Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 11:01 AM
Jet
Buff Basher

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
Way to rub it in. I started shaving recently regularly recently because I didn't want people to actually guess my age.
Oh I thought you started shaving recently because you finally could

PS I DID IT! I finally made the move to Orlando! It was really stressful and one of the hardest things I've done but man it's so fantastic down here. My apartment complex is pretty much a resort, right by the largest public college in the US, and I got 90% of my furniture at IKEA

Thank God my employer paid for the lawyer and permit. It was so expensive to get down here. I can't import my car because it doesn't have TPMS. I can drive it for a year though so that's ok.

I want the 2017 Mustang GT 350 anyway

03-18-2017, 11:11 AM
Jet
Buff Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferoni View Post
You're forcing me to break out the pictures... at lunch time, no less!

Boiled perogies served in clarified butter and onions...

Top with 14% fat sour cream and fried bacon bits as desired...

I'm soooo hungry right now!!!
Why clarified butter? I don't really understand what the benefit is?

You guys would hate my perogy eating habits. Firstly, I do boil far more than fry but fried every now and again is great, a totally different experience. These are my perogy treatment.

In soup: When I want something substantial in my soup, I'll cook up a mess of perogies and give em a soup-style hot tub! Thai Basil Tomato, any soup really.

Bathed in Chili, cheese, and sour cream: Yum!

You guys like perogy pizza? I love pizza perogies! Yup. Cook those sob's up, top em with some pizza sauce, whatever pizza toppings you fancy, and then some mozza. Throw em under the broiler til that cheese is brown and bubbly. Pizza perogies>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>perogy pizza.

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 11:14 AM
Jet
Buff Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
Look out for Ohio State, they have a full roster and are having practices

Quote:
So on top of that MTS is really testing my patience.

I got a LG G4 for my previous phone. Bad idea, it bricked because of an issue called "boot looping" caused by a faulty motherboard. No problem, I'll send it in and get it fixed. After I sent it in, they said "Oh there's other damage on the phone. It won't be fixed because of that, even though the phone was working perfectly before the boot looping issue."

WTF! So I go into MTS today to see what I can do, and possibly pick up a new phone, as my contract is up this summer.

You want to know what they offered me for my buyout?

70$. 70$. SEVENTY EFFIN' DOLLARS! That's not even a full bill on the phone.

I'm speechless.

The difference between staying with MTS or heading to the competition tomorrow is 25 bucks.
That's *********!

I have always had a good experience with Rogers (I have heard others haven't mind you). Really great especially if you travel at all.

I am switching to Cricket down here... bring my own phone. North American coverage, 10GB of data, free text and calling for $45 US.

Wow.

Old
03-18-2017, 11:27 AM
ps241
Playoff push 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Oh I thought you started shaving recently because you finally could

PS I DID IT! I finally made the move to Orlando! It was really stressful and one of the hardest things I've done but man it's so fantastic down here. My apartment complex is pretty much a resort, right by the largest public college in the US, and I got 90% of my furniture at IKEA

Thank God my employer paid for the lawyer and permit. It was so expensive to get down here. I can't import my car because it doesn't have TPMS. I can drive it for a year though so that's ok.

I want the 2017 Mustang GT 350 anyway
Congratulations Jet!! Visa work can be a gong show and its good your employer did the grunt work on this. We (well not me actually lol) have been doing allot of this with our company over the past two years and it is a hassle (from what I hear).

I hope you have a blast in Orlando its not very far from Clearwater so the beach is close enough and you should be a star on any rec hockey team you play on. Always good to add a new adventure to your life since we only get one shot at it.

Enjoy the new chapter.

Last edited by ps241: 03-18-2017 at 11:45 AM.
ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 11:32 AM
Jet
Buff Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Congratulations Jet!! Visa work can be a gong show and its good your employer did the grunt work on this. We have been doing allot of this with our company over the past two years and it is a hassle.

I hope you have a blast in Orlando its not very far from Clearwater so the beach is close enough and you should be a star on any rec hockey team you play on. Always good to add a new adventure to your life since we only get one shot at it.

Enjoy the new chapter.
Thanks bud! I appreciate it. It came at a perfect time too... winter wearing on me, the Jets ******** the bed on queue, and all the other NHL nonsense that pisses me off (Matthews guaranteed to get the Calder even though Laine deserves it, the 'player safety' embarrassment we've witnessed over the past few weeks.)

I am looking forward to getting out of my shell, meeting people, trying new things, and following MLS. I finally have a team, and they're purple!

Old
03-18-2017, 11:54 AM
ps241
Playoff push 2017

Quote:
Thanks bud! I appreciate it. It came at a perfect time too... winter wearing on me, the Jets ******** the bed on queue, and all the other NHL nonsense that pisses me off (Matthews guaranteed to get the Calder even though Laine deserves it, the 'player safety' embarrassment we've witnessed over the past few weeks.)

I am looking forward to getting out of my shell, meeting people, trying new things, and following MLS. I finally have a team, and they're purple!
According to a group of hip young guys my old bar sponsored in Soccer "purple is the best colour to wear with a suntan" and that is why they chose it.

I don't blame you the good thing about Orlando is you can pick how much you want to plug in to the NHL but it isn't surrounding you 24/7. When the Jets are doing well nothing is better than being in Winnipeg but when they are sucking like now it can be a bit depressing. I am heading to Mexico on spring break with the family one week from today and I looking forward to the break from the NHL.

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 11:56 AM
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain

vCash: 500
Quote:

You guys would hate my perogy eating habits. Firstly, I do boil far more than fry but fried every now and again is great, a totally different experience. These are my perogy treatment.

In soup: When I want something substantial in my soup, I'll cook up a mess of perogies and give em a soup-style hot tub! Thai Basil Tomato, any soup really.

You guys like perogy pizza? I love pizza perogies! Yup. Cook those sob's up, top em with some pizza sauce, whatever pizza toppings you fancy, and then some mozza. Throw em under the broiler til that cheese is brown and bubbly. Pizza perogies>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>perogy pizza.
Typical Winnipegger. We'll throw chili on anything.

Cause it makes it AWESOME!

Enjoy your new life. I guess it's just a matter of time before you become a Lightning fan, and start making Stamkos for Byfuglien proposals on the trade board.

nobody important is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 12:03 PM
jefferoni
mother was a hamster

vCash: 777
Congrats on your relocation, Jet... sounds wonderful!

Quote:
Most importantly it keeps the perogies from sticking together in the serving bowl. Secondarily who the heck needs a reason to eat more butter and onions?!?!

Quote:
Started salivating immediately after reading that... note to self: must try this!

jefferoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 01:04 PM
Hobble

Quote:
So on top of that MTS is really testing my patience.

I got a LG G4 for my previous phone. Bad idea, it bricked because of an issue called "boot looping" caused by a faulty motherboard. No problem, I'll send it in and get it fixed. After I sent it in, they said "Oh there's other damage on the phone. It won't be fixed because of that, even though the phone was working perfectly before the boot looping issue."

WTF! So I go into MTS today to see what I can do, and possibly pick up a new phone, as my contract is up this summer.

You want to know what they offered me for my buyout?

70$. 70$. SEVENTY EFFIN' DOLLARS! That's not even a full bill on the phone.

I'm speechless.

The difference between staying with MTS or heading to the competition tomorrow is 25 bucks.
Damn, sorry to hear. My LG G4 had the same problem, but thankfully I was able to send it in and have a repaired phone returned with no cost to me with Rogers.

Hobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 02:32 PM
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor

I buy big-on-features, cheap like borscht Chinese phones (around $100) and replace them whenever I get bored. I also stay away from contracts as much as possible, and refuse to subsidize phones on a contract. Works for me.

The phone I'm using now has better battery life, and most of the features of the higher end phones. 6000mAh battery for the two day battery life win!

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 03:33 PM
flyingkiwi
Let's gone Jets

Quote:
My apartment complex is pretty much a resort, right by the largest public college in the US, and I got 90% of my furniture at IKEA
That can't be a positive, surely? Congrats on the move though!

I'm seriously considering going to live and work in Rarotonga for a year or so. I met up with so many old friends living there and there's a house I can stay in.

flyingkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 12:00 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Gamergate morons found a woman who worked at EA (not on Mass Effect) and decided she must be the reason for the problems they've made up in their head about the game they haven't played (Mass Effect) and decided to launch a harassment campaign. Because well shes a woman so she MUST have ****ed everything up, right gamergaters?

I love video games, ****ing hate the gaming community. What a bunch morons.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 03-19-2017 at 01:03 PM.
Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 07:42 PM
HannuJ

ooooo..
i'm a sucker for WHA stuff. but this colour combo's nuts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LA-Sharks-WH...:L:LCA:US:1123

HannuJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 09:00 PM
KillEmAll83

My LG G4 bricked as well. Sad part is I loved the phone before it bit the dust.

These violent delights... have violent ends
KillEmAll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 10:59 AM
Gm0ney
Unicorns salient

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
I buy big-on-features, cheap like borscht Chinese phones (around $100) and replace them whenever I get bored. I also stay away from contracts as much as possible, and refuse to subsidize phones on a contract. Works for me.

The phone I'm using now has better battery life, and most of the features of the higher end phones. 6000mAh battery for the two day battery life win!
My son needs a new phone. He's pretty hard on them, so "cheap like borscht" sounds pretty good. Where do you get these cheap+amazing Chinese phones? Any recommended brands/models?

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 11:05 AM
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
My son needs a new phone. He's pretty hard on them, so "cheap like borscht" sounds pretty good. Where do you get these cheap+amazing Chinese phones? Any recommended brands/models?
fasttech.com and gearbest.com are the two places I've ordered from successfully - I've purchased two phones from gearbest.com, and one phone from fasttech, but I buy many things from fasttech and I "trust" them. Shipping is free, but typically takes 2-4 weeks for them to arrive. Main thing to watch out for: the 3G coverage with these phones is either non-existent, or spotty. It's important to look at the 2G/3G/4G bands that they support, and make sure that they're going to work with your carrier of choice before purchasing. Most of the time, the phones are "world phones", and the 3G bands they cover aren't covered by the major carriers in Canada.

In Toronto, I'm good - most of the 4G coverage works a charm, and the occasional time that I slip out of 4G, there's reasonable 2G coverage.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 11:05 AM
KillEmAll83

Quote:
I'm interested too. I bought a $200 Huawei Honor 5x last year and it's slowed down considerably since then.

KillEmAll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 11:40 PM
Lempo
Sugar-Crumbs

vCash: 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
fasttech.com and gearbest.com are the two places I've ordered from successfully - I've purchased two phones from gearbest.com, and one phone from fasttech, but I buy many things from fasttech and I "trust" them. Shipping is free, but typically takes 2-4 weeks for them to arrive. Main thing to watch out for: the 3G coverage with these phones is either non-existent, or spotty. It's important to look at the 2G/3G/4G bands that they support, and make sure that they're going to work with your carrier of choice before purchasing. Most of the time, the phones are "world phones", and the 3G bands they cover aren't covered by the major carriers in Canada.

In Toronto, I'm good - most of the 4G coverage works a charm, and the occasional time that I slip out of 4G, there's reasonable 2G coverage.
Dear god those frequencies of yours are like a foreign language.

I recently bought one from India because I have totes fallen for the Sailfish OS, which some former Nokia people continued developing and are trying to make it happen, and Intex there was at the time one of the few partnerships going on that would yield out deviced. I got burned on the 4G, because the rural area 800 MHz I would mostly need is the one frequency missing.

It was a calculated risk that realized; I came to learn my workplace is about half a mile outside of the other 4G frequency coverage areas.

Lempo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 01:16 AM
bisonbutt
Dark Helmets brother

Quote:
I haven't gone through all the comments yet, but have you visited the one plus mobile site?

They currently have a oneplus 3 model that is flagship comparable and a fair price in my mind. If someone has already mentioned this my apologies.

bisonbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 09:59 AM
Gm0ney
Unicorns salient

Thanks for all the responses! I'll look around and see if I can't find something cheap and decent.

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 12:08 PM
LadyJet26
WHITEOUT

Quote:
Thanks for all the responses! I'll look around and see if I can't find something cheap and decent.
I have a samsung S5 thats in decent shape. It's locked to Rogers

LadyJet26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 12:51 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
Monorail for Tempe

vCash: 949
Job interview guide:

Tom ServoMST3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 03:19 AM
Jets 31

Ok has anyone driven on the bridge on #1 and plessis ? It's been down to 1 lane for OVER A YEAR now and you never see anyone working on it . Well i finally got pissed enough to find out what was going on and all i can say is WOW !!! Talked to a higher-up in Manitoba highways and it's goddamn CN rail that is causing the long delay . The guy from Manitoba highways said they have less than a day of work left but the CN rail won't let them work . The government , you and me , have been paying a contracter to just sit there and do nothing for months ... Unbelievable , and we wonder why are taxes are so high .

Jets 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 03:49 AM
flyingkiwi
Let's gone Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets 31 View Post
Ok has anyone driven on the bridge on #1 and plessis ? It's been down to 1 lane for OVER A YEAR now and you never see anyone working on it . Well i finally got pissed enough to find out what was going on and all i can say is WOW !!! Talked to a higher-up in Manitoba highways and it's goddamn CN rail that is causing the long delay . The guy from Manitoba highways said they have less than a day of work left but the CN rail won't let them work . The government , you and me , have been paying a contracter to just sit there and do nothing for months ... Unbelievable , and we wonder why are taxes are so high .
That does seem ridiculous.

At least you don't have to pay to go to a doctor. I recently changed GP, consult fee went from $32 to $15 so I can't complain too much.

Getting home today was a nightmare. I really have to hand it to Adele for making a city of over a million people's transport systems grind to a halt.

flyingkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote