HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets Recall Nelson Nogier

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2017, 04:20 PM
  #51
csk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbill2004 View Post
He's a stay at home, shut-down defender. Good at blocking shots. Reminds me a little of Ron Hainsey.
AHL version of Hainsey though... at least at this point in his career

csk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 06:47 PM
  #52
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,631
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffus23 View Post
I suspect we may see all the AHLers, Poolman and possibly Green (one game?) play a few games this year. Wonder if Stanley will be healed in-time for a few games?

need to have a poll going on who will get playing time.
Stanley will still be playing long after the Jets are golfing. There is 0 chance of him playing an NHL or AHL game this year. His team is hosting the mem cup so play-offs have no bearing, they are going.

Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 12:05 PM
  #53
Jimby
Reformed Optimist
 
Jimby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 729
vCash: 168
With Nogier playing his first game tonight it is a good time to remember this:

WHL Scholastic Players of the Year Winners:


2013-14 Nelson Nogier, Saskaton
2012-13 Josh Morrissey, Prince Albert
2009-10 Adam Lowry, Swift Current
1987-88 Kevin Cheveldayoff, Brandon


Good luck Nelson!

Jimby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 12:07 PM
  #54
Aavco Cup
Registered User
 
Aavco Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,471
vCash: 300
His family and friends will likely fill a bunch of otherwise unsold seats

Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 12:10 PM
  #55
Howard Chuck
Registered User
 
Howard Chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimby View Post
With Nogier playing his first game tonight it is a good time to remember this:

WHL Scholastic Players of the Year Winners:


2013-14 Nelson Nogier, Saskaton
2012-13 Josh Morrissey, Prince Albert
2009-10 Adam Lowry, Swift Current
1987-88 Kevin Cheveldayoff, Brandon


Good luck Nelson!
So he's as good as Morrissey!

Seriously, I'm looking forward to taking a look. I enjoy seeing the young guys get their first shot after we are eliminated.

Howard Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 12:37 PM
  #56
jetsforever
Registered User
 
jetsforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 5,507
vCash: 500
Answer: Nelson Nogier
Question: Who is the last person in the world I expected to be playing tonight?

Good to see though, he can't be worse than Stuart right? Good luck to him

jetsforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 02:36 PM
  #57
mazmin
Go! Jets! Go!
 
mazmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimby View Post
WHL Scholastic Players of the Year Winners:


2013-14 Nelson Nogier, Saskaton
2012-13 Josh Morrissey, Prince Albert
2009-10 Adam Lowry, Swift Current
1987-88 Kevin Cheveldayoff, Brandon
Big head, good for blocking shots.

mazmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 02:39 PM
  #58
ps241
Playoff push 2017
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 21,114
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
Answer: Nelson Nogier
Question: Who is the last person in the world I expected to be playing tonight?

Good to see though, he can't be worse than Stuart right? Good luck to him
I don't see that being humanly possible at this point in Stu's career.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 05:09 PM
  #59
blues10
Registered User
 
blues10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,279
vCash: 500
Always nice to see a guy play his 1st game in the show. Even better when his family had time to travel to the game.

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 05:26 PM
  #60
Channelcat
Registered User
 
Channelcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,879
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimby View Post
With Nogier playing his first game tonight it is a good time to remember this:

WHL Scholastic Players of the Year Winners:


2013-14 Nelson Nogier, Saskaton
2012-13 Josh Morrissey, Prince Albert
2009-10 Adam Lowry, Swift Current
1987-88 Kevin Cheveldayoff, Brandon


Good luck Nelson!
Thats fascinating, hadn't realized. Maybe we won't be the leagues dumbest team for long. Those guys all seem very sharp. Listening to Nogier talk today he kinda reminded me of Scheifele.....starting to see a trend, TNSE clearly likes these perky, hockey nerd types. Attitude above skill it would seem, although clearly Sheif is a high skill player as well.

Channelcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 06:27 PM
  #61
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain
 
nobody important's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: a quiet suburb
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Funnest Fact: Dustin Brown was OHL Scholastic Player of the Year for 3 years running (2000-2003).
Clearly, Westerners are smarter than Easterners.

nobody important is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 06:36 PM
  #62
John Agar
The 4th Hanson Bro'
 
John Agar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,270
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
Clearly, Westerners are smarter than Easterners.
Watch what you say...

If you believe the World is round...

You are always East of someone...

John Agar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 09:50 PM
  #63
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 26,803
vCash: 500
Congrats to Nogier for his first game. Played fine. Was better early on. Playing with Stu is not easy.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 09:52 PM
  #64
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,128
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Congrats to Nogier for his first game. Played fine. Was better early on. Playing with Stu is not easy.
I was pretty impressed with his skating and decision making, especially for someone making their NHL debut.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 09:54 PM
  #65
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 26,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
I was pretty impressed with his skating and decision making, especially for someone making their NHL debut.
Smart kid. Works hard. Skates well. Lacks some poise with the puck, but might turn into a depth / replacement type D yo-yoing up and down from the AHL.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 09:55 PM
  #66
TheGovernment
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Yup, I though he played a good game, especially it being his first in the NHL! Good for him.

TheGovernment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 11:27 PM
  #67
uTurris
We the True North
 
uTurris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimby View Post
Nogier will be better than Stuart.
Hoping Stuart ends up with the Moose next season. He could bring the veteran presence Mike Keane brought.

uTurris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 02:50 AM
  #68
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 26,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uTurris View Post
Hoping Stuart ends up with the Moose next season. He could bring the veteran presence Mike Keane brought.
Addition by subtraction for the Jets.

I've been very harsh on Stuart, but I do admire his effort and professionalism. It might be a bit of a quaint notion, but I like the idea of the Jets building up a strong organizational culture around high character individuals, including current players, past players, management, etc. Winnipeg is a unique market, and the Jets are a big deal. They need to "fit" and we should have reason to appreciate them beyond on-ice performance per se.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 04:28 AM
  #69
ps241
Playoff push 2017
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 21,114
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Addition by subtraction for the Jets.

I've been very harsh on Stuart, but I do admire his effort and professionalism. It might be a bit of a quaint notion, but I like the idea of the Jets building up a strong organizational culture around high character individuals, including current players, past players, management, etc. Winnipeg is a unique market, and the Jets are a big deal. They need to "fit" and we should have reason to appreciate them beyond on-ice performance per se.
I have been really harsh on Stu too but it is 100% to do with his on ice performance. As you mentioned I have never doubted his heart, leadership, and professionalism. Off the ice the guy is gold standard level in everything he does. He is 100% class and I would have no problem with Mark being part of this organization long term.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 10:19 AM
  #70
Aavco Cup
Registered User
 
Aavco Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,471
vCash: 300
Ben Chiarot also looked good in his debut.......

Just sayin'

Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 10:29 AM
  #71
Joe Hallenback
Registered User
 
Joe Hallenback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,998
vCash: 777
Chiarot had 3 full years in minors before he made his debut. Not that I am saying there isn't similarities in there game but I think that Nogier is a smarter player then Chiarot is.

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 10:31 AM
  #72
Aavco Cup
Registered User
 
Aavco Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,471
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
Chiarot had 3 full years in minors before he made his debut. Not that I am saying there isn't similarities in there game but I think that Nogier is a smarter player then Chiarot is.
Yeah.......just warning on making judgements based on a 1 game sample.

Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 10:59 AM
  #73
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,316
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I have been really harsh on Stu too but it is 100% to do with his on ice performance. As you mentioned I have never doubted his heart, leadership, and professionalism. Off the ice the guy is gold standard level in everything he does. He is 100% class and I would have no problem with Mark being part of this organization long term.
Nice post. I too hope the organization has a spot for Stu!

Nogier is apparently a pretty smart guy, saw already that he makes fast reads and moves the puck when he is supposed to.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 11:05 AM
  #74
fkdog
'Noo'
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Winnipeg, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,685
vCash: 5797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Addition by subtraction for the Jets.

I've been very harsh on Stuart, but I do admire his effort and professionalism. It might be a bit of a quaint notion, but I like the idea of the Jets building up a strong organizational culture around high character individuals, including current players, past players, management, etc. Winnipeg is a unique market, and the Jets are a big deal. They need to "fit" and we should have reason to appreciate them beyond on-ice performance per se.
Agree. It sucks to get the sense that Thorburn and Stuart are good guys but still want them absolutely nowhere near the ice during an NHL game. With that being said, I hope TNSE continues with this type of culture in the future but just maybe with ... slightly better players lol.

fkdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 11:10 AM
  #75
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 26,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkdog View Post
Agree. It sucks to get the sense that Thorburn and Stuart are good guys but still want them absolutely nowhere near the ice during an NHL game. With that being said, I hope TNSE continues with this type of culture in the future but just maybe with ... slightly better players lol.
Players like Scheifele, Wheeler, Little, Morrissey and Lowry give you both. Copp is also reported to have strong leadership qualities.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.