HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs in 7!

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2004, 10:50 PM
Brisebois

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Habs in 7!!!!

Lafleur said, "Habs over Tampa!"

The zap of prophesy will not fail.

Old
04-28-2004, 12:40 AM
Mackee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
Probably Minnesota last year, they won 6 elimination games, coming back twice from 3-1 deficits.
I believe it was Minnesota but not the Wild. I read recently that the '81 North Stars staved off elimination 8 times...with coach Glen Sonmor wearing an eye patch. Maybe CJ should consider...In any event I'm not sure that's the record but damn that's impressive.

And of course, I still believe. If TB can win three straight, why can't we win four straight? Not saying the Bolts are inferior or anything (well except tonight).

Old
04-28-2004, 12:47 AM
HFXMooseHabs

When it was 3-1 Boston, all I heard was the Habs are done, they've never come back from down 3-1. Yet I still believed because the Habs were outplaying them and deserved a better fate.

Well now it's 3-0 Tampa, people are saying the Habs are done, they've never come back from 3-0 (only two teams have). YET I STILL BELIEVE BECAUSE THE HABS OUTPLAYED THEM AND DESERVE A BETTER FATE!!!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!

Old
04-28-2004, 12:51 AM
Prince Mercury

At this point, I'm kinda praying that all the Canadian teams can pull it off in seven. If the Habs can do it, I'm sure Calgary and Toronto can.

I want my Leafs/Habs conference final, damn it! We was robbed out of a fine matchup in '93.

Old
04-28-2004, 01:01 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by =CH=
When it was 3-1 Boston, all I heard was the Habs are done, they've never come back from down 3-1. Yet I still believed because the Habs were outplaying them and deserved a better fate.

Well now it's 3-0 Tampa, people are saying the Habs are done, they've never come back from 3-0 (only two teams have). YET I STILL BELIEVE BECAUSE THE HABS OUTPLAYED THEM AND DESERVE A BETTER FATE!!!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!
Ya i still believe even though my faith took a big hit tonight....habs in 7 why not

Old
04-28-2004, 01:10 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
All they can do is take it one game at a time. A win Thursday and they are at 3-1....my faith isn't really there right now as I am still recovering from tonight, I still feel like some took the life out of me.

Old
04-28-2004, 01:32 AM
SwiftyHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
All they can do is take it one game at a time. A win Thursday and they are at 3-1....my faith isn't really there right now as I am still recovering from tonight, I still feel like some took the life out of me.
Lets look at it this way. The biggest game will be played on Saturday, that's the deciding game, here's why.

The habs lost twice at home so far, but they've consistently outplayed their opponents and both losses came while in the lead, losing it in the final seconds and finally losing the game in overtime.

We are not going to get swept this series. The habs played too good last night for that, and will continue to play with the same, maybe even more intensity next game. I think many of us here are confident that we can win at least one game of this series on Thursday.

Then comes Games 5 back in Tampa where the toughest challenge will be. We'll have to play an excellent game, and hope for the best, but we'll have no cheering fans, and we have to hope that Theo stands on his head, maybe even lands us a shutout. Admittedly, this game will be very difficult to win, but we have to hope for the same bounces that went Tampa's way in game 3 to happen to us. If we get lucky there, the series becomes 3-2 and the momentum comes our way.

Game 6, back home, Tampa wants to put us away for good, but 21000+ screaming fans give the habs the intensity they need outwork Tampa like in Games 3 and 4. If the first goal is scored by the Habs, the fans are in it for the whole game, if Tampa scores early they can take the fans out of the equation. But Theo, with his back against the wall, outplays Bulin in the first period and we get the goal. Now, doubt starts to build in the minds of the lightning players, and as their confidence is sapped, We keep pressuring, the fans provide more electricity, and the habs win Game 6

back to Tampa, Game 7, momentum on our side...win or lose Im happy we fought back. But I too believe

HABS in 7

Old
04-28-2004, 06:01 AM
prabak11

Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
i believe we will win! and i think its kerberos fault we are losing!!!! stop predicting@!!

Old
04-28-2004, 07:56 AM
TBLightningFan

Send a message via AIM to TBLightningFan Send a message via MSN to TBLightningFan
I BELIEVE TOO!!!!!

Lightning in 4

LOL... but kudos to the Montreal fans not giving up!!!

Old
04-28-2004, 09:08 AM
Harry Kakalovich

all i can say is... i still think we can beat the lightning. GO HABS GO!

Old
04-28-2004, 09:51 AM

Habs in 7...

Old
04-28-2004, 09:54 AM
Epoch

Tampa in 4.

Old
04-28-2004, 09:54 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
I believe....1975 is too far back. We have to give hope to future teams that will be down 3-0. They'll be able to say "well Montreal did it back in 2004".

HABS IN 7!

Old
04-28-2004, 09:55 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR-TOWN
Tampa in 4.

Flyers in 4

Old
04-28-2004, 10:11 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
WE CAN DO IT! I Believe!

The 1942 Toronto Maple Leafs.
THe 1975 New York Islanders.
The 2004 Montreal Canadiens.

Old
04-28-2004, 10:24 AM
BLONG7

Tough,tough,tough, UPHILL battle ahead... no doubt about it... I will give the Habs some credit here, meaning that every time they have faced these types of situations during the season and in the playoffs they have come out and taken the adversity on and have won! These guys just don't quit! That being said, I don't know if they can pull this one off now or not... The bolts are a very good team and even though they were outplayed last night they found a way to win, that's what good teams do... Let's face it, no one thought the Habs would even make the playoffs, some experts even said 13-15th place? They make the playoffs and upset the Big Bad Bruins coming from a 3-1 defecit, and now this... well personally I think they have had a great year, and with BG at the helm I think we will continue to go in the right direction with alot of young talent on the way... I think the Habs will win game 4, but I think we may be asking too much for them to beat the Bolts 4 in a row... Tampa is a good young team, and if we can't come back in this series I will be cheering for the Bolts the rest of the way, unless of course they meet the Flames in the Final!

Old
04-28-2004, 11:33 AM
MissNY

At the beginning of the season, nobody even thought this team would make the playoffs! Few would believe that the Habs would be able to overcome the 3-1 deficit to the Bruins, but they did! These guys have played their hearts out and they completely dominated the Lightning last night. They just need a few lucky bounces here and there. Habs will win in 7!

I don't know if anyone else can relate, but it just plain bothers me when southern expansion teams beat Original Six teams. They don't know what hockey fan suffering is! Do you know that on some of these teams' websites they have graphics explaining what the penalties are? I'm in the South. Do you have any idea how many times I've had to explain icing, two line passes and offsides!?! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Sorry for the rant. I needed to vent.

Old
04-28-2004, 12:01 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNY
At the beginning of the season, nobody even thought this team would make the playoffs! Few would believe that the Habs would be able to overcome the 3-1 deficit to the Bruins, but they did! These guys have played their hearts out and they completely dominated the Lightning last night. They just need a few lucky bounces here and there. Habs will win in 7!

I don't know if anyone else can relate, but it just plain bothers me when southern expansion teams beat Original Six teams. They don't know what hockey fan suffering is! Do you know that on some of these teams' websites they have graphics explaining what the penalties are? I'm in the South. Do you have any idea how many times I've had to explain icing, two line passes and offsides!?! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Sorry for the rant. I needed to vent.
The worst is when the whole crowd boos when there is an obvious offside.

Old
04-28-2004, 01:48 PM
Ace2000

Send a message via ICQ to Ace2000
i believe in ahsb in 7, they'll need lots of luck to pull out 4 straight wins BUT if they play the way they did yesterday and NEVER quit, then i think they have a chance. they need to bring this intensity EVERY game from now on. In any case, they ahve done a lot better than people expected and on the plus side, rookies likes ribeiro,ryder and komi are getting valuable experience from this for years to come. hopefully, next season will go on as planned.

Old
04-28-2004, 02:42 PM
Jacques Strappe

Gotta try some new mojo with my Tampa Bay jinx avatar!

*spits in their general direction!

Old
04-28-2004, 02:55 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
WE CAN DO IT! I Believe!

The 1942 Toronto Maple Leafs.
THe 1975 New York Islanders.
The 2004 Montreal Canadiens.
It happens approximately every 30 years

Old
04-28-2004, 04:06 PM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR-TOWN
Tampa in 4.

Going out on a limb huh. Very bold indeed.

Old
04-28-2004, 04:59 PM
HF-Addict

I think those threads (habs in 7, habs in 6, habs in 5, habs in 4)are jinxing us!!!!!

Hopefully, Tor-Town jinxed Tampa!!!!

Old
04-28-2004, 05:23 PM
Le Petit Viking

dec-9 TB 2 NYI 5
dec-11 TB 2 OTT 3
dec-13 TB 2 MTL 5
dec-16 TB 0 MTL 3

They lost 4 games in a row this season !

Please do it again Lecav and cie

Old
04-28-2004, 05:25 PM
SuperUnknown

This team has history written all over it!!!

Go HABS Go!

Montreal in 7, writing another page of the Montreal franchise history book!

Closed Thread