you want to skate in on a guy your significantly larger than, well expect consequences. I have no problems with what Tootoo did. The hit was clean, if anything, Rypen's hit on Koistenen was a charge, not vice versa.
lol...what a joke your analysis is. tootoo is a thug that leads with his stick.......all the time.

Ajackalit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 12:44 AM
Vader

Quote:

Nope Rypien's hit was 100% clean.

Old
03-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnonis View Post
lol...what a joke your analysis is. tootoo is a thug that leads with his stick.......all the time.
Meh....This is not true. Tootoo can be an idiot out there, but if Bourdon hadn't thrown his hands up, that stick goes right into the chest. As for the initial hit, I stand by my statement that it was a perfeclty legitimate hockey hit...Heck, it wasn't even a head shot or a hit with the elbows....it was legal in every possible way.

If you want to get pissed, get pissed at Mark Rypen who threw a completely unnecessary hit on the softest player on our team with 2 minutes to go in a Canuck blow out win.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Ajackalit

Quote:
Meh....This is not true. Tootoo can be an idiot out there, but if Bourdon hadn't thrown his hands up, that stick goes right into the chest. As for the initial hit, I stand by my statement that it was a perfeclty legitimate hockey hit...Heck, it wasn't even a head shot or a hit with the elbows....it was legal in every possible way.

If you want to get pissed, get pissed at Mark Rypen who threw a completely unnecessary hit on the softest player on our team with 2 minutes to go in a Canuck blow out win.
who the **** is mark Rypien?

Ajackalit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Kiefer

Quote:
Meh....This is not true. Tootoo can be an idiot out there, but if Bourdon hadn't thrown his hands up, that stick goes right into the chest.
Leading with his stick at that point is still crap, even if it was aimed at the chest or not.

Kiefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 12:52 AM
Bleifooss

Who the **** is Mark Rypen? Stand by your statement as much as you want and show your hockey knowledge. Legal hit by Tootoo my ***. That little punk should control his emotions in a 6-2 loss!!!

Bleifooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 12:52 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnonis View Post
who the **** is mark Rypien?
- Rick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefer View Post
Leading with his stick at that point is still crap, even if it was aimed at the chest or not.
Agreed!

Old
03-07-2008, 12:54 AM
Bleifooss

Tootoo run a 100 feet to make the hit. No respect for the opposition.

Bleifooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 12:55 AM
Vader

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty-seven View Post
Who the **** is Mark Rypen? Stand by your statement as much as you want and show your hockey knowledge. Legal hit by Tootoo my ***. That little punk should control his emotions in a 6-2 loss!!!
Well look at what Rypien did... it was definitely not a good time to do that. Either way, both hits were definitely unneeded...

The crosscheck to Bourdon's face pissed me off more than his hit on Miller.

Old
03-07-2008, 12:56 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty-seven View Post
One can easily argue that it was Rypien that started the entire incident by hitting the softest player on the Predators team with 2 minutes to go. Did I mention that HE left his feet and demolished Koistenen despite the fact that his team was up 6-2?

Tootoo threw a hard, but legal check. He didn't leave his feet. Miller did not have his back to the boards. He did not lead with his elbows. Miller had the puck or was just releasing it as he was hit. This is a perfectly fine play. If Rypien is going to demolish a Predator with 2 minutes to go, you have to expect retribution.