HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My girlfriend doesnt understand....

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2004, 11:30 AM
Legolas

vCash: 500
My girlfriend understands. She's a Leafs fan though so I have to do my fair share of consoling her too...hahahha.

As for how to explain it to them...just tell them how it feels. It isn't enough to say you're pissed off cause the Habs lost...you may as well be speaking Spanish...well, as long as your girlfriend doesn't know Spanish, I mean. You need to explain that you're expecting them to win, you think they're going to win, it's almost 100% for sure that they're going to win, and suddenly they lose. It's the biggest letdown of all time.

Either that, or use the shoe sale example...haha.

Old
04-28-2004, 11:30 AM
gottaluvdabolts

I have only been a hocky fan for 12 years or so, and I may never be as passionate about it as I am for college basketball (syacuse) or American football (Tampa Bay Bucs), but I sure know where you are coming from. My wife HATES football and will not watch it with me at all. When the Bucs lost on Monday Night Football after leading by 21 with about 2 minutes left, I was devastated. I could not sleep. My blood pressure was through the roof.

Wife's response?

"it's only a game"

I will love her always. She is a terrific wife... but... why couldn't she like sports too. (sigh)

Old
04-28-2004, 11:31 AM
Legolas

Ouch...that Indianapolis - Tampa Bay game?? I was speechless...and I'm in Canada!

Old
04-28-2004, 11:35 AM
ShootOut

Send a message via ICQ to ShootOut Send a message via MSN to ShootOut
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
My wife, who incidentally jinxed them by entering the room with 20 seconds left, told me to relax, i wasn't playing, not worth having a heart attack over it. I told her that she was on her 27th one year contract and if she wasn't careful it would be her last. She smiled and walked away. Lucky, I thought she was going to belt me.
Words of wisdom those were.

Old
04-28-2004, 11:52 AM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahabs
Here's a comparision that will shed light on this...Her's and his Diary

HER DIARY

Last night I thought he was acting weird. We had made plans to
meet at a bar to have a drink. I was shopping with my friends all
night long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit
late, but he made no comment.

Conversation wasn't flowing so I suggested that we go somewhere
quiet so we could talk, he agreed but he kept quiet and absent.

I asked him what was wrong - he said, "Nothing."

I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said it had
nothing to do with me and not to worry.

On the way home I told him that I loved him, he simply smiled and
kept driving.

I can't explain his behaviour; I don't know why he didn't say, "I
love you, too."

When we got home I felt as if I had lost him, as if he wanted
nothing to do with me anymore.

He just sat there and watched T.V.; he seemed distant and
absent.

Finally I decided to go to bed. About 10 minutes later he came to
bed and to my surprise he responded to my caress and we made love,
but I still felt that he was distracted and his thoughts were
somewhere else.

I decided that I could not take it anymore, so I decided to confront
him with the situation but he had fallen asleep.

I started crying and cried until I too fell asleep.

I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with
someone else.

My life is a disaster.

HIS DIARY

Today, The Habs lost, but at least I got laid.

Hope you enjoyed it

Old
04-28-2004, 11:54 AM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
It's just a passion that some people are born with, being Hab fans. Can't help it, but you're tied to them for life.

Old
04-28-2004, 11:59 AM
Guy Caballero

My girlfriend thought I was a liar because I told her not to bother me since that night's game was "the most important game of the year" on three separate occasions (MTL-BOS, games 5-7).

She's Japanese and doesn't know anything about hockey. I've tried explaining the game to her, but have you ever tried explaining what an offside is to someone who has never watched the game before? By the time she has even the slightest clue about what I'm explaining, half the period is over, then she tells me, "Well, that's a stupid rule. They should just let them go wherever they want." Oh man.

Old
04-28-2004, 12:59 PM
Perfect_Gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
My girlfriend thought I was a liar because I told her not to bother me since that night's game was "the most important game of the year" on three separate occasions (MTL-BOS, games 5-7).

She's Japanese and doesn't know anything about hockey. I've tried explaining the game to her, but have you ever tried explaining what an offside is to someone who has never watched the game before? By the time she has even the slightest clue about what I'm explaining, half the period is over, then she tells me, "Well, that's a stupid rule. They should just let them go wherever they want." Oh man.
Ya I tried explaing baseball to my mom, who never saw baseball before leaving europe for Canada. Man it's so hard to explaing things.

Anyways though my girlfriend thinks it's cute when i get all happy or sad over the habs

Old
04-28-2004, 01:33 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
By the time she has even the slightest clue about what I'm explaining, half the period is over, then she tells me, "Well, that's a stupid rule. They should just let them go wherever they want." Oh man.

GC, do not, I repeat, do not let your girlfriend anywhere near Gary Bettman.

Old
04-28-2004, 02:44 PM
felixd

Quote:

I remember I sat behind a japanese lady once at the forum and she cheered whenever the tv break light went on becauser she thought it was the goal light.

Closed Thread