HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Josh Anderson: New Age Enforcer

Old
03-10-2017, 08:09 PM
LastWordArmy
HFB Partner

vCash: 450
Josh Anderson: New Age Enforcer

For the better part of nine seasons, 518 games to be exact, the Columbus Blue Jackets employed the likes of Jared Boll in an effort to add an enforcer to the line-up when needed. Boll exemplifies the old school enforcer: the ability to beat the crap out of almost anyone, but lacking the ability to score. Boll had a total of 27 goals during his time, something that has quickly changed with the new tough guy in town. That man goes by the name of Josh Anderson, and hes bringing in a new age of enforcing.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/03/...josh-anderson/

LastWordArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2017, 09:21 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

vCash: 500
I'm not even sure that I would classify Josh Anderson as an enforcer. Certainly he has size and is not afraid to throw his body around, but Josh is a skilled hockey player. He appears to have a ton of untapped hockey skill & the more he plays the better he is getting. When I think of Blue Jacket enforcers i think of Oliwa, and Shelly and Boll. When I think of Josh Anderson I think more of a Bertuzzi player only without the dirty shenanigans.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 02:14 PM
EDM

Agreed

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 02:19 PM
EDM

I have yet to se an actually interesting, informative article written in this Last
Word on Hockey format.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 06:50 AM
The Old Guy
Who Are Those Guys?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
I have yet to see an actually interesting, informative article written in this Last Word on Hockey format.
^^^ This!

The Old Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 09:24 AM
Proutfan

We don't have an enforcer now. The Caps have T. Wilson, the Devils have D. Prout, the Wilds have C. Stewart, the Pitts have T. Sestito and this little piggy has none. I've seen many a post declaring in the new nhl there's no need for enforcers. Maybe its we just don't have any elite players to warrant an enforcer.

Proutfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 10:07 AM
hockey17jp
Lets Go Jackets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proutfan View Post
Maybe its we just don't have any elite players to warrant an enforcer.
I don't agree at all. We don't have an enforcer on this team but we do have a handful of guys that aren't afraid to drop the gloves with someone who goes after another Blue Jacket.

With guys like Anderson, Hartnell, Dubi, Foligno, etc, we don't need some terrible plug to clog up our lineup.

hockey17jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 10:33 AM
MoeBartoli
Chex-to-Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proutfan View Post
We don't have an enforcer now. The Caps have T. Wilson, the Devils have D. Prout, the Wilds have C. Stewart, the Pitts have T. Sestito and this little piggy has none. I've seen many a post declaring in the new nhl there's no need for enforcers. Maybe its we just don't have any elite players to warrant an enforcer.
I'm damned glad we don't have Sestito in our system anymore. He is an embarrassment - a thug that has no place in this game. I'll go so far as to say Pittsburgh Coach Sullivan was classless in putting him on the ice recently, allowing him to assault other players who were trying to play otherwise legitimate, yet physical hockey.

MoeBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote