HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Forward line discussion

Old
04-08-2017, 09:55 AM
Pred303

vCash: 50
I don't mind if McLeod dresses (honestly don't see where some of the McLeod hate comes from, he's been decent for us). the "problem" with our 4th line has tended to be center related far more than forward related honestly. for half the year Sessions was weak there, and the last half fiddler has been bad. McLeod, is more than just a fighter to me, he hits hard and often, causes chaos in the net front, and is just a physical presence out there. yes he's slow, but given decent center play on the 4th line he hasn't been a liability on ice. he's not as good a forechecker as salomaki or Watson, but he tends to cause more chaos.

these guys are gonna get like 6-8 minutes per game at most come playoff time, so this isn't an overly critical discussion point, but I can live with any two of salomaki/Watson/McLeod as long as it's not all three with Watson pushing fiala out of the lineup (which would be criminal and stupid).... and as long as it's sessions centering two of them and not fiddler (which you just know it will be unfortunately)...

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 12:50 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Yeah I don't understand where the hate for McLeod is coming from. I really don't.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 01:02 PM
King Weber

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
After the way they played when Fisher was out, I don't know why you break up Wilson - Sissons - Smith. Fisher can go stabilize the 4th line plus get PK/PP minutes.
Agree. Put Fish in the 4th with Salomaki and Watson and let Sissons do his thing with Wilson and Smitty on the 3rd as long as it works. Dress McLeod if it looks like we're getting gooned up

Also like the 2nd line of Fiala-Hook-Neal cause they all play really well together.

King Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2017, 02:50 PM
MrJoshua

vCash: 500
I don't hate McLeod. If you're playing a big team like Anaheim, keep him in the lineup. If not, put in Salomaki for his speed. They're fourth liners. I don't think which of them are in the lineup should make or break the team, especially with the limited minutes they'll hopefully be seeing in the playoffs.

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote