HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills 2017 Offseason: Part I - Free Agency & NFL Draft

Old
03-17-2017, 11:37 AM
Vidual

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxSabre View Post
Thanks buffalo.

Vidual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 11:44 AM
Husko

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by 26CornerBlitz View Post
Miller is firmly entrenched at the starting RG.
He was under the last coaching staff. But a lot of people think he's not all that good. Wouldn't shock me if a new coaching staff sees it as a more open competition.

Husko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 12:23 PM
Jim Bob
I Believe

http://thebiglead.com/2017/03/17/rex...nfl-countdown/

Quote:
Rex Ryan will be joining ESPNís NFL Countdown full-time, as first reported by Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. The report says it is a multi-year deal. An ESPN spokesperson declined to comment on the story for The Big Lead.

The news hardly comes as a surprise. The former Bills and Jets head coach was part of ESPNís Super Bowl pregame coverage. At the time, Sports Business Journalís John Ourand wrote that this ďclearly makes ESPN a front-runner to sign Ryan to a longer deal if heís unable to find a coaching job he likes.Ē

With Chris Berman out, Countdown will be a lot different next year. SIís Richard Deitsch reported earlier this month that the hosting job on Sundays is Sam Ponderís to turn down and that Suzy Kolber will be hosting Mondays.

Rex Ryan is a logical addition on paper because heís spent the last decade being boisterous and talking without a filter. This rubs a lot of people the wrong way, and there were times when his teams underperformed that this act wore thin. Anecdotally, his name in headlines began to suffer reader fatigue.

Jim Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 06:03 PM
Takeo

Pretty sure the Bills only have about 60 players on their roster. They carry 90 for camp. This has got to be one of the worst rosters in football. Talent-wise and sheer numbers. They could sign 20 UDFAs lol.

Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 07:37 PM
missingmika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
Pretty sure the Bills only have about 60 players on their roster. They carry 90 for camp. This has got to be one of the worst rosters in football. Talent-wise and sheer numbers. They could sign 20 UDFAs lol.
Yea the Packers signed 23 UDFAs last year, so the number of UDFAs you sign is really an indication of roster talent. Broncos signed 21 last year. Raiders 22. Falcons 21.

I guess you're loling because they're not signing 21 like the Falcons last year?

missingmika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 10:07 AM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husko View Post
The other issue is, is it worth it to have two highly picked high profile WRs on a team that isn't going to throw the ball 30 times a game?

I'm fine with WR or S or even LB at 10 (any LBs worth it?). I'd be frustrated if we picked a CB after letting Gilmore walk. It would basically say if the CB we pick at 10 pans out, we have no intention of keeping him past his rookie deal. Value the position or don't value it.
Gilmore wanted top 5 in the league money. Which he simply isn't worth.

Mike McDermott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 03:25 PM
26CornerBlitz

03-18-2017, 03:59 PM
Vidual

I really really like the Holmes signing. He got pushed down the depth chart by some really good WRs in Oakland, but he still contributed in a lot of ways and has some potential.

Vidual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 04:34 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmika View Post
Yea the Packers signed 23 UDFAs last year, so the number of UDFAs you sign is really an indication of roster talent. Broncos signed 21 last year. Raiders 22. Falcons 21.

I guess you're loling because they're not signing 21 like the Falcons last year?
Here's an idea. Let's debate a couple teams who sign a lot of UDFAs and ignore the overall point. Apparently that's a productive conversation in your mind, or at least a good dig lol.

I like Holmes, but he isn't a starter. Perhaps on this roster he is by default, but he shouldn't be. If they still take a pass catcher with an early pick it could be a decent corps. He's quality depth and a prudent signing no doubt.

Old
03-18-2017, 07:08 PM
is the answer jesus

I like the Holmes signing even if he is more of a really good #3/below average #2 WR. They obviously still have to get a another guy in here, whether that be via free agency or the draft.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 09:46 AM
Leelee Phoenix

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
RG Miller-Ducasse
RT Mills-Ducasse
Wow, Seantrel might be better than them.

Leelee Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 11:59 AM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidual View Post
I really really like the Holmes signing. He got pushed down the depth chart by some really good WRs in Oakland, but he still contributed in a lot of ways and has some potential.
For some reason, I always thought he was a shorter guy.

Glad to see us get a guy with size. If we take a WR at 10, running with a top trio of Watkins-X-Holmes should be just fine.

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 10:51 AM
Leelee Phoenix

Holmes was surpassed by Seth Roberts, which does not bode well. He's just another poo flung at the wall hoping it sticks.

Old
03-20-2017, 11:21 AM
26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 02:50 PM
Leelee Phoenix

I'm being negative, etc... but, this roster really doesn't look good.

WR, CB, right OL, the depth overall... eek. I know there's more time, but they're not addressing all this.

It looks like a team that should 'rebuild' but isn't at all.

Old
03-20-2017, 04:02 PM
SoFFacet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelee Phoenix View Post
I'm being negative, etc... but, this roster really doesn't look good.

WR, CB, right OL, the depth overall... eek. I know there's more time, but they're not addressing all this.

It looks like a team that should 'rebuild' but isn't at all.
It's basically the same team as last year but with the DBs redone. Worse on paper in the short term, better financially going forward, and good enough to evaluate the performance of the new coaching staff. That's what matters to me this coming season.

SoFFacet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 08:17 AM
makeitburn
PUCKGASM

Overall I don't see a major difference in the roster. It'll be up to the coaches to prove their worth.

makeitburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 08:18 AM
26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 08:54 AM
SoFFacet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26CornerBlitz View Post
Peppers is a possible choice I'm warming up to. It seems like the new staff is prioritizing versatility in secondary, and Peppers is nothing if not versatile.

I'm really interested to see where Kevin King goes. Seems like he's been overshadowed by Jones, but ever since the injury, people have magically noticed him. The guy is currently #1 in this tape-only CB scouting report, which that guy has been doing for several years and is usually fairly accurate.

SoFFacet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 09:07 AM
Push Dr Tracksuit
Gerstmann 3:16

I think I watched as many Michigan games as I did Bills games. Peppers was certainly a thrill to watch but I never came away thinking he was a game changing type at the NFL level. I'm as far from an expert in the subject as you can get but I think his value is late 1st round and I hope our needs and desire for versatility don't inflate his value.

Push Dr Tracksuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 11:20 AM
Ristoreilly
aka jawallstar1

Since playoffs are unlikely given our schedule, would anyone be opposed to drafting Sidney Jones in round 2? He probably won't play the majority of the season, but before the injury he was rated as the #1 CB on the board.

Ristoreilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 05:26 PM
Takeo

Looks like Zach Brown's new reps are trying to ramp up a bidding war with a Buffalo "visit".

Old
03-21-2017, 07:21 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristoreilly View Post
Since playoffs are unlikely given our schedule, would anyone be opposed to drafting Sidney Jones in round 2? He probably won't play the majority of the season, but before the injury he was rated as the #1 CB on the board.
Supposedly he'll be working out by July but I wouldn't count on him. This roster is no position for a luxury pick. Ideally they find starters at CB, WR, and RT in the first three rounds.

Old
03-21-2017, 08:24 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Push Dr Tracksuit View Post
I think I watched as many Michigan games as I did Bills games. Peppers was certainly a thrill to watch but I never came away thinking he was a game changing type at the NFL level. I'm as far from an expert in the subject as you can get but I think his value is late 1st round and I hope our needs and desire for versatility don't inflate his value.
He's better with the ball in his hands than he is as a defender. That said, a good coach would move him all over the field and make defenses try to figure out what he's going to do. Don't expect a ball hawk or turnover machine though.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 09:14 PM
SundherDome
Get to the Draft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristoreilly View Post
Yes, but it would need to be a late 2nd we aquired after a trade down, but I doubt he is there.

SundherDome is offline   Reply With Quote