HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) III

Old
04-02-2017, 01:20 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoresberg View Post
Man is Ekholm the worst player ever to clear the puck. Subban is not good at it, either. And don't get me started on the goal he scored last night but when you look at the big picture they are horrible at clearing the puck which leads to dangerous scoring chances. I mean ice the puck for all I care just get it out of there!!!!

Ekholm is also bad at the laying on the ice preventing the east-west pass. I really prefer Josi-Ellis pair there at the end.

Also, why are we so freaking passive in 6 on 5 ???? It's like we turtle up and wait for them to score. But when we have 6 guys on ice the opponent comes at us with full force and is aggresive as any. I hate our play there.

We gotta fix the special teams before the playoffs start. With the talent we have we simply can't have that kind of PP. Come on!!

But more concerned I am about the PK. We are so freaking passive it's driving me nuts. If our PK doesn't work come playoff time it's adios in the 1st round. We just turtle up and stop moving and let the other guys try scoring. Being over-aggresive is a whole another story but at least give the other guys some heat some resistance!!

Man, it felt good to write it all out.. pheww

You realize we won 3-0 yesterday right?

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2017, 03:50 PM
Scoresberg
No more Willy :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
You realize we won 3-0 yesterday right?
Yes but I don't make my evalutions from one game. Everything I said in that post still stands.

Scoresberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2017, 08:03 PM
Mortiest Morty

The Preds are probably going to end up playing the Blackhawks in the 1st round. I'm definitely feeling some negativity from that development.

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2017, 10:52 AM
jumb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
The Preds are probably going to end up playing the Blackhawks in the 1st round. I'm definitely feeling some negativity from that development.

yep, looking like another 1st round exit

jumb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2017, 04:53 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 50
I fully believe we have a winnable 3 games and if we do, we will finish as WC 1 playing ANA. CLG at ANA with ANA playing for home ice, they win at LA, then finish at SJ which could also be about home ice for SJ. Not loving the idea of those late games and the travel, but that is a very beatable Pacific group

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Smashville Stroke

I'm leaning more towards a 1st round date with the Oilers. Not just because of our recent success, but they are probably the least physical of the teams we could play (along with Chicago), plus they are in Mountain time I believe.

Smashville Stroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2017, 07:46 AM
jumb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville Stroke View Post
I'm leaning more towards a 1st round date with the Oilers. Not just because of our recent success, but they are probably the least physical of the teams we could play (along with Chicago), plus they are in Mountain time I believe.

this is the negativity thread

jumb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2017, 08:19 AM
KurtAngle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
I am negative on the team in the playoffs this year.

But, if they could beat Chicago in the first round, what a game changer that could be that might propel them to new heights.

KurtAngle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2017, 09:31 AM
Smashville Stroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumb0 View Post
this is the negativity thread
Thanks. Edmonton is the best option, I feel. Too many questions/issues against the central teams. All I was trying to say. I'll make sure to be more negative, though.

We will lose every game from here on out. We would be lucky to beat the Ads. The sky is falling.

Smashville Stroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2017, 11:54 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 50
Nice job, coaches. I get the "knock the rust off" idea with Hunt and Salo, but you had to know that ANA was gonna' take CLG, and #1WC was our for the taking, let alone still a shot (as improbable as it appears) at 3rd. But you choose to coast on fan appreciation night?????

As for most of the skaters not named Subban or Wilson, what were you doing last night from about 7-9:35? Cause I sure didn't see any of you on the freaking ice at the bridge. Content that you got into the playoffs with a HORRIBLE road trip cause the Kings are even worse?

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote