HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2007-2008 Euro/NCAA/CHL/USHL Prospects Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2008, 02:49 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

vCash: 500
SM-Liiga regular season final stats

André Benoit (Tappara Tampere)
54 GP 12 G 26 A 38 PTS 96 PIM +28

Tappara Tampere 28-16-12-8 104 PTS - 4TH

Playoff - Quarterfinal (best-of-seven)
(first round is a best-of-three between 7 - 10 & 8 - 9 to go in the quarterfinals)

JYP Jyväskylä (5) vs Tappara Tampere (4)

Benoit finished 32th in the league for points, 20th for assists, 6th with +28,

3rd for points by a D, 1st for assists, 5th with 12 goals, 2nd with +28.

Habs Prospects website
Old
03-05-2008, 01:15 PM
CBBRH

Send a message via MSN to CBBRH
Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
Playoff - Quarterfinal (best-of-seven)
(first round is a best-of-three between 7 - 10 & 8 - 9 to go in the quarterfinals)

JYP Jyväskylä (5) vs Tappara Tampere (4)
Sorry guys, but Andre's playoffs will be over after the first round!

Old
03-05-2008, 04:03 PM
yvan74

Be careful!!!! You never seen Benoit in playoffs!!!! HE'S A PLAYOFF MACHINE!

Old
03-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

All three of the RSL teams with Habs prospects lead their respective series 2-0.

Old
03-08-2008, 09:55 PM
HCH

Looks like Dartmouth beat Cornell tonight... does anyone know how Wyman and Stejskal did?

Old
03-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Stejskal got his first NCAA goal last night.

Old
03-09-2008, 12:23 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hub City Hab View Post
Looks like Dartmouth beat Cornell tonight... does anyone know how Wyman and Stejskal did?
no pts for either I believe. Tomorrow night could be Wyman's last in the NCAA, as they have to go back to Cornell, which is a tough environment, they have some crazy fans. The game is at 7pm, so if B2 has it I will try and catch it, should be a good game. The bad news is that even if Dartmouth can pull off the upset, then they would likely get Clarkson next weekend.

Watched Fischer this weekend, he was solid last night and not so good tonight. In a game they really needed to win, Minnesota was down 3-2 late in the game with their goalie pulled, puck goes back to Fischer and he's wide open for a shot, but whiffs on it and it goes out of the zone and Minnesota lost the game.

Old
03-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Riggins

Dartmouth got oned 6-0 in game three. Wyman's NCAA career is over. Any chance the Habs try to sign him now and get him to Hamilton?

Old
03-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast View Post
Dartmouth got oned 6-0 in game three. Wyman's NCAA career is over. Any chance the Habs try to sign him now and get him to Hamilton?
His season is over but his studies might not be yet? When does their semester end?

Old
03-09-2008, 09:52 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
His season is over but his studies might not be yet? When does their semester end?
How does this effect bringing him to Hamilton??? I thought once the season was over he became eligible if signed.

Old
03-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
How does this effect bringing him to Hamilton??? I thought once the season was over he became eligible if signed.
His fourth year of school isn't it? You would imagine the kid would at least want to finish if he made it this far?

Old
03-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I hope so, it would be nice to get hiom some extra experience at that level like Price got last year(ok maybe without the long playoff run). Even if he struggles a bit there he at least goes into the off season knowing what to expect next year.

Quote:
His semester probably ends in about a month, I'm sure they'd allow him to do his exams after the hockey season. Who knows he may have taken a light class load knowing his NCAA career was nearing the end.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-09-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old
03-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
His fourth year of school isn't it? You would imagine the kid would at least want to finish if he made it this far?
Thats what either deferred exams (if they let him, 90% chance they do) or Summer School (if they don't) is for....

No reason for him to put his pro career on hold, when he can easily get his degree in the summer.... and I'm all for athletes staying in school and finishing degrees.

Old
03-10-2008, 10:32 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I hope so, but I guess we'll see.

Stejskal becomes the first prospect to have his season officially over, his season is over before Torp's even began.

This friday all our remaining NCAA prospects will be in the playoffs. Of interest is McDonagh and Fischer as their clubs need wins if they want a shot at making the frozen four tournament.

Old
03-10-2008, 02:39 PM
guest1467

How many teams compete in the Frozen Four?

Old
03-10-2008, 03:14 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
How many teams compete in the Frozen Four?
16. Each conference winner gets an autobid then the rest of the tournament is made up from the top teams in the ncaa, but how they figure that out is hard to explain. Pacioretty and Paquet are in for sure. McDonagh and Fischer are on the bubble.

Michigan gets UNO on friday night in a best of 3, home ice for Michigan
Clarkson gets Colgate on friday night, best of 3, home ice for Clarkson
Wisconsin gets St Cloud friday night, best of 3 on the road
Minnesota gets Minn St friday night, best of 3 on the road

It's home-road and home if neccessary for all the series. Michigan should woop up on UNO, Clarkson should be a good series as I've heard Colgate's goalie is good and Clarkson is a high scoring team. Wisconsin will have it's work cut out for them for sure and Minnesota I suspect will be a very low scoring series. I know I will get the Minnesota series on tv (FSN) not sure if I will get the Michigan series as they haven't announced what series they will show from the CCHA on friday.

I think I still have Komisarek at Michigian on tape from the frozen four finals, he was a beast then too.

Old
03-10-2008, 09:01 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Thats what either deferred exams (if they let him, 90% chance they do) or Summer School (if they don't) is for....

No reason for him to put his pro career on hold, when he can easily get his degree in the summer.... and I'm all for athletes staying in school and finishing degrees.
A player in a somewhat similar situation who didn't immediately join Hamilton: Ryan O'Byrne. He hadn't used up all his NCAA eligibility, and Hamilton wasn't in playoff contention, but frankly if deferring his studies means he won't be able to train as hard over the summer I might urge him to finish up at school and then focus on training and hockey thereafter.

Old
03-14-2008, 01:13 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

and for those of you that haven't heard already...

Max Pacioretty is a finalist for CCHA Rookie of the Year. He's got some serious competition though, coming from Jeff Petry of MSU and Carter Camper of Miami, both of whom have also had great seasons this year.

Congrats Patches!

Old
03-14-2008, 01:28 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

I'd be surprised if he wins it. Everyone is attributing Max's success to being on a line with Kolarik and Porter, despite the evidence that Max produced at a better rate when Kolarik wasn't in the lineup.
My bet would be on Petry, personally.

Old
03-14-2008, 11:59 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Pacioretty would've been useful last night vs. Ottawa.

God, I can't wait for him to be in the line-up. Just once I hope for Montreal to get into a goalies face and push him around, we never do it.

Old
03-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Pacioretty would've been useful last night vs. Ottawa.

God, I can't wait for him to be in the line-up. Just once I hope for Montreal to get into a goalies face and push him around, we never do it.
That's not a player thing, it's a coaching philosophy. The Habs could be a lot more abrasive but Carbo's attitude is the polar opposite of Randy Carlile.

Old
03-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
I'd be surprised if he wins it. Everyone is attributing Max's success to being on a line with Kolarik and Porter, despite the evidence that Max produced at a better rate when Kolarik wasn't in the lineup.
My bet would be on Petry, personally.
Porter is obviously a great part of his success. Seriously, while he's a senior, I thought he was so dominating, I can't imagine him not having at least some kind of success at the NHL level. At very least, become a good 2-way like Kris Draper. I just like that kid. But what people forget to mention is that I've seen a few moments in each game I saw that Pac was opening up spaces for both his linemates. So Pacioretty as well as something to say in Porter's great season. I would be more tempted to think that Kolarik is a product of than Pac, even if I like Kolarik as well, like I like Palushaj....

But I agree with you that it will play against him and Petry becomes a great candidate. Surprise how Camper performed though. Awesome pick at 45 by the Oilerse as far as Petry is concerned. And I guess Camper will be pick this year...or is it already possible for him to become UFA????

Old
03-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

0:19 seconds in. Best example of Pac making space for Porter and allowing him to score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIMlAAHbCPQ

Old
03-14-2008, 01:48 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Porter is obviously a great part of his success. Seriously, while he's a senior, I thought he was so dominating, I can't imagine him not having at least some kind of success at the NHL level. At very least, become a good 2-way like Kris Draper. I just like that kid. But what people forget to mention is that I've seen a few moments in each game I saw that Pac was opening up spaces for both his linemates. So Pacioretty as well as something to say in Porter's great season. I would be more tempted to think that Kolarik is a product of than Pac, even if I like Kolarik as well, like I like Palushaj....

But I agree with you that it will play against him and Petry becomes a great candidate. Surprise how Camper performed though. Awesome pick at 45 by the Oilerse as far as Petry is concerned. And I guess Camper will be pick this year...or is it already possible for him to become UFA????
Camper is an '88 so as far as I know he should be eligible for the draft this summer again. Personally I think Pac will win the rookie of the year, but it's close between all 3 but to me it was Pac that really stepped up his game against both those teams in what where the biggest series of the year for Michigan and Im guessing all 3 teams since it was a battle for 1st and 2nd place in the NCAA as well as the CCHA conference.

Old
03-14-2008, 04:59 PM
kostitsyn1489

By some of my source yea somewhat! I think that's pretty reliable tho so far it always been accurate so, it seems like Montreal Canadiens arent as high on Fischer as they once was. It's said that the 4th element on Hossa trade was him and not a first rounder and that he was involved in most trades around the deadline.

I really like Fischer tho and hope he gets better i like his reach alot and one on one he's really good. Still it's tough to trade a guy that you went off the board to pick him.

Closed Thread