HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Expansion draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2017, 02:42 PM
  #201
RainierBeat
Foster the People
 
RainierBeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Pingtung City
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 2,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
That is...actually not horrible, as long as RNH can step up I wouldn't be opposed.
RNH is having an off year but he's also playing with regressing team mates and taking the hard matchups. RNH has improved from his Sophomore slump, and had a very strong 2014-2015 where he scored 22 5 on 5 goals (Or ES in total, I'm not 100% sure). He took defensive matchups last season and did well. He was very good and prevented the Flames from getting any good chance this season, otherwise I haven't watched too much. Nurse is another great piece that for the next few years won't be as good as Ekholm, but his ceiling is higher and we are much better at developing D than Edmonton is. This also allows us to protect more players, which is the ultimate win. Ekholm, Aberg, and Kamenev for RNH and Nurse I'm down.

RainierBeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2017, 03:26 PM
  #202
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fontana, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,342
vCash: 500
Don't see Oilers going for that. Kamenev probably holds little value for them and they're probably as high on Nurse as they are on Ekholm. Ekholm would have to be protected while Nurse doesn't.

For our side, I still don't get the obsession with RNH. Not an upgrade on Fish and, at their current paces, not much of one even over Jarnkrok. Still living off that #1 pick pedigree I guess.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2017, 03:53 PM
  #203
RainierBeat
Foster the People
 
RainierBeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Pingtung City
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 2,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Don't see Oilers going for that. Kamenev probably holds little value for them and they're probably as high on Nurse as they are on Ekholm. Ekholm would have to be protected while Nurse doesn't.

For our side, I still don't get the obsession with RNH. Not an upgrade on Fish and, at their current paces, not much of one even over Jarnkrok. Still living off that #1 pick pedigree I guess.
Well this is his first off season while being the Oilers shutdown center since his Sophomore year. He's an upgrade on Fisher in my personal opinion and even if he isn't, he's much younger and hasn't hit his prime yet. I think he can be a good player with the right team mates on the Preds. A 45-50 point center that plays very well defensively (Behind just Forsberg and Jarnkrok on our team) is a good enough 2C.

RainierBeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2017, 07:09 PM
  #204
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 12,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Don't see Oilers going for that. Kamenev probably holds little value for them and they're probably as high on Nurse as they are on Ekholm. Ekholm would have to be protected while Nurse doesn't.

For our side, I still don't get the obsession with RNH. Not an upgrade on Fish and, at their current paces, not much of one even over Jarnkrok. Still living off that #1 pick pedigree I guess.
I'm not high on RNH either, but to play devils advocate, Jarnkrok probably won't be here next year. And Fisher will be 37. 2C is a concern.

It's funny, if we do this deal we'd end up with too many centers. Don't do it, and we're likely short.

I ultimately don't see Poile moving our top 4 and just living with the expansion consequences. Hopefully he can work his trade voodoo on McPhee again.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2017, 07:23 PM
  #205
INDhockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,798
vCash: 500
Oilers need a RHD so they'd want Ellis not Ekholm. I don't see them trading Nurse either. Oilers have 3 D to protect already so why trade away an exempt player for Ekholm. I don't see many trades happening until after the expansion draft and teams know what player they lost and need to replace.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2017, 03:41 AM
  #206
RainierBeat
Foster the People
 
RainierBeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Pingtung City
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 2,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I'm not high on RNH either, but to play devils advocate, Jarnkrok probably won't be here next year. And Fisher will be 37. 2C is a concern.

It's funny, if we do this deal we'd end up with too many centers. Don't do it, and we're likely short.

I ultimately don't see Poile moving our top 4 and just living with the expansion consequences. Hopefully he can work his trade voodoo on McPhee again.
If we do this deal before expansion, Jarnkrok will almost guaranteed to stick here as we can protect him and Wilson as well. Still RNH has proven a lot more than Jarnkrok even with his disappointment pro-career so far, and I have no doubt he'll bounce back under the right circumstances.

RainierBeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2017, 06:15 AM
  #207
McCombo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Country: Finland
Posts: 288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
Oilers need a RHD so they'd want Ellis not Ekholm. I don't see them trading Nurse either. Oilers have 3 D to protect already so why trade away an exempt player for Ekholm. I don't see many trades happening until after the expansion draft and teams know what player they lost and need to replace.
There were very well thought out proposal on trade rumours/free agent talk forum.

Ellis for RNH + Benning as a base. Add small pieces if needed. Benning has played really good rookie season. Already a good 3rd pairing guy who has a lot more potential and he is exempt from ED.

Nashville would lose a bit value in this trade but they gain value by able to protect valuable forwards. Edmonton would be vice versa. Gain value in trade but would be forced to protect 8+1 (Draisaitl, Eberle, Lucic, Maroon, Larsson, Klefbom, Sekera, Ellis +Talbot) and would lose forward they would like to keep. But gettting Ellis is more important.

McCombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2017, 06:39 AM
  #208
Armourboy
Registered User
 
Armourboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Shelbyville, TN
Posts: 3,711
vCash: 500
After this season I don't see any way in hell Poile would let Ellis go anywhere. Anyone wanting him is going to need to give up a premium because we have absolutely zero reason to want to trade him.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2017, 07:38 AM
  #209
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 8,652
vCash: 344
Trading Ellis right now is crazy talk unless the return is major. Absolutely no reason to entertain that idea.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2017, 08:17 AM
  #210
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,907
vCash: 500
Ellis is the next captain of this team.

token grinder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2017, 09:33 AM
  #211
Mortiest Morty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCombo View Post
There were very well thought out proposal on trade rumours/free agent talk forum.

Ellis for RNH + Benning as a base. Add small pieces if needed. Benning has played really good rookie season. Already a good 3rd pairing guy who has a lot more potential and he is exempt from ED.

Nashville would lose a bit value in this trade but they gain value by able to protect valuable forwards. Edmonton would be vice versa. Gain value in trade but would be forced to protect 8+1 (Draisaitl, Eberle, Lucic, Maroon, Larsson, Klefbom, Sekera, Ellis +Talbot) and would lose forward they would like to keep. But gettting Ellis is more important.
It isn't well thought out for Nashville. They add 3.5 million in cap hit to downgrade from Ellis to RNH. I'd much rather keep Ellis and just lose one of Jarnkrok or Wilson and worry about replacing them in the offseason, or even better, pay Vegas not to take them if possible. I'm not a big RNH fan anyway, his defensive ability is greatly overstated by EDM fans, he's also physically weak and terrible at faceoffs. I'd want a better C if we're breaking up the top 4, even if it means adding to one of our D-men to get him.


Last edited by Mortiest Morty: 04-04-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Mortiest Morty is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.