HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Panic Mode

Old
03-20-2017, 04:55 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan
Blackhawk Down

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
Maybe, if he signs in Vegas or something... But it's not unusual to see a player take less to play on a contender tho.
Hanzal is going to get like double that amount. Panik's going to get close to two million on a one year deal.

03-20-2017, 04:56 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheRoar View Post
What makes you think Hanzal is only getting 2.5?
I don't know what he's going to get, every year has it's surprises. Some guys sign bargain deals on contenders and others are overpaid by bottom dwellers.

I just see GM's being more conservative that's all.

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 04:57 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Hanzal is going to get like double that amount. Panik's going to get close to two million on a one year deal.
Supply and demand economics don't show that.

Old
03-20-2017, 05:02 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan
Blackhawk Down

There's a limited amount of good hockey players. There's no shortage of demand for them. It's exactly how it works.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 05:10 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
There's a limited amount of good hockey players. There's no shortage of demand for them. It's exactly how it works.
There is a shortage of cap space, there are indeed more quality players that are UFA's than roster spots..

I love Panik but lets not forget that he's playing with Toews... You think Panik could carry a line?.... Presently he's nothing more than a complementary player that has worked hard to find a role in the NHL...

He's going to sign whatever Bowman throws at him.

The notion he's some seasoned proven vet that can take over a line is just asinine... sorry bro...

Old
03-20-2017, 05:14 PM
Hawksfan2828

I see Panik signing for 1.25-1.75 for 1 or 2 years, enough to get him into UFA.... Now, if he's still a .50 ppg player in a couple of years, he's absolutely going to cash in on a 3.5 per 4 year deal...

Panik isn't there yet.

Old
03-20-2017, 05:19 PM
Toews2Bickell
It's Showtime

I'm all on board for saying no to Panik at 2.5m if we can land Geno. Maybe Panik can be apart of that package. A strong playoff could make him a center piece of that deal.

Toews2Bickell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 05:21 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan
Blackhawk Down

Quote:
There is a shortage of cap space, there are indeed more quality players that are UFA's than roster spots..

I love Panik but lets not forget that he's playing with Toews... You think Panik could carry a line?.... Presently he's nothing more than a complementary player that has worked hard to find a role in the NHL...

He's going to sign whatever Bowman throws at him.

The notion he's some seasoned proven vet that can take over a line is just asinine... sorry bro...
Put a lot of words in my mouth with this post. Guess we will just have to wait and see what he gets but I'd be floored if he signs for the 1.25 you've suggested.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 05:23 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughboy Cashout View Post
I'm all on board for saying no to Panik at 2.5m if we can land Geno. Maybe Panik can be apart of that package. A strong playoff could make him a center piece of that deal.
Geno?

I'm comfortable with AA and Toews. Lets not forget the Hawks cant take on another 9 per in cap space, lol.

Please propose a deal tho, I would love to see it..

Old
03-20-2017, 05:26 PM
Toews2Bickell
It's Showtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan2828 View Post
geno?

I'm comfortable with aa and toews. Lets not forget the hawks cant take on another 9 per in cap space, lol.

Please propose a deal tho, i would love to see it..

Old
03-20-2017, 05:32 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
That was a wild rumor, I just don't see how it would work tho... It would just be too big of a deal for both teams, not only that but both teams are already contenders.

Old
03-20-2017, 05:37 PM
Toews2Bickell
It's Showtime

I'm derailing the thread. That was just my favorite rumor in a long time. #FreeGeno

Old
03-20-2017, 06:14 PM
Sir Loin

Quote:

Oddly enough, the first thing I thought of when I started reading this thread.

Sir Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 06:28 PM
BobbyJet
Casual fan - Free Q

Panik has proven to be quite valuable. He has the unique ability to stick handle in a phone booth, and he is physical. He is playing like a more physical JVR.

I hope he stays.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 07:24 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Panik has proven to be quite valuable. He has the unique ability to stick handle in a phone booth, and he is physical. He is playing like a more physical JVR.

I hope he stays.
Oh he will stay, he has more value to the Hawks than any other team...

Only real problem is I think the Hawks have too many good young players..

Yeah I know, it's a good "problem" to have, but we only have X amount of spots for these kids and Panik, Hartman, Schmaltz, Hinostroza and even Kero have all been good and then we have DeBrincat and Motte - not to mention a few other guys that could compete for a roster spot as well..

What do you really do with all these kids?

It's been quite a year for all of them.

I think the evaluation process at camp is going to be quite the feat considering even guys that don't make the team should have made the team..

A lot of these guys would have NHL jobs on just about every other franchise.

Old
03-20-2017, 07:49 PM
clydesdale line

People who think he'll sign for less than 2 million are out to lunch (unless he takes a 1 year deal so he can be a UFA or something). I can easily see him getting 2.5-3. I'm thinking Stan gives him the Frolik deal from a few years back, maybe a touch under. 2-3 years, 6-7 million (2-2.33 mil cap hit) that way he can cash in later on. Puts him in the same time frame with Panarin to try and squeeze a couple of more cups out of this group.

clydesdale line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 08:01 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale line View Post
People who think he'll sign for less than 2 million are out to lunch (unless he takes a 1 year deal so he can be a UFA or something). I can easily see him getting 2.5-3. I'm thinking Stan gives him the Frolik deal from a few years back, maybe a touch under. 2-3 years, 6-7 million (2-2.33 mil cap hit) that way he can cash in later on. Puts him in the same time frame with Panarin to try and squeeze a couple of more cups out of this group.
Let me ask you this, if you were a GM would you offer sheet Panik given all the talent this UFA market has to offer? would you waste a pick + 2+ million on him?

Also, when was the last time a RFA like Panik was offered an offer sheet? just doesn't happen.

Panik will get qualified obviously, then he will get a raise for sure, but the notion he's going to get 2+ is absurd right now.... Yes, if he continues to play the way he's been playing he will certainly cash in as a UFA, but remember presently he's still an RFA and that matters for right now.

Remember Panik is still young and he does have potential (but many guys his age are in the same position) but he really has proven nothing - he was never a highly touted prospect on any GM's radar..... So..

Old
03-20-2017, 08:20 PM
clydesdale line

Quote:
Let me ask you this, if you were a GM would you offer sheet Panik given all the talent this UFA market has to offer? would you waste a pick + 2+ million on him?
Offer sheet him? No, but his age alone could be enticing to a team, although its doubtful. Stan however has given out some contracts in the past which were on the high side to many (Seabrook, Kruger, etc) though so I can see it here too. I would love to be wrong about him getting less than 2 million (again, only way I can definitely see it is if he took a 1 year deal which takes him to UFA) but I don't see it. But hey, if he gets 2.1, I'm still technically right.

clydesdale line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 08:28 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale line View Post
Offer sheet him? No, but his age alone could be enticing to a team, although its doubtful. Stan however has given out some contracts in the past which were on the high side to many (Seabrook, Kruger, etc) though so I can see it here too. I would love to be wrong about him getting less than 2 million (again, only way I can definitely see it is if he took a 1 year deal which takes him to UFA) but I don't see it. But hey, if he gets 2.1, I'm still technically right.
Indeed, Stan has handed out some questionable contracts - no argument there, however the only way I see Panik getting 2+ would be on a long term deal but a long term deal makes no sense for Panik right now, he's what? a year away from being a UFA?.... Like I said he's going to get paid if he keeps playing the way he's been but presently he is still cost controlled.

Also, I think GM's are going to be more conservative, no longer can they throw insane deals at players because they had one good season.. I mean half the league is up against the cap as it is and GM's have their own guys that need raises..

Lets also not forget that there are still guys like Drouin out there so if you're going to offer sheet someone it would be a guy like him...

Old
03-20-2017, 08:54 PM
Marotte Marauder

I think there always a bunch of "unofficial" offer sheets given each year. Hey kid, we can you sign you for this. Interested?

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 09:31 AM
Corax

I think 2,2 - 2,4 and if he gets more goals under belt he will be an asset, wheather for trading or for the team.
Pretty sure they dont let him walk and he knows he can bump up his value for the future by playing with Toews.

Corax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 02:03 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
I think there always a bunch of "unofficial" offer sheets given each year. Hey kid, we can you sign you for this. Interested?
Unofficial "feelers" are absolutely floated about.

Blue Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2017, 12:18 PM
bobbydigital

I think Panik understands the correlation between the success he is having and the team is playing on. Also, the Hawks took a chance on him and I believe that goes a long way for a player. So I agree with the $2.2-$2.5 million range. They can't let a player who can put up 20+ goals walk.

bobbydigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2017, 01:04 PM
JaegerDice
Q Gonna Q

Anything above 2 million is a 'thank you for your services, best of luck with your future endeavors' price.

JaegerDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2017, 01:14 PM
Blackhawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaegerDice View Post
Anything above 2 million is a 'thank you for your services, best of luck with your future endeavors' price.
You keep proving again and again that you know nothing about the game of hockey, Panic is a BEAST out there, really the only true power forward heavy weight winger on the team with an incredible shot and just keeps getting better in every aspect of the game as his confidence increases. If he gives Stan 2 years at 2.5 he should shut up and kiss his feet because that will be money amazingly spent.

Blackhawks is online now   Reply With Quote