HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why do Hab fans boo everything ?

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2004, 08:52 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catala
hmmm what about booing koivu ? cheap shot i know... i'll shut up now.
Just as bad. Koivu was booed for 1 period. Jeter has been booed after winning 3 World Series for the Yankees and has been booed for the last three games.

Old
04-29-2004, 09:35 AM
Gros Bill

Partial list of players I have personally heard being booed at the Old Forum : Guy Lafleur, Larry Robinson, Guy Lafleur, Ken Dryden, Serge Savard, Guy Carbonneau, Pete Mahovlich, Terry Harper (ok, ok), and did I mention Guy Lafleur?

Old
04-29-2004, 10:02 AM
mcphee

Don't diss the Harp. Bill, do you remember the Harper story when he was being booed in a playoff series against Chicago ? For the younger posters, Harper was the original stay at home type D man. He was awkward,slow, but effective at what he did. He had virtually no offensive ability, and was often the fans whipping boy at the time. He would also drop the gloves frequently but probably never won a foight. He took some terrible beatings but never gave up. The game in question, he got the puck behind his net and the booing started. He came out towards the blueline because everyone was covered and he wasn't being challenged. The booing got louder. He crossed the Chicago blueline, the booing continued. He stayed wide, went behind the net, made a nifty pass in front, Danny Gallivan shouts 'He shoots He scores'. The booing stopped abruptly. I don't think I've ever seen a player do anything like that before or since.

Old
04-29-2004, 10:06 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytem2
I tihink that must be it, a less knowledgeable crowd than the people who used to attend the games a few years back.
Just to quote Gros Bill....

Partial list of players I have personally heard being booed at the Old Forum : Guy Lafleur, Larry Robinson, Guy Lafleur, Ken Dryden, Serge Savard, Guy Carbonneau, Pete Mahovlich, Terry Harper (ok, ok), and did I mention Guy Lafleur?

Hummm less knowledgeable hey! Remember Patrick Roy at the Forum....

Old
04-29-2004, 10:28 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Don't diss the Harp. Bill, do you remember the Harper story when he was being booed in a playoff series against Chicago ? For the younger posters, Harper was the original stay at home type D man. He was awkward,slow, but effective at what he did. He had virtually no offensive ability, and was often the fans whipping boy at the time. He would also drop the gloves frequently but probably never won a foight. He took some terrible beatings but never gave up. The game in question, he got the puck behind his net and the booing started. He came out towards the blueline because everyone was covered and he wasn't being challenged. The booing got louder. He crossed the Chicago blueline, the booing continued. He stayed wide, went behind the net, made a nifty pass in front, Danny Gallivan shouts 'He shoots He scores'. The booing stopped abruptly. I don't think I've ever seen a player do anything like that before or since.
I remember reading about that play later on. One of Harper's teammates called "The greatest ******* you goal in the history of hockey". Kinda funny. We often forget that players like that are essential to a hockey team. Not everyone is a superstar and the guys that have a lot of heart but less skill are just as important. I think a guy like Ward fits into that category. Of course, when you have the skill and the heart, that's the whole package.

Closed Thread