HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Realistically who can challenge the Penguins?

Old
03-20-2017, 05:19 PM
ThatSaid

vCash: 500
This thread kind of sleeps on the Hawks. We have minor health problems, but everyone should be 100% by the playoffs. Caps look pretty good too. Its not like the Pens have an easy road to the SCF. Hawk's look like we have a relatively easy road (sorry Minny.)

I don't think the Pens are the team in the East best equipped for the Hawks. I'd rather see them than Columbus or Washington if I'm being honest.

ThatSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 05:26 PM
JaegerDice
Q Gonna Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSaid View Post
This thread kind of sleeps on the Hawks. We have minor health problems, but everyone should be 100% by the playoffs. Caps look pretty good too. Its not like the Pens have an easy road to the SCF. Hawk's look like we have a relatively easy road (sorry Minny.)

I don't think the Pens are the team in the East best equipped for the Hawks. I'd rather see them than Columbus or Washington if I'm being honest.

You're nuts. There's nothing the Blackhawks have more trouble with than straight up speed. Add the skill that the Pens can play with at speed, and they are a nightmare matchup.

JaegerDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 05:26 PM
NeedleInTheHay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSaid View Post

The Hawks are just a worse version of the Pens, I'm not worried about them at all.

The Wild are the only team that scares me out west.

NeedleInTheHay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 05:29 PM
ThatSaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaegerDice View Post
[/b]

You're nuts. There's nothing the Blackhawks have more trouble with than straight up speed. Add the skill that the Pens can play with at speed, and they are a nightmare matchup.
I think we trade chances with the best of them. What worries me are teams that jam up the neutral zone and take away space at the blue-line. I'll take the injury-riddled back-end of the Penguins over either of the other two I mentioned. I realize I'm probably in the minority here, but a trapping Columbus team with Bob in the net is way more scary to me.

ThatSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 05:33 PM
Keithsteeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedleInTheHay View Post
The Hawks are just a worse version of the Pens, I'm not worried about them at all.

The Wild are the only team that scares me out west.
I have no idea who would win in the Hawks vs the Pens... but this is just stupid. The Hawks are a very different team from the Penguins. They are a much better defensive team, while the Penguins have the better offense

Keithsteeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 05:43 PM
66-30-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithsteeth View Post
I have no idea who would win in the Hawks vs the Pens... but this is just stupid. The Hawks are a very different team from the Penguins. They are a much better defensive team, while the Penguins have the better offense
Yep Hawks have 3 cups in 7 years, Pens have got 1 cup in 7 years. Pretty sure our Pens should worry about them, they still ripe for another cup.

66-30-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 06:29 PM
naustic

There are so many things that need to go right to win the cup and almost no team wins it without a few lucky bounces, momentum, good goaltending, etc. The penguins have put themselves in a great position to take another run at the championship. There are several teams who have also set themselves up in great position to contend. It should be a helluva playoffs 2017.

naustic is offline   Reply With Quote