Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Kyle Connor signs NHL contract

Old
03-01-2017, 11:40 AM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

vCash: 366
Kyle Connor....... with a 3 point night last night and 8 points in his last 3 AHL games.

He now has 13 goals and 13 assists in 35 AHL games.

If he plays out the final 20 Moose games of the season and keeps up his level of play he will most likely lead the Moose in goal scoring and points with playing 20 less games than a full AHL season.

I think keeping him in the AHL for the remainder of the season would be best for his confidence and development. He needs to dominate at a pro level to keep advancing and developing.

Edit ...... if he stays in the AHL for the remainder of this season ........ he would have only 19 NHL games played.

That means he would still be classified as a rookie and eligible for the Calder next year. That way a Jet rookie can win the Calder 2 years in a row.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 12:27 PM
10Ducky10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by portamoral View Post
connor-little-wheeler
perreault-scheifele-ehlers
No Laine?

10Ducky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 12:27 PM
irunthepeg
Mark ScheifELITE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 View Post
Kyle Connor....... with a 3 point night last night and 8 points in his last 3 AHL games.

If he plays out the final 20 Moose games of the season and keeps up his level of play he will most likely lead the Moose in goal scoring and points with playing 20 less games than a full AHL season.

I think keeping him in the AHL for the remainder of the season would be best for his confidence and development. He needs to dominate at a pro level to keep advancing and developing.

Edit ...... if he stays in the AHL for the remainder of this season ........ he would have only 19 NHL games played.

That means he would still be classified as a rookie and eligible for the Calder next year. That way a Jet rookie can win the Calder 2 years in a row.
Wow. Yeah I saw he had the hat trick the other night and now a 3pt night. Things look great. It seems like he's really getting comfy with the pro game now. I'd like to see him finish the season there and maybe even start there next year and work his way up to the main squad. But if he shines in TC then by all means, keep him up.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 12:36 PM
Peggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Right. Only vets are allowed to make mistakes on the Jets.
I never said that
But making mistakes Ina practice vs a real game have different consequences obviously

My point was making mistakes in the ahl isn't as big of a deal as it would be in the NHL
The ahl isn't for winning championships. It's for young kids to develop in a professional league

Easier for the trial and error process to start in the AHL where it's taken less seriously than the NHL

Last edited by Peggy: 03-01-2017 at 12:48 PM.
Peggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 12:38 PM
JetsUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 View Post

Indeed. I look forward to next year's main board Calder threads already. Back to back also-rans to brighten up another Jerts season.

JetsUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 12:46 PM
fmrdh

https://youtu.be/3JWuhZRQU9k?t=1m21s

Turns on the afterburners

fmrdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 02:17 PM
rymr66

first i want to admit i was wrong about kyle connor - i thought he has nhl ready and would never play a single game in the ahl - he wasn't and he is

- i'm encouraged by his progress lately and i hope he keeps it up - i think he would benefit greatly from a call up at the end of the season - get in another 6 games, keep his calder eligibility - this would do 3 things -

first, if he can keep up his excellent play, he will have earned a call up - i think, especially for a young player, it's important to reward hard work and a strong performance - as well as the fact he has been a true professional about this and not complained -

second - i think it would be good to see how much he has progressed - as a teacher i try to do an assessment at the beginning of a unit and then one at the end to see how much progress has been made - i think this would a good tool to use with connor,

and thirdly, might help him get ready for next year - go jets!

rymr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Crocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmrdh View Post
https://youtu.be/3JWuhZRQU9k?t=1m21s

Turns on the afterburners
Nice! Great finish by Lemieux too.

Crocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 05:44 PM
portamoral

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Ducky10 View Post
No Laine?
i believe that was when he was injured. i wanted connor to be called up

portamoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 06:35 PM
truck

I don't anticipate any call ups save for injury.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 06:42 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I don't anticipate any call ups save for injury.
I only see it if and when they are out of the running.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 08:34 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

vCash: 50
Great to hear he's developing well down there. Hopefully with a summer of natural physical maturing with strength training he'll earn a spot in next seasons training camp.

razorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 08:58 PM
voyageur
The watchful one

I would like to see

Ehlers-Scheif-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Lowry-Armia
Matthias/Thorburn-Copp-Dano

Before the end of the year.

Perreault on the 1st PP. With Trouba. Buff on the 2nd, with Morrissey (Connor or Dano).

Send Petan down to play with Roslovic. QB our minor league PP.

voyageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 09:18 PM
truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
I only see it if and when they are out of the running.
You mean when they shut down the injured? I could see that too.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 09:29 PM
Whileee

I hope the Jets bring Connor and a few other young players up down the stretch. Give them a chance to try their game at C he NHL level, and assess where they are for next season. That's more valuable than another 5-10 AHL games. I predict the Jets will do that.

Also, rest Wheeler and Little down the stretch.

Whileee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 09:35 PM
winnipegger

vCash: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
I would like to see

Ehlers-Scheif-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Lowry-Armia
Matthias/Thorburn-Copp-Dano

Before the end of the year.

Perreault on the 1st PP. With Trouba. Buff on the 2nd, with Morrissey (Connor or Dano).

Send Petan down to play with Roslovic. QB our minor league PP.
It strikes me that Petan is an NHL player now. Even though the points haven't been there because he's playing with ****ing Thorburn, he's been good and good enough to stick in the NHL imo.

winnipegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2017, 08:53 AM
its a process

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
I hope the Jets bring Connor and a few other young players up down the stretch. Give them a chance to try their game at C he NHL level, and assess where they are for next season. That's more valuable than another 5-10 AHL games. I predict the Jets will do that.

Also, rest Wheeler and Little down the stretch.
Missing they playoffs again is enough rest for anyone.

its a process is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 08:04 PM
10Ducky10

Wheeler has missed about 7 games since he joined the league so I doubt he sits any games.
Little is going into the last year of his deal so i don't think he wants to sit any games.
Sit MP, Perreault, Matthias and call up Roslo, Connor and De Leo...take a look at Comrie too.
I would make sure I didn't overplay Connor so he was still considered eligible for the Calder next year....6 games or so.
Call up Comrie and give him 4 or 5 starts before the end of the season too.

10Ducky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 09:26 PM
Festinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Ducky10 View Post
Wheeler has missed about 7 games since he joined the league so I doubt he sits any games.
Little is going into the last year of his deal so i don't think he wants to sit any games.
Sit MP, Perreault, Matthias and call up Roslo, Connor and De Leo...take a look at Comrie too.
I would make sure I didn't overplay Connor so he was still considered eligible for the Calder next year....6 games or so.
Call up Comrie and give him 4 or 5 starts before the end of the season too.
What happens when Comrie does well and chevy takes this as a sign to not do anything about the goaltending in the offseason

Festinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 11:39 AM
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festinator View Post
What happens when Comrie does well and chevy takes this as a sign to not do anything about the goaltending in the offseason
I don't think his performance on the Moose has warranted a call up even if we had our best D corp playing. Throwing him into games now would likely result in PTSD.

nobody important is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 01:41 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
I don't think his performance on the Moose has warranted a call up even if we had our best D corp playing. Throwing him into games now would likely result in PTSD.
Comrie still needs to work on consistiency. He's excellent for long stretches but then goes ice cold for a stretch of games which tanks his stats. He's had too extreme cold stretches this year including a set of games just recently which pulled his stats down from a .915. Leave him down there keep working out the kinks and gain experience.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote