HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion [See the warning in OP]

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-14-2017, 07:37 PM
  #976
Valhuen
Secretary of Defense
 
Valhuen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tucson via Spokane
Country: United States
Posts: 462
vCash: 500
Anyone having problems logging into NHL.TV?

Valhuen is offline  
Old
03-14-2017, 07:48 PM
  #977
Evil Ted
Registered User
 
Evil Ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,718
vCash: 500
What's the deal with the crap quality broadcast on my PS4, and no I don't mean sportsnet. I can stream through my PC or tablet it's like 1080p and sometimes on my PS4 I get good quality but majority of the time it's terrible. I looked at the options in the NHL app on PS4 and stream quality options don't exist. I have good internet too so that shouldn't be the problem.

Can someone who streams through PS4 please give me some feedback on this?

Evil Ted is offline  
Old
03-15-2017, 01:52 AM
  #978
CaptainShark
Registered User
 
CaptainShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fulda, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
I have a big complaint about NHL.TV. I watch games via Xbox one and since I am living in Europe, I often watch games on "tape delay". Even if "hide scores" is turned on, the steam shows the length of the stream in the bottom right corner. Since they don't cut commercial brakes and brakes between periods anymore, I have to fast-forward through those breaks. Every time I do, the stream-length pops up again. Takes a lot of effort to avoid looking at the stream-lenght and sometimes inadvertently, I take a glimpse. Since I don't wanna put scotch-tape on my tv to hide the stream-lenght, I have

Knowing the stream-length of a PO-game is a HUGE spoiler, as u know immediately, if the game ended in regulation or if it went to (multiple) OTs. I contacted the NHL.TV service twice with no results. Wanna give it another try before the POs.

Is anyone else bothered by that?

CaptainShark is offline  
Old
03-15-2017, 02:40 AM
  #979
Johnny Caravella
The Doctor is in!
 
Johnny Caravella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainShark View Post
I have a big complaint about NHL.TV. I watch games via Xbox one and since I am living in Europe, I often watch games on "tape delay". Even if "hide scores" is turned on, the steam shows the length of the stream in the bottom right corner. Since they don't cut commercial brakes and brakes between periods anymore, I have to fast-forward through those breaks. Every time I do, the stream-length pops up again. Takes a lot of effort to avoid looking at the stream-lenght and sometimes inadvertently, I take a glimpse. Since I don't wanna put scotch-tape on my tv to hide the stream-lenght, I have

Knowing the stream-length of a PO-game is a HUGE spoiler, as u know immediately, if the game ended in regulation or if it went to (multiple) OTs. I contacted the NHL.TV service twice with no results. Wanna give it another try before the POs.

Is anyone else bothered by that?
Yes, but it's been a problem since forever I believe. Fortunately I watch most games live, but I do agree with you they should fix it.

Johnny Caravella is offline  
Old
03-15-2017, 12:07 PM
  #980
karnige
Real Life FTL
 
karnige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Trinidad and Tobago
Posts: 17,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
What's the deal with the crap quality broadcast on my PS4, and no I don't mean sportsnet. I can stream through my PC or tablet it's like 1080p and sometimes on my PS4 I get good quality but majority of the time it's terrible. I looked at the options in the NHL app on PS4 and stream quality options don't exist. I have good internet too so that shouldn't be the problem.

Can someone who streams through PS4 please give me some feedback on this?
same here. its always eh. on PC its perfect

karnige is online now  
Old
03-15-2017, 09:23 PM
  #981
CcTitan84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Same issues on the PS4. It just looks blurry. I've used the ps4 for the majority of the season and definitely don't remember this being an issue earlier in the season. Noticed it maybe in the last few weeks.

CcTitan84 is offline  
Old
03-16-2017, 08:27 AM
  #982
Stud Muffin
Registered User
 
Stud Muffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,838
vCash: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Jet View Post
Centre ice on Bell is great.

I have 11 HD centre ice channels and 2 French HD so every game is HD and probably had 1 issue on 1 game over 15 years
On your Centre ice Hd channels do 2 and 3 lose signal?

Stud Muffin is offline  
Old
03-16-2017, 04:20 PM
  #983
Golden_Jet
Registered User
 
Golden_Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud Muffin View Post
On your Centre ice Hd channels do 2 and 3 lose signal?
Nope never seen that yet.

Golden_Jet is offline  
Old
03-16-2017, 06:05 PM
  #984
Carlzner
Registered User
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DC/CO
Country: United States
Posts: 13,585
vCash: 500
Man it sure is dandy that NHL.TV blacks out games that are on NHL Network! Makes complete sense.

Carlzner is online now  
Old
03-16-2017, 08:06 PM
  #985
roll4lines
Registered User
 
roll4lines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: CNY
Country: United States
Posts: 161
vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by CcTitan84 View Post
Same issues on the PS4. It just looks blurry. I've used the ps4 for the majority of the season and definitely don't remember this being an issue earlier in the season. Noticed it maybe in the last few weeks.
bruins/van was awful, constant blur/pixelation on nesn and canuck feeds.

bruins/cal was perfect entire time.

no idea why, FIOS 75up/75down and never have issues with my internet. ping, bw, etc. always good and my ps4 is hardwired to router.

roll4lines is offline  
Old
03-16-2017, 08:22 PM
  #986
roll4lines
Registered User
 
roll4lines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: CNY
Country: United States
Posts: 161
vCash: 966
Edm/bos fine tonight

roll4lines is offline  
Old
03-16-2017, 10:55 PM
  #987
Frosty415
Stay Frosty
 
Frosty415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 415
Posts: 8,441
vCash: 738
What's with NHL.TV and the PS4?

The quality degrades consistently, despite my PS4 getting 50+ Mbps.

On my Xbox one I do not run into this issue, however my PS4 is the only one hooked to a TV (xbox on monitor)

It's extremely frustrating.. this did not happen a lot early in the year/last year.

could it be my PS4?

Frosty415 is offline  
Old
03-17-2017, 02:38 PM
  #988
vdB
Registered User
 
vdB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty415 View Post
What's with NHL.TV and the PS4?

The quality degrades consistently, despite my PS4 getting 50+ Mbps.

On my Xbox one I do not run into this issue, however my PS4 is the only one hooked to a TV (xbox on monitor)

It's extremely frustrating.. this did not happen a lot early in the year/last year.

could it be my PS4?
I have the same problem. Very annoying indeed.

I used it for the first 40 games, but gave up. I switched to an old apple tv i had that was collecting dust. Better quality, lower frame rate.

vdB is offline  
Old
03-17-2017, 08:06 PM
  #989
Clare2904
Registered User
 
Clare2904's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,438
vCash: 400
Once again some stupid **** at Centre Ice has out the wrong Sportsnet feed onto the Dallas / Calgary channel. This time we have Sportsnet World. How do we contact these idiots ?

Clare2904 is offline  
Old
03-18-2017, 04:47 PM
  #990
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You
 
MattyMo35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 14,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty415 View Post
What's with NHL.TV and the PS4?

The quality degrades consistently, despite my PS4 getting 50+ Mbps.

On my Xbox one I do not run into this issue, however my PS4 is the only one hooked to a TV (xbox on monitor)

It's extremely frustrating.. this did not happen a lot early in the year/last year.

could it be my PS4?
No, it's not your PS4. It seems that just about everyone has the same issues. Sometimes my games run fine, but for the most part they're blurry, or they'll look great for 30 seconds, the quality will then turn to ****, and then after a minute of that it will rewind 10 seconds and play in good quality. Rinse and repeat. I can't watch games on it anymore. I just use my laptop now. Never have any issues.

MattyMo35 is offline  
Old
03-20-2017, 08:02 PM
  #991
roll4lines
Registered User
 
roll4lines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: CNY
Country: United States
Posts: 161
vCash: 966
Tor/ bos is awful on PS4

Switched to Roku on same tv. Zero issues, perfect on roku. Both hard wired on fios

roll4lines is offline  
Old
03-21-2017, 08:28 PM
  #992
hockeyplayer168
Registered User
 
hockeyplayer168's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
They are scum who have no intention of fixing common issues.

hockeyplayer168 is offline  
Old
03-21-2017, 09:52 PM
  #993
ihaveyuidonttouchme
MrShiftbyShiftGuy
 
ihaveyuidonttouchme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,957
vCash: 50
watching on my computer. what's the hotkey for full screen? usually i can scroll down to find the button near the timeline but if i scroll too far down, the scoreboard shows up and hids the full screen button.(sometimes it does sometimes doesnt)

ihaveyuidonttouchme is offline  
Old
03-22-2017, 06:16 PM
  #994
Captain Timo
Registered User
 
Captain Timo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,331
vCash: 450
So I take it that the quality on the PS4 app has been terrible for everyone? Mine was fine the first 3/4 of the season, but has been trash for the past 3 weeks or so. Literally unwatchable.

Captain Timo is offline  
Old
03-22-2017, 09:35 PM
  #995
vdB
Registered User
 
vdB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveyuidonttouchme View Post
watching on my computer. what's the hotkey for full screen? usually i can scroll down to find the button near the timeline but if i scroll too far down, the scoreboard shows up and hids the full screen button.(sometimes it does sometimes doesnt)
Lol ikr!? A huge flaw. So stupid. I gave up on the laptop too because of this. Didnt realize there was a hotkey option.

Anyone got an answer for this?

vdB is offline  
Old
03-23-2017, 09:11 PM
  #996
Frosty415
Stay Frosty
 
Frosty415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 415
Posts: 8,441
vCash: 738
Yeah so reading the NHL app reviews and what not.. this is affecting a TON of PS4s.

no idea how SONY/NHL have not fixed this.. if this was NBA there would be a massive outcry.

Frosty415 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.