HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators Draft Talk\PantherWatch 2008

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2008, 04:22 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Bouwmeester is the exact style of defenseman Marc Crawford's system requires. Ideally, the Kings blue line will feature 6 players who can skate and move the puck as well as they can play defense.
So are you looking for size or finesse in a player? And don't say both because that's what every team wants.

Old
03-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
So are you looking for size or finesse in a player? And don't say both because that's what every team wants.
A man can dream, can't he?

Old
03-01-2008, 10:19 PM
vipera1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Nikita Filatov is my hope. I know he doesn't have the size we're wanting but he can score, and seems like a very hard working good kid.
Filatov is a speedy guy. I watched him at the World Junior tournament and he really impressed me. He's only 160lbs right now, but I think you can expect him to put on weight as he matures. McKenzie says, "Extremely talented, but inconsistent and there's always the Russian factor at work. He was No. 9 in the preseason rankings."

In the games I watched, he was really working hard, going to the net and digging pucks out of the corners. TSN lists him as the 10th best prospect, but CSS has him as the #1 European skater and ISS moved him up to #2 overall behind Stamkos in February.

Old
03-08-2008, 09:03 AM
SmokeyClause

Updated through 3/7/08.

Old
03-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

nice job BTW Smokey
Panthers are one of the hottest team since you started this thread. I'm actually glad though maybe most of the high end Defensemen will be gone before Poile can draft them and I will never cheer against TV (Unless he's a Wing or Shark).

Old
03-08-2008, 05:28 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
nice job BTW Smokey

Panthers are one of the hottest team since you started this thread.
And, sadly enough, despite going 3-1 during that stretch, they are more out of the playoff picture than they were in the initial post on 2/28. They are the same amount of points back, with the same amount of extra games played, but they have only 12 games to make up that ground instead of 16 that they had previously. The only difference in the standings is that they've passed up St. Louis to go from 5th to 6th overall. But that's due in part because St. Louis has 3 games in hand on the Cats and is only two points back.

Sure looks like I've jinxed us.

Old
03-08-2008, 06:53 PM
vipera1960

Quote:
nice job BTW Smokey
Panthers are one of the hottest team since you started this thread. I'm actually glad though maybe most of the high end Defensemen will be gone before Poile can draft them and I will never cheer against TV (Unless he's a Wing or Shark).
But there's nothing wrong with cheering against Anderson. Since he got all three of their wins, I think you need to cheer harder.

Old
03-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
Sure looks like I've jinxed us.
Which continues FLA 3 ATL 2 in OT Vokoun gets the win and The Panthers get over the .500 mark and Atlanta gets closer to the lottery (which they will magically win)

Old
03-08-2008, 09:55 PM
vipera1960

Quote:
Which continues FLA 3 ATL 2 in OT Vokoun gets the win and The Panthers get over the .500 mark and Atlanta gets closer to the lottery (which they will magically win)
Wouldn't be the first time....

Old
03-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Upchuck19

I've read you guys mention some names that I could give you a opinion on.

http://whl.ca/en/stats/player.php?id=24734 Tyler Myers listed here as 6'6 he is now 6'7" and they say he is still growing. Very nice skater considering his growth but hasn't developed a mean streak yet. He has played a ton in every situation so that why the -14. This kid is the real deal, looks like he will go in top 5.

http://whl.ca/en/stats/player.php?id=24413 Luke Scheen listed as 6'3", he billets at Shea Weber old house and plays a very simular style. Weber is meaner, but Luke has all the other skills Shea does. Luke is as hard a hitter, great kid, will be captain of Canada if he is in junior hockey next year. Alot of people say he's ready for the pros next year because of his birth date he has played 3 years of junior already. Luke will go 2nd or 3rd pick.

http://www.everettsilvertips.com/ros...m?PlayerID=128 This guy has all the skills of a Cam Neeley, but Beach has a two cent head. Kicked of his Midget team in Kelowna for being a cancer to the team. Since he been Everett he like playing the instigator role and has received some good beatings because of his actions.

When he is in the mood he is a awesome power forward, but that is few and far between. Kyle was asked to play for Canada Under 17 only if he could keep his head in the game and no chicken stuff. He said no problem, he was good for 2 games then started doing his regular stupid stuff. He will never play for the WJ's they don't allow cement heads. Kyle could go number one if his head was in it, probly about 7-10 with a team taking a big chance.

If you say he's just a kid, don't, his blood lines run true.

Old
03-13-2008, 08:05 AM
RollingPredFan

Unfortunately the Panthers have won 5 in a row. Dangit we are slumping and fighting for our postseason lives... the least the Panthers could do is tank lol

Old
03-13-2008, 09:03 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

that would be a nightmare scenario...both of our first round picks falling outside the top ten...while both teams miss the playoffs.

Old
03-13-2008, 10:20 AM
lstcyr

Please let's kill this thread. Ever since it's been here, Florida's played better.

Old
03-13-2008, 10:46 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Please let's kill this thread. Ever since it's been here, Florida's played better.
I'm going to agree, for the time being. Superstition is one of my vices.

Closed Thread