HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Sharks @ Preds - 3.11.08(stoner edition)

Old
03-11-2008, 08:53 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
If I was Tootoo I'd run Nabokov.
THAT, I am certain, would be called as a penalty

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Could there be a more full of crap person in hockey than JR??? Nabakov gave Tootoo a little love tap and Hamhuis was a gut-less coward trying to end a career

I hope he did get hurt DIVING like that

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:10 PM
krudmonk

There's a spear from your team. Now it's even.

krudmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

that should be a major High Sticking penalty ... CARELESS USE OF THE STICK

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

God, I love playing the Sharks. Quick whistles, non-whistles, dirty plays...you name it, it happens.

03-11-2008, 09:44 PM
oz615

And the alliance for the destruction of hockey in Nashville reign supreme again

oz615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:44 PM
likewall32
**putt meem hear**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
God, I love playing the Sharks. Quick whistles, non-whistles, dirty plays...you name it, it happens.
Spearing in the balls?

Neither team acted like princesses tonight, but look at the game through both eyes please.

likewall32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by likewall32 View Post
Spearing in the balls?

Neither team acted like princesses tonight, but look at the game through both eyes please.
Missed that one....must have been pointed out on the other broadcast, and before you come in here acting all high and mighty, notice my post fingered neither team. There was no sarcasm....just the honest truth.

Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:50 PM
likewall32
**putt meem hear**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Missed that one....must have been pointed out on the other broadcast, and before you come in here acting all high and mighty, notice my post fingered neither team. There was no sarcasm....just the honest truth.
On the play Kyle McLaren was called for roughing on, the thing that set him off was an ill-placed stick by JP Dumont into the "midsection" of Marc-Edouard Vlasic after the whistle blew.

As for your comment, if there was no sarcasm implied, I apologize. I read it and immediately read it as rife with sarcastic tint.

I do agree with your comment though, these games are thoroughly entertaining, these are two teams, both fans and players, that just plain don't like each other, and that makes for entertaining hockey.

Old
03-11-2008, 09:55 PM
68 Z-28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Could there be a more full of crap person in hockey than JR??? Nabakov gave Tootoo a little love tap and Hamhuis was a gut-less coward trying to end a career

I hope he did get hurt DIVING like that
Take a cross check to the inside knee while turning and stay up.

I'm not saying he tried to hurt pavelski but Pavs didn't dive.

68 Z-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 10:01 PM
nsn*

Tootoo = "Dumb-Dumb"

-JR has spoken

nsn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

*backs away from the edge*

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 10:03 PM
likewall32
**putt meem hear**

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsn View Post
Tootoo = "Dumb-Dumb"

-JR has spoken
Is this post really necessary? There's no need to troll these guys, leave them be.

Old
03-11-2008, 10:07 PM
ChicoStateShark

Good litlle rivalry between these teams. I love that clip of Clowe just beating the pisss out of Tootoo. Tootoo gives him the biggest cheapshot right to the side of the face and then Clowe just go's off on him. Drops Tootoo twicewith uppercuts, each time picking him back up for some more. Great atmosphere in the building tonight. Another first round series would be nice between our boys! Good luck the rest of the way!

ChicoStateShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Unlike the past two years where I felt that we had the talent to matchup with the Sharks (2006) or were better than the Sharks (2007), we are completely outclassed this year. We lost too many talented players, replaced them with far inferior players, and our second line is completely lost without Legwand (Peverly and Hlavac with Erat?????!!!?!). Given an intact second line, I think the trade of Bernier for Campbell would actually help the Predators matchup with the Sharks, as we never did exploit the young/inexperienced defense of the Sharks.

- Let me say that I completely recognize that the Sharks have dominated us in both playoff series, but from this fan's perspective, it is due to the ineptness of Trotzian playoff hockey....not so much the team (heck, we were third in the league last season in overall points....)

Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 11:17 PM
vipera1960

Bummer. Well, at least we can look at the positive side. Six of our last seven games are against STL, CHI, and CBJ, while all the teams in the Northwest have a bunch of games against each other. We're not out of it yet, but we need to get some wins quickly.

At least I did manage to win the consolation prize though: I got Joe Nieuwendyk's autograph after the game.

vipera1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Hopper15

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
If I was Tootoo I'd run Nabokov.
Yeah Yapping at the opponent's goalie instead of getting back on defense sends a great message.

Hopper15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 12:44 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper15 View Post
Yeah Yapping at the opponent's goalie instead of getting back on defense sends a great message.
That whole play left a very bad taste in my mouth...first of all, what Nabakov did was deliberate (not saying he meant to clip Tootoo with his stick, but he deliberately put the stick in Tootoo's path to interfere with his forecheck and he hit him in the face with it...you are ultimately responsible for your stick!) and an incredibly dirty play that I absolutely abhor at all levels of hockey. To see it done at the NHL level sickens me as it only encourages the behavior at amateur levels and it is simply unnecessary and blatantly unsafe. I have instructed my players very vocally on more than one occasion behind the bench to use their stick on the goalie if the goalie decides to do something as blatant as that. It is simply wrong on every level!

Second, Hopper is right...Tootoo getting up and chirping at Nabakov as the play heads the other way is unacceptable and selfish. You could tell by Jerred Smithson's reaction during the post-game show when asked about the play that he too did not appreciate Tootoo stopping to chirp at Nabakov while the Sharks got two good scoring chances down at the other end. If Jordin is going to do something there, then he needs to do it all the way...he cannot stand there instead of getting either to the bench or getting back to the other end. All that being said, I cannot imagine how insanely livid Tootoo was (or ANY OTHER PLAYER would be) after that play. Jordin obviously had a very good head of steam heading in on the forecheck and being hit like that could have very well knocked him off balance enough to end his career and cause him great long-term personal injury (talking about problems walking post career or worse) had he hit the boards in an out of control fashion. At worst, Tootoo honestly could have lost his balance and gone head first into the boards and broken his neck. Any way you cut this, whatever side you are on, regardless of any existing opinion about Tootoo, what Nabakov did was insanely maddening and totally an uncalled for, dirty play.

The only positive thing out of this entire play is that Jordin did not do anything there that warranted any penalty. Personally, I'm amazed at the self-restraint shown and have to praise Tootoo for only hurting his team for the next 7-10 seconds...rather than ending his season with actions that would have lead to a long-term suspension.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 12:56 AM
SJPuckPlayer

Why does Arnott hate the Sharks so much? 48 points in 47 games.

SJPuckPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 07:54 AM
RollingPredFan

You Sharks fans better leave... this post will get ugly as I am bitter lol

I HATE THE SHARKS.

I hate that the Sharks owns us.

I also hate they had a friggin Shark in between periods on a PREDATOR broadcast tells us how Shelly's elbow to Radulovs head was just a little late and that it was just physical play... but Hamhuis' hit was dirty lol

Oh and Nabakov can play as dirty as he wants because it was Tootoo out there...

AND I hate the fact the refs help them every time to own us lol

They ALWAYS get the calls and bounces. That first goal never should have happened, Nichol was clearly interfered with and everyone knows it. That should have stopped the play and gave us a 4 on 4. On top of that they spend 10 MINUTES reviewing it. WHY?!?! To get their stories straight?!?! Why did we get no 'intent to whistle' call there lol... and you barely touch any Shark they fall like a ton of bricks and of course, get an immediate call.

Our well we played our guts out and have nothing to show for it. Ellis was great, Devries, meh oh well hes been beaten like that alot.

Just gotta hope we can get on a roll and the northwest beats each other up, we are running out of time though.

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Jarnberg

Outworked, outclassed. We got beat to too many pucks. We struggled to keep the puck in the offensive zone and didn't mount alot of pressure on the Sharks' goal. When we did get chances, we shot the puck right into Nabokov's chest as he stood in the middle of the goal.

We struggled to get the puck out of our zone and further struggled on keeping possession through the neutral zone. Our team couldn't pass and couldn't hold the few passes which made it onto our sticks.

You gotta love seeing Radulov out there with Nichol and Fiddler. Yes yes, he hasn't been scoring lately, but banishing him to playing with those two isn't likely to help him find his scoring touch.

And someone please tell me why Smithson is even on our roster; he's a complete waste of space.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 08:06 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPredFan View Post
That first goal never should have happened, Nichol was clearly interfered with and everyone knows it. That should have stopped the play and gave us a 4 on 4.
I think Nichol embellished that one, he didn't look like he got touched too much and he tried to sell it.

Old
03-12-2008, 08:07 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
i'm told that this game is expected to sell out, if it's not already
Whoever told you this was wrong obviously, we were no where close.

Old
03-12-2008, 08:23 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Whoever told you this was wrong obviously, we were no where close.
yeah, it came out to just under 15K. Usually this guy is pretty accurate, I was surprised at the empty seats when I got there. The other strange thing is that the lower bowl was fuller than the upper.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
The other strange thing is that the lower bowl was fuller than the upper.
Yeah that was odd, I noticed that too.

Was this game part of the ice pack packages?