HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pleks still sick?

Old
03-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Isn't someone who wears turtlenecks supposed to be totally immune against any kinda flu????

I mean, my mom always told me that as long as I kept warm... whatever...

Last edited by Ozymandias: 03-11-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 02:22 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

I, for one, appreciate Higgins' candid comments. It's nice to get an actual feel for what's going on in the locker room instead of getting the usual ******** rhetoric and cliche responses.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 02:26 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Like another poster said, maybe Kovalev, an actual veteran, should make those comments as he's actually respected and is playing very well. Higgins doesn't do anything, he should be stripped of his "A". I seem to recall Grabovsky could actually get a point against the Ducks. Where was our Assistant Captain? Where has he been all year? 40-40 my ass. Keep your mouth shut and worry about your own play instead of speaking for the team over somehting irrelevant right now.
I love how people equate a leadership role with on-ice performance. They're obviously related, but there is a reason that some guys get the A or C, and some guys don't. There are more kinds of leadership than leading by example. It's remarkable that a team with Yashin as its captain didn't go on to a dynasty of Cup wins. But but but.. he produced on the ice! He's OBVIOUSLY a leader!

Not to mention, some guys are more capable dealing with the media, some guys don't want the distraction on gameday.

It's such a bunch of ******** that people believe Higgins doesn't score 80 points and thus he sucks and can't lead.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 02:30 PM
STAALing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post
Obyrne In
Breezy Out
Every time I hope it was his last game

STAALing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 02:33 PM
HotPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Like another poster said, maybe Kovalev, an actual veteran, should make those comments as he's actually respected and is playing very well. Higgins doesn't do anything, he should be stripped of his "A". I seem to recall Grabovsky could actually get a point against the Ducks. Where was our Assistant Captain? Where has he been all year? 40-40 my ass. Keep your mouth shut and worry about your own play instead of speaking for the team over somehting irrelevant right now.
Yeah he doesn't do anything...

As for against the ducks, our A was KILLING PENALTIES THE ENTIRE GAME, because players decided they could take liberties.

God, he was asked for his opinion on the matter and he was RIGHT, and he was far from being condescending. It's not something "irrelevant" either. This little skid probably cost Grabovski his job for the Habs.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Avim86

le_sean gtfo please if your going to bash a guy like Higgins... He is a monster , and is playing a nice role on his team , by your logic any rookie who get's 1 point should bump off an excellent top 6 forward with good vision and a nice defensive aspect , defense wins championship (see anaheim) or goaltending (see tampa , carolina ..not saying they don't have potent offenses but seriously look at tampa without khabibulin , or carolina without ward standing on his head). Am I saying higgins is having a great season to his full potential? No I am not but what I am saying is higgins has demonstrated that he is a key element to this team and a future leader. His linemates have been awful this year (compared to last year) , I'd take a 50 point scorer (with +3 differential) over any whining , plane missing rookie.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
I love how people equate a leadership role with on-ice performance. They're obviously related, but there is a reason that some guys get the A or C, and some guys don't. There are more kinds of leadership than leading by example. It's remarkable that a team with Yashin as its captain didn't go on to a dynasty of Cup wins. But but but.. he produced on the ice! He's OBVIOUSLY a leader!

Not to mention, some guys are more capable dealing with the media, some guys don't want the distraction on gameday.

It's such a bunch of ******** that people believe Higgins doesn't score 80 points and thus he sucks and can't lead.
I like you!

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 04:43 PM
StlRams514

Send a message via MSN to StlRams514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I like you!
I like sex!
It's nice