HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Reilly + for OEL

Old
03-20-2017, 03:04 PM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Curious as to what the Coyotes would want from Ottawa?
Stone, Hoffman, and Karlsson are off the table. Probably Chabot too (because of contract)

Can a deal be made with the rest of the Roster? Ceci + White/Brown + as a start?

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 03:41 PM
go4hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
Stone, Hoffman, and Karlsson are off the table. Probably Chabot too (because of contract)

Can a deal be made with the rest of the Roster? Ceci + White/Brown + as a start?
With everything you have listed as off the table, I would think that makes OEL off the table also. Your not landing the best player on any team by taking your dest 4-5 pieces off the table.

go4hockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 03:50 PM
edguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post

Id Deal Chabot+ for OEL anyday. Hoffman wouldn't be off the table either.

Stone and Karlsson would be of more value to the sens, so theyd be off the table

edguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 03:51 PM
The CyNick
Follow @ TheCyNick

I definitely think OEL is worth a first, I just don't think he's worth a top 5 pick. I hope it doesn't happen, but I could easily see the Leafs taking a step back next year and then anything can happen in the lottery. It would take a lot for me to advise the Leafs to move that pick. Given that I think OEL's best days are behind him, and I feel like he will continue to decline, I wouldn't do it. Now if I was Pitt or Wash, no doubt I would do it.

Reilly has been junk most of his career.

Last edited by SoupNazi: 03-21-2017 at 02:31 AM.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 04:01 PM
jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incetardis View Post
So as anyone who's followed the Leafs knows Reilly has had a rough year. I'm certain he can bounce back but I'm also not sure he can be the top line D we all were hoping for. A high end #2 seems most likely now which means we still need someone to anchor that first pairing. Statistically OEL is having a bit of a down year too but has proven to be an elite 2 way defenceman and he's still young enough to be part of a young core. Coyotes fans probably won't like any of this but he only has 2 years left on his current deal after this year and If the feeling is he won't resign (speculating) than maybe moving him this summer may be the best course of action. Reilly has 5 more years at 5mil which is still great value for what he brings to the table.

Reilly + 2018 1st + Bozak (1 mil retained)

For

OEL
Replace Bozak with Marner and they might consider it other wise the hang up laughing.

jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 04:12 PM
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick View Post
I definitely think OEL is worth a first, I just don't think he's worth a top 5 pick. I hope it doesn't happen, but I could easily see the Leafs taking a step back next year and then anything can happen in the lottery. It would take a lot for me to advise the Leafs to move that pick. Given that I think OEL's best days are behind him, and I feel like he will continue to decline, I wouldn't do it. Now if I was Pitt or Wash, no doubt I would do it.

Reilly has been junk most of his career.
I think OEL is crazy overrated on here as a result of putting up decent offensive numbers on a team no one watches.

But that's ridiculous. He gets a top 5 pick easily, and then some. You're getting a ready made #1 (even if he's not an elite one in my opinion), which is an incredibly rare piece to grab and something every team would kill for.

The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 04:20 PM
THall4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man View Post
I think OEL is crazy overrated on here as a result of putting up decent offensive numbers on a team no one watches.

But that's ridiculous. He gets a top 5 pick easily, and then some. You're getting a ready made #1 (even if he's not an elite one in my opinion), which is an incredibly rare piece to grab and something every team would kill for.
Then Im afraid you haven't watch a lot of him either.

THall4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 08:21 PM
Apotheosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsHomer View Post
Rielly has looked awful this year. Leafs would be smart to move him now that his value is still high and before be continues his regression
I'm talking about his slow recovery from injury+ getting a stable partner. These last few games, he's been flat out dominant in every metric.

Apotheosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 03:40 AM
lifelonghockeyfan

A team that has an excess of forwards and need a Dmen especially for a two year run at the Cup would be ideal in a trade. OEL is a UFA in two years.
Rangers have NHL ready forwards. Miller or Hayes might have to be traded.
Boston has young prospects in the AHL or still juniors.

lifelonghockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 03:47 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotheosis View Post
I'm talking about his slow recovery from injury+ getting a stable partner. These last few games, he's been flat out dominant in every metric.
Thats a small sample size hes been great for small periods of time throughout his career the problem is consistancy.... an showing he is capable of being the guy the leafs need. Which i dont see i think hell be a great 2nd pairing guy, and a complimentary top pairing guy but idk that hell ever be a true #1.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 08:21 AM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by go4hockey View Post
With everything you have listed as off the table, I would think that makes OEL off the table also. Your not landing the best player on any team by taking your dest 4-5 pieces off the table.
That's what I figured. Getting OEL would be awesome, but it's more a luxury than a necessity. Those other assets (minus Chabot) are more important to Ottawa's success. I wouldn't deal Chabot only because that doesn't get us close to OEL, and the risk of OEL walking as a UFA isn't worth losing Chabot AND all the other assets it would take to get him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edguy View Post
Id Deal Chabot+ for OEL anyday. Hoffman wouldn't be off the table either.

Stone and Karlsson would be of more value to the sens, so theyd be off the table
If we trade Hoffman, we have zero legit top 6 left wingers left. We could sign someone I guess, but unless that happens, I don't thin OEL makes us a better team if we are that weak on the left side. As for Chabot... see above.

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 09:17 AM
LeafsRockForBabcock
We have good people.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
Thats a small sample size hes been great for small periods of time throughout his career the problem is consistancy.... an showing he is capable of being the guy the leafs need. Which i dont see i think hell be a great 2nd pairing guy, and a complimentary top pairing guy but idk that hell ever be a true #1.
What? You honestly believe this kid playing the minutes he is and scoring 30+ points isn't a top pairing D?

LeafsRockForBabcock is offline   Reply With Quote