HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Murray

Old
03-20-2017, 12:40 PM
major major

vCash: 500
Murray in peak form is a hell of a d-man. I don't think we've seen that this year. He hasn't been any better than Quincey.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 01:57 PM
EDM

Seems to me he has been in "peak form" for maybe 5 games in the last three years.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 03:03 PM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Seems to me he has been in "peak form" for maybe 5 games in the last three years.
Damn. We agree twice within minutes.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 03:11 PM
We Want Ten
Gameday Drinker

I have a hard time assessing Murray since he's been on his off side paired with a rookie most of the year. That being, I don't think he will ever be what he was hoped to be.

We Want Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 03:42 PM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
Murray in peak form is a hell of a d-man. I don't think we've seen that this year. He hasn't been any better than Quincey.
He's an "elite" 5/6D in peak form.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 04:07 PM
CBJWennberg10
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkandStormy View Post
He had a hairline fracture of his foot in the '14 playoffs, I think. Or was that someone else?
Pretty certain it was a knee. He had it scoped like 4 times that summer and season following IIRC.

CBJWennberg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 04:19 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeFinn View Post
Wouldn't it be great to have Murray injected into the lineup come playoffs time with his skating improved and his body completely healthy?
Right on, not very many optimistic posters when it comes to Ryan Murray but I love the guys play & he will just keep getting better. Murray doesn't score like Werenski, but he can skate with the puck and can make that tape to tape pass that Torts system requires. Ryan Murray is a Jay Bowmeister kind of player - he won't throw up big numbers but he is a steady guy in the blue line. @23 he hasn't touched what he will be in 3-5 more years.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 04:54 PM
MoeBartoli
Chex-to-Jax

I think Murray is a decent DMan though I don't rate him as high you as some, especially when it comes to carrying the puck.

It's a given we will protect Murray and expose JJ in the expansion draft and there are good reasons for doing so. Yet - and I'm sure I'll get hammered for this - I think our top two pairings of Jones/Zach and Savard/Johnson are more effective line up than any top two pairings you can line up from the pool of Jones/Zach/Savard/Murray.

MoeBartoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 06:12 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeBartoli View Post
I think Murray is a decent DMan though I don't rate him as high you as some, especially when it comes to carrying the puck.

It's a given we will protect Murray and expose JJ in the expansion draft and there are good reasons for doing so. Yet - and I'm sure I'll get hammered for this - I think our top two pairings of Jones/Zach and Savard/Johnson are more effective line up than any top two pairings you can line up from the pool of Jones/Zach/Savard/Murray.
Werenski - Savard
Murray - Jones

There did it.

I'm with you though - I don't think Murray's skating is good right now and it makes him a less effective puck mover. He'll need to get better and I don't see any guarantee he will.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote