HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Montreal Media has an agenda against Julien...

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2004, 08:29 AM
Gros Bill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee

The original question as to why Julien is over scrutinized, I think that the format of 'shock jock' journalism is getting ratings right now, so they continue doing it. Julien is just the guy who happens to be there. If Bowman or Toe Blake happened to be behind the bench and we were down 3-0, and we well could be, the same thing would probably go on.
Thou shalt not speak The Toe's name in vain, mainly in the plain.

Old
04-29-2004, 08:30 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
First off,Bruins Girl, despite Carl Spackler's opinion, I look forward to your posts whether I agree with them or not.

Re-Hab, I can't agree with you completely on the perceived linguistic division in the media. The Mtl. anglo media can be as critical, but don't have forums like110%. There have been cheapshots on both sides, but you see them more from the side with the more competitive situation.

Stefan, who made fun of Therrien's accent ? Todd is known to take personal shots at whoever he doesn't like that week, but I don't remember Therrien being singled out by one side more than the other.

The original question as to why Julien is over scrutinized, I think that the format of 'shock jock' journalism is getting ratings right now, so they continue doing it. Julien is just the guy who happens to be there. If Bowman or Toe Blake happened to be behind the bench and we were down 3-0, and we well could be, the same thing would probably go on.
It was around the time of the "rat" incident. And Todd took shot at him.

Old
04-29-2004, 08:39 AM
mcphee

Sorry Bill, no excuse for blasphemy. Stefan, Todd isn't The English Media though. The fact that he tries to be more provocative doesn't give him more credibility than anyone else on his paper, or any of the radio or TV guys working on the anglo side.He's just one guy.

Old
04-29-2004, 09:01 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Sorry Bill, no excuse for blasphemy. Stefan, Todd isn't The English Media though. The fact that he tries to be more provocative doesn't give him more credibility than anyone else on his paper, or any of the radio or TV guys working on the anglo side.He's just one guy.
Just like Bergeron is one guy. He is not the french media.

I don't recall Dany Dubé, Pierre Ladouceur, Ronald King, Yvon Pedenault etc.... blasting the Habs coach.

My point is, IF one guy, Bergeron, IS the french-media, THEN, ONE guy, Jack Todd IS the english-media. You can't have it both ways.

Old
04-29-2004, 09:11 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe

I don't recall Dany Dubé, Pierre Ladouceur, Ronald King, Yvon Pedenault etc.... blasting the Habs coach.

My point is, IF one guy, Bergeron, IS the french-media, THEN, ONE guy, Jack Todd IS the english-media. You can't have it both ways.
Fair. As I told Re-Hab, sometimes the french media gets singled out separately because there are more of them. Mtl. doesn't have the anglo market for CFCF or Global to do a 110% style show. Thankfully imo.

Old
04-29-2004, 09:12 AM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Spackler
Yes, especially in comparison to the upbeat positive attitude shown on the Bruin's board after we bounced you guys. Judging by the reaction there, the only players that should return for next year are Raycroft and Bergeron.

Run along back to your board to join in the public flogging of Thornton, Murray, Rolston, Gill, McGillis, O'Donnell, etc.....
Your post is especially nice after you posted on our board.

As far as I am concerned this is public board and not Habs fans private club. As long as posters aren't trolling they can post where ever they choose to.

Old
04-29-2004, 10:38 AM
mcphee

Hit 'im again Bruis Girl,I'm on your side.

Old
04-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Carbo N8

[
The reason Bergeron and others are "attacking" Julien is just to be fair.

I find that a strange use of the word fair. Attacking a coach verbally because it was done to another coach by a different member of the media seems pretty juvenile to me, but, certainly not too low for M. Bergeron.

Old
04-29-2004, 08:07 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe

Dany Dubé did, but not at the same level of hatred. Fournier, Mailhot, Tremblay, Raymond...A pretty good spectrum of the Montreal Media. Not just Bergeron.

The only one who defended Julien was Ladouceur, IMHO, the only writer that really knows the X's and the O's in the Montreal Media these days. He even defended the play of Bulis on the 1st line. Him and Julien are almost always on the same page. Says a lot about who knows its hockey.

Face it, some media cronies are out to get him. Bergeron even said that Gainey would probably "give another chance" to Julien next season, because of the play of the team. Give another chance? Are you kidding me? I'd sign him for 3 years at least. This guy's going to grow with the younger players. They adore him.

Closed Thread