HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Junior de Montreal

Old
03-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Belso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
Is this QMJHL team? In Brandon adult ST's are $250 ($7/game), students/kids ST's $125 or $3.50/game.
A walk up adult ticket is $14 I believe.
Junoir de Montreal ticket prices

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2008, 07:41 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFB View Post
I like it.

It's just sad that the colors are the same as the Remparts.
Ehhh they're not..Different shade of red, the Rempart's white is a bit more "beige" and there is no black on the "Junior's" jersey. I'm skeptical about the future of this team, but Montreal needed a team. Now, all we need is for another QMJHL team to move to Trois-Rivières, and for an AHL to move somewere in Quebec and we're set.

And since this is about the QMJHL, I'll take the opportunity to say "Go Remparts!" (excluding Espo, of course. Although I like him better now that he's not a Pen )

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2008, 07:42 PM
sbtatter

Here are the avg attendances in the Q this season...
http://www.mib.org/~lennier/hockey/leagueatt.cgi

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Bill McNeal

Gotta say I'm not very impressed with the jersey design or the prices...

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2008, 07:58 PM
deandebean

In Gatineau, it's 15 $ a game for adults. Anywhere in the Bob.

The Habs should have sponsored it, just like old times, when it was the Canadien Junior de Montréal.

This new name is ok. And the jerseys are vintage. It's the arena and the area where the team will play that smell "short term." They should have waited until an arena gets built in the Blainville area, where the real hockey fans with cash are. The northern parts of Laval is where the leisure money is, not Verdun, of all places.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Belso

http://ville.montreal.qc.ca/portal/p..._schema=PORTAL

The place seasts a little under 3800 people...

St. John avg. 3400 people a game..

They are going to have to work hard to make sure to fill those seats at that price if they will be the highest in the league..

Not a good way to start off IMO. No one are really impressed with the team Jersey, color or ticket price. Like, I said, the name is appropriate and I somewhat like the Vintage look, I am not over impressed with the Logo and prices now that I know that I will be getting gouged at the box office as compared to other LHJMQ game prices...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2008, 10:57 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Guy Drouin View Post
Junior?!

Wow, it's the worst sport team name I've ever saw.

But I do hope people will go tho see them play. MTL deserves their LHJMQ team.
....it's the old name of the Montreal team.

Anyway. I think the jersey's are absolutely amazing. I love the old school look collegiate look.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2008, 11:45 PM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Guy Drouin View Post
Junior?!

Wow, it's the worst sport team name I've ever saw.

But I do hope people will go tho see them play. MTL deserves their LHJMQ team.
so does Sherby!
It is unbelievable that that city can't keep a team....

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1651
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
so does Sherby!
I see your from Chicoutimi...

Ill be there April 10th to 13th for my Provincials, are there any good bars you can suggest?

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 12:10 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
so does Sherby!
All the times they tried to get a Junior team in here and it never worked is because they failed to noitce that in hockey, this town is OWNED by the Canadiens.

People save their money to go see the Habs; not some junior team. We are unconditional Habs fans here in MTL.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 12:13 AM
Woland

I don't remember how they marketed the Rocket but something really got my attention when I went to a Calgary Hitman game.... The amount of families with young kids was astounding. At least 85 % of the crowd. If they want to survive , this would be the way.

That and Ryan White was a really gritty player

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 12:53 AM
chitownhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Ehhh they're not..Different shade of red, the Rempart's white is a bit more "beige" and there is no black on the "Junior's" jersey. I'm skeptical about the future of this team, but Montreal needed a team. Now, all we need is for another QMJHL team to move to Trois-Rivières, and for an AHL to move somewere in Quebec and we're set.

And since this is about the QMJHL, I'll take the opportunity to say "Go Remparts!" (excluding Espo, of course. Although I like him better now that he's not a Pen )
Why does Montréal need a QMJHL team? Montréal hockey fans didn't support the Rocket when they were around. I remember visiting Montréal to attend four or five Les Habs home games and attending a couple of Rocket games at the Bell Centre on the off night and the attendance was in the 1000-2000 range. The prices were acceptable, I believe I paid around $10 CDN and you could sit anywhere you wanted.

What is going to be different this time around?

As a visitor to Montréal, I could walk to the Bell Centre and attend a Rocket game. Now, it will cost more to go to Verdun to attend a game.

In general, teams that are close to or in a large metro area tend to charge higher prices than a team in a smaller town. In Chicago, the AHL Wolves have some of the highest prices in the league.

I give them no more than three years and they fold. The Rocket only lasted four years.

chitownhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 01:16 AM
Stradale

Im not impress by the marketing job.

Boring name, boring jersey, expensive tickets.

Meh.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 03:55 AM
PatBC

I really think that someone from the Laurentians or Laval tries to get a team... If Victoriaville is able to have success with a Jr. team, I don't see why St-Jerome, or Mirabel (yes Mirabel, this is the center between St-Jerome, Blainville, Boisbriand, Ste-Therese, a pretty large market of people) could not build a new arena of about 6,000 seats and have a good team in the LHJMQ.

*Just the point of view from a Jeromian guy that don't care about the Jr.AAA team*

PatBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 04:04 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatBC View Post
I really think that someone from the Laurentians or Laval tries to get a team... If Victoriaville is able to have success with a Jr. team, I don't see why St-Jerome, or Mirabel (yes Mirabel, this is the center between St-Jerome, Blainville, Boisbriand, Ste-Therese, a pretty large market of people) could not build a new arena of about 6,000 seats and have a good team in the LHJMQ.

*Just the point of view from a Jeromian guy that don't care about the Jr.AAA team*
Your comparing Victoriaville to St Jerome?
ok there

St Jerome to Montreal - 45 minutes which = close enough to go watch the Habs.
victo to Montreal - 2 hour drive = obviously people of the city will support any team they get

Old
03-11-2008, 04:32 AM
PatBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Your comparing Victoriaville to St Jerome?
ok there

St Jerome to Montreal - 45 minutes which = close enough to go watch the Habs.
victo to Montreal - 2 hour drive = obviously people of the city will support any team they get
Technically, yes. But I can bet that there is not alot of person from here that possess Habs seasons tickets... Most of "Habs fans" that wants to watch the Habs are people like me, TV fans mostly, that are able to go to like, hmm... 4,5 games a year? A 2 hour drive to see a Habs game is not so huge... It's not like it's Rouyn Noranda or Val d'Or. Yes Victo support the only team they have, but Victoriaville is still a small town and there is nothing around there. The nearest big town is Drummondville which is what... 35 minutes? and they have also a team. I'm not a marketing expert, but having a team in the south Laurentians could bring people from St-Jerome (60 000) , Blainville (46 000), Mirabel (35 000), Boisbriand (25 000), Ste-Therese (25 000) and even Laval which is the third largest city in Quebec with something like 350 000 habitants. It's not all about the Canadiens, I'm pretty sure that a rayon of about 500 000 habitants would be able to fill a 4 000 seats arena at 20 minutes of drive to see a LHJMQ team playing against teams like the Remparts, Sags or whatever would interest hockey fans like me. The nearest LHJMQ hockey team (apart from the new Verdun team which is the other side of Montreal, 50 minutes of drive to see a Junior game from a team that I can't associate myself don't really attracts me) is what... Drummondville? Yeah 2 hours of car in a week evening to see a Junior game, again, don't attracts me...

Old
03-11-2008, 04:58 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Technically, yes. But I can bet that there is not alot of person from here that possess Habs seasons tickets... Most of "Habs fans" that wants to watch the Habs are people like me, TV fans mostly, that are able to go to like, hmm... 4,5 games a year? A 2 hour drive to see a Habs game is not so huge... It's not like it's Rouyn Noranda or Val d'Or. Yes Victo support the only team they have, but Victoriaville is still a small town and there is nothing around there. The nearest big town is Drummondville which is what... 35 minutes? and they have also a team. I'm not a marketing expert, but having a team in the south Laurentians could bring people from St-Jerome (60 000) , Blainville (46 000), Mirabel (35 000), Boisbriand (25 000), Ste-Therese (25 000) and even Laval which is the third largest city in Quebec with something like 350 000 habitants. It's not all about the Canadiens, I'm pretty sure that a rayon of about 500 000 habitants would be able to fill a 4 000 seats arena at 20 minutes of drive to see a LHJMQ team playing against teams like the Remparts, Sags or whatever would interest hockey fans like me. The nearest LHJMQ hockey team (apart from the new Verdun team which is the other side of Montreal, 50 minutes of drive to see a Junior game from a team that I can't associate myself don't really attracts me) is what... Drummondville? Yeah 2 hours of car in a week evening to see a Junior game, again, don't attracts me...

You would be surprised the things you can find to do in Victo, dont underestimate the city because its a small town.

I know ALOT of people from Ste-Therese and Blainville that go to habs games regularly. If you love the team and the sport you will take the drive down the 15 to watch the game live.

Why cant you associate yourself to a team in the LHJMQ?
You've done so with the habs.
I myself was a fan of the Rockets, once they left I became a fan of Victoriaville. I had friends playing in the Q, I still do, they were playing in different teams but I saw a team play, i liked them, so i cheered for them. you can easily do the same and associate yourself with a team.
Next year I will still be a fan of the Tigres, but I will want to see Montreal do good as well.

Old
03-11-2008, 05:16 AM
PatBC

Quote:
You would be surprised the things you can find to do in Victo, dont underestimate the city because its a small town.

I know ALOT of people from Ste-Therese and Blainville that go to habs games regularly. If you love the team and the sport you will take the drive down the 15 to watch the game live.

Why cant you associate yourself to a team in the LHJMQ?
You've done so with the habs.
I myself was a fan of the Rockets, once they left I became a fan of Victoriaville. I had friends playing in the Q, I still do, they were playing in different teams but I saw a team play, i liked them, so i cheered for them. you can easily do the same and associate yourself with a team.
Next year I will still be a fan of the Tigres, but I will want to see Montreal do good as well.
I didn't complained about the city of Victoriaville, it's a nice town, I went there a couple of times when I played in tournaments in minor hockey. All I said was the fact that demographically, there is less people in the Bois-Francs than there is in the Laurentians.

Hmm, now you're mixing things. That's not what I said, there is no doubt that as a Habs fan, I can drive the 35-45 minutes to see my favourite team plays. If I don't go to the Habs often, it's because the tickets are 1 : rare and 2 : expensive. I don't have the money to spend 90$ 2 times a week to see the Habs, I'm a student...

Finally, why can't I associate with a team from the LHJMQ? Again, that's not really what I said... I said that the 2 nearest LHJMQ teams are 1 : a new team from Verdun that has not played a game yet and 2 : the Drummondville's Voltigeurs that are 2 hours of car from where I live... I don't have the chance to see any LHJMQ games apart from sometimes the Gatineau Olympics and Remparts games that they show at Canal Vox, but even then, I don't really see why would I associate with a team that I saw on tv during 2 friday games in a month. The LHJMQ has a big and nice history, alot of great players emerged from that and got success in the NHL, but sadly, all I can really do (unless I was a hardcore fan that is able to travel more than 300 kms weekly to see a junior team game), is to watch the scores on the internet... Having a team in the proximity will indeed motivate me to cheer and appreciate and also associate myself with the team... Like you said
Quote:
If you love the team and the sport you will take the drive down the 15 to watch the game live.
... That's right

Old
03-11-2008, 05:24 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
I didn't complained about the city of Victoriaville, it's a nice town, I went there a couple of times when I played in tournaments in minor hockey. All I said was the fact that demographically, there is less people in the Bois-Francs than there is in the Laurentians.

Hmm, now you're mixing things. That's not what I said, there is no doubt that as a Habs fan, I can drive the 35-45 minutes to see my favourite team plays. If I don't go to the Habs often, it's because the tickets are 1 : rare and 2 : expensive. I don't have the money to spend 90$ 2 times a week to see the Habs, I'm a student...

Finally, why can't I associate with a team from the LHJMQ? Again, that's not really what I said... I said that the 2 nearest LHJMQ teams are 1 : a new team from Verdun that has not played a game yet and 2 : the Drummondville's Voltigeurs that are 2 hours of car from where I live... I don't have the chance to see any LHJMQ games apart from sometimes the Gatineau Olympics and Remparts games that they show at Canal Vox, but even then, I don't really see why would I associate with a team that I saw on tv during 2 friday games in a month. The LHJMQ has a big and nice history, alot of great players emerged from that and got success in the NHL, but sadly, all I can really do (unless I was a hardcore fan that is able to travel more than 300 kms weekly to see a junior team game), is to watch the scores on the internet... Having a team in the proximity will indeed motivate me to cheer and appreciate and also associate myself with the team... Like you said ... That's right
You can watch EVERY junior major game on the net.
I myself dont have the money to pay for gas to drive to drummond or victo all the time to watch games. I watch alot of them online. ive watched aproximatly 150 games this year online. Most of them of victorialle and drummondville. why those 2 you ask? well because one of my good friends was playing for drummondville this year and was there for 3 years. At the trade deadline he was traded tho...luckily for me, He was traded to victo i get to see one of my good friends play for my fav team. Since he got traded i think Ive missed 3 games.

Other teams Ive watched this year include gatineau to see giroux.
Val d'or - i know the goalie raphalle D'orso and the forward Derek Famulare (was traded there mid-season from chicoutimi)
Seadogs - to watch Simon Despres (he played for the AAA team i am associated with last year)

if you wanna watch LHJMQ games, let me know, Ill give you the link, although you dont get replays and its only a single camera, I enjoy it. its totally free, you dont need to sign up and you get to watch the stars of tommroow.

Old
03-11-2008, 05:36 AM
PatBC

Quote:
You can watch EVERY junior major game on the net.
I myself dont have the money to pay for gas to drive to drummond or victo all the time to watch games. I watch alot of them online. ive watched aproximatly 150 games this year online. Most of them of victorialle and drummondville. why those 2 you ask? well because one of my good friends was playing for drummondville this year and was there for 3 years. At the trade deadline he was traded tho...luckily for me, He was traded to victo i get to see one of my good friends play for my fav team. Since he got traded i think Ive missed 3 games.

Other teams Ive watched this year include gatineau to see giroux.
Val d'or - i know the goalie raphalle D'orso and the forward Derek Famulare (was traded there mid-season from chicoutimi)
Seadogs - to watch Simon Despres (he played for the AAA team i am associated with last year)

if you wanna watch LHJMQ games, let me know, Ill give you the link, although you dont get replays and its only a single camera, I enjoy it. its totally free, you dont need to sign up and you get to watch the stars of tommroow.
Yeah for sure, I'd like to have the link! I know a couple of friends with whom I played in the past, or who are in my class that been drafted, (Simon Foley, Julien Cayer, Seb. Huberdeau, Jordan Fischer, David Meilleur, a lot more) but none of them have yet proved something in the league

Old
03-11-2008, 05:40 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Yeah for sure, I'd like to have the link! I know a couple of friends with whom I played in the past, or who are in my class that been drafted, (Simon Foley, Julien Cayer, Seb. Huberdeau, Jordan Fischer, David Meilleur, a lot more) but none of them have yet proved something in the league
my friends as well have not done anything big in the league.

my friends in Victoriaville (Steven Cacciotti) has his best year last year when his linemate was Derek Brassard. 2 years ago aswell he did good with Brassard and Latendresse as his linemates. this year he was doing alright but Drummondville really sucks so he couldnt do anything.

Once he got to Victo he was doing well but they fired the coach and the new guy doesnt like him. He doesnt get any ice time.

....Im gonna send you the link in private message

Old
03-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Dripper

vCash: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
I don't remember how they marketed the Rocket but something really got my attention when I went to a Calgary Hitman game.... The amount of families with young kids was astounding. At least 85 % of the crowd. If they want to survive , this would be the way.
Same thing here in Quebec. There are a LOT and I mean a LOT of under 18 attending the games. That's what Roy + Radulov + Memorial Cup brings. The average attendance went from 5500 ppl in 2004 to 11000 now.

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Russeltown

I'll buy a condo in Montreal in about 2 years from now... With Junior Hockey, I might reconsider Verdun as well. There's nothing else to do there...

$15 to $45 is for season tickets. I am pretty sure that walk-in tickets will be something like $16 or $17. If they see they can't fill the arena, they will lower the tickets. Anyway, we'll see...

Last edited by Russeltown: 03-11-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 11:26 AM
znk

I'm quite surprised at the reaction to the jersey in this thread. I honestly believe it's one of the best looking one. I've always been a fan of the college look....but I guess I'm in the minority. And as for the name...I also dont understand those who complain. It's the oldschool name of the team when it was doing good in Montreal a link to the past. Why complain about something that is trying to bring back a bit of tradition?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Monsieur

Montreal people are not hockey fans, they are Canadians fans...

I predict they won't even last 4 years.

Monsieur is offline   Reply With Quote