HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Expansion draft

Old
04-01-2017, 02:42 PM
RainierBeat
Foster the People

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
That is...actually not horrible, as long as RNH can step up I wouldn't be opposed.
RNH is having an off year but he's also playing with regressing team mates and taking the hard matchups. RNH has improved from his Sophomore slump, and had a very strong 2014-2015 where he scored 22 5 on 5 goals (Or ES in total, I'm not 100% sure). He took defensive matchups last season and did well. He was very good and prevented the Flames from getting any good chance this season, otherwise I haven't watched too much. Nurse is another great piece that for the next few years won't be as good as Ekholm, but his ceiling is higher and we are much better at developing D than Edmonton is. This also allows us to protect more players, which is the ultimate win. Ekholm, Aberg, and Kamenev for RNH and Nurse I'm down.

RainierBeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2017, 03:26 PM
Iron Duke

Don't see Oilers going for that. Kamenev probably holds little value for them and they're probably as high on Nurse as they are on Ekholm. Ekholm would have to be protected while Nurse doesn't.

For our side, I still don't get the obsession with RNH. Not an upgrade on Fish and, at their current paces, not much of one even over Jarnkrok. Still living off that #1 pick pedigree I guess.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2017, 03:53 PM
RainierBeat
Foster the People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Don't see Oilers going for that. Kamenev probably holds little value for them and they're probably as high on Nurse as they are on Ekholm. Ekholm would have to be protected while Nurse doesn't.

For our side, I still don't get the obsession with RNH. Not an upgrade on Fish and, at their current paces, not much of one even over Jarnkrok. Still living off that #1 pick pedigree I guess.
Well this is his first off season while being the Oilers shutdown center since his Sophomore year. He's an upgrade on Fisher in my personal opinion and even if he isn't, he's much younger and hasn't hit his prime yet. I think he can be a good player with the right team mates on the Preds. A 45-50 point center that plays very well defensively (Behind just Forsberg and Jarnkrok on our team) is a good enough 2C.

Old
04-01-2017, 07:09 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post

I'm not high on RNH either, but to play devils advocate, Jarnkrok probably won't be here next year. And Fisher will be 37. 2C is a concern.

It's funny, if we do this deal we'd end up with too many centers. Don't do it, and we're likely short.

I ultimately don't see Poile moving our top 4 and just living with the expansion consequences. Hopefully he can work his trade voodoo on McPhee again.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2017, 07:23 PM
INDhockeyfan

Oilers need a RHD so they'd want Ellis not Ekholm. I don't see them trading Nurse either. Oilers have 3 D to protect already so why trade away an exempt player for Ekholm. I don't see many trades happening until after the expansion draft and teams know what player they lost and need to replace.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2017, 03:41 AM
RainierBeat
Foster the People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I'm not high on RNH either, but to play devils advocate, Jarnkrok probably won't be here next year. And Fisher will be 37. 2C is a concern.

It's funny, if we do this deal we'd end up with too many centers. Don't do it, and we're likely short.

I ultimately don't see Poile moving our top 4 and just living with the expansion consequences. Hopefully he can work his trade voodoo on McPhee again.
If we do this deal before expansion, Jarnkrok will almost guaranteed to stick here as we can protect him and Wilson as well. Still RNH has proven a lot more than Jarnkrok even with his disappointment pro-career so far, and I have no doubt he'll bounce back under the right circumstances.

Old
04-04-2017, 06:15 AM
McCombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
Oilers need a RHD so they'd want Ellis not Ekholm. I don't see them trading Nurse either. Oilers have 3 D to protect already so why trade away an exempt player for Ekholm. I don't see many trades happening until after the expansion draft and teams know what player they lost and need to replace.
There were very well thought out proposal on trade rumours/free agent talk forum.

Ellis for RNH + Benning as a base. Add small pieces if needed. Benning has played really good rookie season. Already a good 3rd pairing guy who has a lot more potential and he is exempt from ED.

Nashville would lose a bit value in this trade but they gain value by able to protect valuable forwards. Edmonton would be vice versa. Gain value in trade but would be forced to protect 8+1 (Draisaitl, Eberle, Lucic, Maroon, Larsson, Klefbom, Sekera, Ellis +Talbot) and would lose forward they would like to keep. But gettting Ellis is more important.

McCombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2017, 06:39 AM
Armourboy

After this season I don't see any way in hell Poile would let Ellis go anywhere. Anyone wanting him is going to need to give up a premium because we have absolutely zero reason to want to trade him.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2017, 07:38 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Trading Ellis right now is crazy talk unless the return is major. Absolutely no reason to entertain that idea.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2017, 08:17 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Ellis is the next captain of this team.

token grinder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2017, 09:33 AM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCombo View Post
There were very well thought out proposal on trade rumours/free agent talk forum.

Ellis for RNH + Benning as a base. Add small pieces if needed. Benning has played really good rookie season. Already a good 3rd pairing guy who has a lot more potential and he is exempt from ED.

Nashville would lose a bit value in this trade but they gain value by able to protect valuable forwards. Edmonton would be vice versa. Gain value in trade but would be forced to protect 8+1 (Draisaitl, Eberle, Lucic, Maroon, Larsson, Klefbom, Sekera, Ellis +Talbot) and would lose forward they would like to keep. But gettting Ellis is more important.
It isn't well thought out for Nashville. They add 3.5 million in cap hit to downgrade from Ellis to RNH. I'd much rather keep Ellis and just lose one of Jarnkrok or Wilson and worry about replacing them in the offseason, or even better, pay Vegas not to take them if possible. I'm not a big RNH fan anyway, his defensive ability is greatly overstated by EDM fans, he's also physically weak and terrible at faceoffs. I'd want a better C if we're breaking up the top 4, even if it means adding to one of our D-men to get him.

Last edited by Mortiest Morty: 04-04-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Mortiest Morty is online now   Reply With Quote