HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Russia U20 National Team - WJC-2018

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2017, 10:50 AM
  #26
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
svechnikov is already a way better than kostin.
I think Bragin will be very tempted to break his own rules and include Svechnikov on the U20 roster. No need to wait for aging with talent like Svechnikov has to offer.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 03:08 PM
  #27
Fantomas
Registered User
 
Fantomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
svechnikov is already a way better than kostin.
I also don't think that a Maltsev-Rubtsov-Kostin line would score at all.

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 06:54 PM
  #28
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 4,014
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
I want to clarify this is simply a depth chart of roughly were the guys might be, not specific line combos, Sokolov is a winger but is listed as forward so I plugged him to center. For example, say Alexeyev somehow gets on the team, he will not be playing on the 4th line he would without a doubt be lining up next to Kostin, wherever that is.

Also the goaltenders, everyone seems to like Suhkachev, but IMO he could end up 3rd in the pecking order. I would at least like to see Berdin get an honest opportunity at the starting gig, he stole the show at the U19s and covers a lot more net than the acrobatic Suhkachev. Personally Suhkachevs style makes me nervous especially if the D turns out to be sub-par.

Forwards will be the most interesting, 3 potential all-star 17 year olds in a year where there is a tonne of depth at the 18-19 year old levels. It is likely that Abramov, Kosorenkov and Sokolov all blow past 50 goals next season. In addition, Popugaev looks to be a contender and Kuznetsov has been one of the hottest Russian players in the CHL the past month or so (5g in past 2 games). Throw inSvechnikov and a guy like Alexeyev (has an outside shot) and that is 8 guys from the CHL. I just cant see Bragin going with that.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 10:15 PM
  #29
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
I want to clarify this is simply a depth chart of roughly were the guys might be, not specific line combos, Sokolov is a winger but is listed as forward so I plugged him to center. For example, say Alexeyev somehow gets on the team, he will not be playing on the 4th line he would without a doubt be lining up next to Kostin, wherever that is.

Also the goaltenders, everyone seems to like Suhkachev, but IMO he could end up 3rd in the pecking order. I would at least like to see Berdin get an honest opportunity at the starting gig, he stole the show at the U19s and covers a lot more net than the acrobatic Suhkachev. Personally Suhkachevs style makes me nervous especially if the D turns out to be sub-par.

Forwards will be the most interesting, 3 potential all-star 17 year olds in a year where there is a tonne of depth at the 18-19 year old levels. It is likely that Abramov, Kosorenkov and Sokolov all blow past 50 goals next season. In addition, Popugaev looks to be a contender and Kuznetsov has been one of the hottest Russian players in the CHL the past month or so (5g in past 2 games). Throw inSvechnikov and a guy like Alexeyev (has an outside shot) and that is 8 guys from the CHL. I just cant see Bragin going with that.
There is no way Sokolov plays center, Svechnikov would be more likely imo out of the wingers, Sokolovs skillset is just not fit for the wing his sharing of the puck and defensive game are his biggest weakness and those are crucial for a center. Abramov is also almost 67 % on faceoffs this year in his 69 attempts though its likely he slides back into the wing when the play starts. I don't think he would be bad at center if needed.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 10:31 AM
  #30
Pavel Buchnevich
AV AND GORTON OUT
 
Pavel Buchnevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 17,750
vCash: 500
There are enough centers, wingers don't need to be moved to center.

Could run something like this

Kosorenkov-Rubtsov-Abramov
Veryayev-Shvyryov-Svechnikov
Sokolov-Lipanov-Khovanov
Maltsev-Koltygin-Kostin

Pavel Buchnevich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 10:38 AM
  #31
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 11,697
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
I don't think Bragin is as closed to foreign players, as he wants to see a real effort during the series.
If he sees it, he will call them up.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 02:02 PM
  #32
Fantomas
Registered User
 
Fantomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
There are enough centers, wingers don't need to be moved to center.

Could run something like this

Kosorenkov-Rubtsov-Abramov
Veryayev-Shvyryov-Svechnikov
Sokolov-Lipanov-Khovanov
Maltsev-Koltygin-Kostin
Maltsev's faceoff skills are wasted here though. But not bad.

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 02:02 PM
  #33
Fantomas
Registered User
 
Fantomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,810
vCash: 500
I'm not worried about the forwards next year. It's the defense that looks like complete rubbish.

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2017, 07:11 PM
  #34
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 4,014
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
There is no way Sokolov plays center, Svechnikov would be more likely imo out of the wingers, Sokolovs skillset is just not fit for the wing his sharing of the puck and defensive game are his biggest weakness and those are crucial for a center. Abramov is also almost 67 % on faceoffs this year in his 69 attempts though its likely he slides back into the wing when the play starts. I don't think he would be bad at center if needed.
I know hes not centre, I already clarified that the list was quick and dirty, please, spare us with the nitpicking.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2017, 07:18 PM
  #35
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 4,014
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Someone in one of these threads criticized Kuznetsov for being in contention. Whoever that was you are behind the times. 10g and 15p in last 7 games. I am watching the BAT game tonight to check in on him and Miromanov. Nothing but positives. Big guy with lots of skill, maybe underachieved 2nd half last season and 1st half this season but he has gone mad the past couple months.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2017, 08:51 PM
  #36
Pavel Buchnevich
AV AND GORTON OUT
 
Pavel Buchnevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 17,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Someone in one of these threads criticized Kuznetsov for being in contention. Whoever that was you are behind the times. 10g and 15p in last 7 games. I am watching the BAT game tonight to check in on him and Miromanov. Nothing but positives. Big guy with lots of skill, maybe underachieved 2nd half last season and 1st half this season but he has gone mad the past couple months.
That was me.

His stats are still really unimpressive, and I haven't been impressed the few times I've seen him play. He might just be playing well the past few weeks. Maybe you are right, I really don't know, but I certainly would not consider him one of the best candidates for this team.

Pavel Buchnevich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2017, 12:37 PM
  #37
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 4,014
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
That was me.

His stats are still really unimpressive, and I haven't been impressed the few times I've seen him play. He might just be playing well the past few weeks. Maybe you are right, I really don't know, but I certainly would not consider him one of the best candidates for this team.
Ok, IMO he will be invited to the Super Series. Only way he does not earn a spot is that there will be more depth on forward that the team has seen in years, see below. Maybe he is simply outplayed in camp, but no way he does not get the call.

Completely reasonable to expect Sokolov and Abramov to be 60 goal scorers and lead there leagues in scoring next year. In addition Kosorenkov, Rubtsov, Popugaev and Kuznetsov likely to hit the 40 goal mark next season. Throw in Svechnikov. Thats serious offense considering those are only the guys from NA.

Also dont judge him on stats. The stats will be there next season, its the player you need to judge, big man who can move + lots of skill with NT experience. Past month he has almost same stats as Abramov BTW

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2017, 01:38 PM
  #38
Caser
Moderator
@RUSProspects
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga/Yaroslavl
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,843
vCash: 500
Interesting that if this year we had quite a competition for LW roster spots, then next year it seems that there is much more depth at RW: Abramov and Sokolov are basically RW-only; Kostin also prefer RW position, not to mention Svechnikov.

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2017, 08:35 PM
  #39
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
Interesting that if this year we had quite a competition for LW roster spots, then next year it seems that there is much more depth at RW: Abramov and Sokolov are basically RW-only; Kostin also prefer RW position, not to mention Svechnikov.
Russian wingers are usually quite versatile, I'm sure Abramov can play the left side, not sure about the others.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2017, 10:07 PM
  #40
MaxV
Registered User
 
MaxV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York, NY
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
That was me.

His stats are still really unimpressive, and I haven't been impressed the few times I've seen him play. He might just be playing well the past few weeks. Maybe you are right, I really don't know, but I certainly would not consider him one of the best candidates for this team.
Considering his stats were flat out awful at the beginning of the season, it's very impressive that he is a currently PPG.

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 04:33 PM
  #41
Caser
Moderator
@RUSProspects
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga/Yaroslavl
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,843
vCash: 500
Extended roster for the 5 Nations in Czech Republic (April 1st-6th):

GK
Ilya Konovalov
Dmitriy Lozebnikov
Alexey Melnichuk

D
Dmitriy Alexeyev
Maxim Afanasyev
Konstantin Chernyuk
Alexandr Kalinin
Ivan Kovalyov
Roman Krivosheyev
Daniil Kurashov
Leonid Lavrinenko
Alexandr Sevostyanov
Yegor Zaitsev

FW
Georgiy Ivanov
Vladislav Kara
Artur Kayumov
Kirill Koshurnikov
Artyom Manukyan
Yuriy Muravyov
Anton Nazarevich
Alexei Polodyan
Maxim Rasseikin
Andrei Revatskiy
Marsel Sholokhov
Igor Shvyryov
Danila Tsyganov
Anton Vasilyev
Danil Veryayev

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 04:51 PM
  #42
Alessandro Seren Rosso
HFB Partner
 
Alessandro Seren Rosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Europe
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 5,025
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Tryouts roster mostly.

__________________
Алексей Черепанов навсегда в наших сердцах
Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 05:22 PM
  #43
MaxV
Registered User
 
MaxV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York, NY
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,806
vCash: 500
Manukyan!

This is where the legend begins.

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.