HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New York Islanders at Nashville Predators - 4/4/17 - "The Home Closer"

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2017, 06:43 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
It might be best that we play Chicago anyways cause you know Anaheim will be out for blood and is going to want to seek revenge against us for kicking them out of the playoffs last year. Plus they like to goon things up. At least we know w/ Chicago if they beat us it will be from just out scoring us w/ their skill set and not so much from roughing us up and if we have a chance to get pass Chicago at least we probably won't be too banged up in the second round .
Whatever their playing styles are, the fact is we haven't been able to beat Chicago in the playoffs whereas Anaheim hasn't been able to beat us.

Old
04-05-2017, 07:43 AM
drwpreds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Whatever their playing styles are, the fact is we haven't been able to beat Chicago in the playoffs whereas Anaheim hasn't been able to beat us.
That is true, but in a year in which they won the Cup, we played them an almost even series two years ago. Lost two multiple OT games- I don't think many realize how close we were to winning that series. You could almost argue that we played just as well in that series as we did last year against Anaheim. I know all that matters is wins or losses, but we played very well in that series.

Old
04-05-2017, 07:48 AM
Roman Yoshi
Joey: A New Hope

I'll take Anaheim 100% of the time over Chicago. It's not even close.

Last night's debacle was infinitely infuriating. There is no reason this team shouldn't have locked up the 3rd place finish ahead of St. L. This game, the Toronto game and the Calgary game from earlier this year are going to be the difference between playing Anaheim/Minnesota or being stuck with Chicago.

Old
04-05-2017, 07:59 AM
TheGoldenJet

Neutral fan here. Looks like a huge opportunity opened up for the Preds. Anaheim locked down the division but lost their #1 Dman for the first round last night. They were an easier opponent to begin with than Chicago, but now it's not even comparable. Seems to me like the Preds can position themselves extremely well by simply winning the WC1 slot (currently tied w Calgary), moving to the Pacific bracket, and taking out the weakened Ducks. Good luck in the next 2 games guys.

Old
04-05-2017, 09:43 AM
KurtAngle

Ya never know in the playoffs, but I have no confidence in this team in the playoffs.

I thought Brad Hunt's presence would have put this team over the top.

BTW, anyone ever find out why Cracker Barrel fired Brad's wife?

Old
04-05-2017, 10:18 AM
BonMorrison
Your resident SJW

Well I mean, maybe this is the year we slay the Chicago demon like we slayed the Detroit demon in 2012?

... Or maybe it'll just be the same ol' Game 6 loss that we've grown accustomed to.

Old
04-05-2017, 10:42 AM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAngle View Post
Ya never know in the playoffs, but I have no confidence in this team in the playoffs.

I thought Brad Hunt's presence would have put this team over the top.

BTW, anyone ever find out why Cracker Barrel fired Brad's wife?
Meh, I have no issue with getting all our players into the lineup at least once before the regular season is over. You never know what injuries may strike and you want your depth somewhat fresh.

Old
04-05-2017, 12:02 PM
JamestheSame

I'm glad salomaki is back.

Old
04-06-2017, 12:19 AM
sparkle twin
Goals? Nah, I pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
That is true, but in a year in which they won the Cup, we played them an almost even series two years ago. Lost two multiple OT games- I don't think many realize how close we were to winning that series. You could almost argue that we played just as well in that series as we did last year against Anaheim. I know all that matters is wins or losses, but we played very well in that series.
I think we all know just how close that series was. Even in games we lost, we had leads in the game. Sometimes 3 goal leads. I really felt Chicago was beatable by us that year, we were their hardest test, yet for some reason we we just couldn't get over that hurdle.

I just don't feel like we are capable of beating them this year.

Old
04-06-2017, 07:41 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
I think we all know just how close that series was. Even in games we lost, we had leads in the game. Sometimes 3 goal leads. I really felt Chicago was beatable by us that year, we were their hardest test, yet for some reason we we just couldn't get over that hurdle.

I just don't feel like we are capable of beating them this year.
And we did it without Weber for most of that series....

Closed Thread