HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

TB/MTL : A picture resume

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2004, 10:21 AM
BigM1ke

vCash: 500
TB/MTL : A picture resume

(took from another thread on HF)

Old
04-30-2004, 10:28 AM

That's so stupid!

And all the Theo bashers are stupid as well, my friend who's a Sens fan said it best...Habs fans are so fickle, in Ottawa we have a goalie who sucks in Lalime and would give up pretty anything to get a guy like Theodore and Habs fans want to trade a Vezina, Hart trophy winner and a guy who brought the team to the second round of the playoffs vs. the top seeded team, and gave the Habs a chance to win at the very least 1 of the 1st two games, he carried a team that no one expected to make the playoffs to the second round, and habs fans want to trade him...what a shame....I agree

Old
04-30-2004, 11:19 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
That's so stupid!

And all the Theo bashers are stupid as well, my friend who's a Sens fan said it best...Habs fans are so fickle, in Ottawa we have a goalie who sucks in Lalime and would give up pretty anything to get a guy like Theodore and Habs fans want to trade a Vezina, Hart trophy winner and a guy who brought the team to the second round of the playoffs vs. the top seeded team, and gave the Habs a chance to win at the very least 1 of the 1st two games, he carried a team that no one expected to make the playoffs to the second round, and habs fans want to trade him...what a shame....I agree
Memory is short. Remember how awesome he was in game 7? Unbeatable. There was NO WAY the Bruins were going to score in that game and we all knew it.

Anybody who can put up the kind of numbers he did playing in front of a defense that turns it over constantly and in front of average and below-average defensive forwards deserves the Hart again imo.

Old
04-30-2004, 11:33 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke

(took from another thread on HF)
Funny!

Old
04-30-2004, 12:20 PM
HABitude

This is the age of some posters who are responsable of such idiotic threads/posts.

Older posters like Darz, Mcphee, Guy and me will never jump into stupid ideas like this.

I don't want to generalise but some posters have short memory, low hockey history knowlage and give too much attention to unrelated details.

Old
04-30-2004, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
This is the age of some posters who are responsable of such idiotic threads/posts.

Older posters like Darz, Mcphee, Guy and me will never jump into stupid ideas like this.

I don't want to generalise but some posters have short memory, low hockey history knowlage and give too much attention to unrelated details.
I'm only 22yrs old, I don't participate in these stupid ideas, and i'm sure alot of the younger posters here don't either...

Old
04-30-2004, 12:56 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I'm only 22yrs old, I don't participate in these stupid ideas, and i'm sure alot of the younger posters here don't either...
I agree with you. I just point out that young age like between 14 to 22 is sometimes responsable for immature talks, posts, etc. Yes it's possible to have a young person mature and another one old who is immature. If I want to read immature threads from older persons, i'll go to the rds forum.

But a young guy like you never saw Lafleur play nights after nights. You probably saw some old tapes of him from those vcr 70's series, I say it's not the same as seeing Lafleur perform live in regular games and playoffs. I also have enough experience to recognise what makes Theo have bad nights or success. Like when Penney was like god and like crap. Like Roy was like a god or like crap (beleive it or not but he was not always looking good). Experience. Habitude.

Old
04-30-2004, 01:04 PM
BigM1ke

Wow!!

Don't you guys know something called HUMOR??? WTF is wrong with you?? I just wanted to give some people a laugh!! This is not a bashing thread!! Some guys are taking this wayyy too seriously....

I wouldn't have put a little after the pictures If I was mad or wanted to bash him...

Last edited by BigM1ke: 04-30-2004 at 01:09 PM.
Old
04-30-2004, 01:11 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke
Wow!!

Don't you guys know something called HUMOR???
I must know it. I started stupid threads that you might have read if you can read french.

But it was clear that it was joke threads. That was absurd comedy. I like your photo-montage, I also agree that Theo wasn't at his best in this round, like he wasn't that good in the first 4 games against the Bruins. But in no way I would pull the plug with him. He might not be the same level as Brodeur or Roy but I beleive he's still one of the top goalies in the league. He also have one of the most unreliable D's in front of him.

Old
04-30-2004, 01:39 PM
Perfect_Gravity

Quote:
I agree with you. I just point out that young age like between 14 to 22 is sometimes responsable for immature talks, posts, etc. Yes it's possible to have a young person mature and another one old who is immature. If I want to read immature threads from older persons, i'll go to the rds forum.

But a young guy like you never saw Lafleur play nights after nights. You probably saw some old tapes of him from those vcr 70's series, I say it's not the same as seeing Lafleur perform live in regular games and playoffs. I also have enough experience to recognise what makes Theo have bad nights or success. Like when Penney was like god and like crap. Like Roy was like a god or like crap (beleive it or not but he was not always looking good). Experience. Habitude.
I'm only 19 and even though I wasn't around for Lafleur or old guys like that I rember when Roy was around and how there were quite a few times when Roy was really horrible. He bounced back every time, but that was just his style. I really think that goaltending has a lot to do with luck, of course you need a lot of skill. Sometimes even the best golies (Brouder in this playoffs for example) play good but seem like they just cant stop pucks.

Old
04-30-2004, 01:55 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 309
Try this :

http://www.canadiens.com/_static/web.../522/618_1.jpg

Old
04-30-2004, 02:45 PM
Rahan

Quote:
I must know it. I started stupid threads that you might have read if you can read french.

But it was clear that it was joke threads. That was absurd comedy. I like your photo-montage, I also agree that Theo wasn't at his best in this round, like he wasn't that good in the first 4 games against the Bruins. But in no way I would pull the plug with him. He might not be the same level as Brodeur or Roy but I beleive he's still one of the top goalies in the league. He also have one of the most unreliable D's in front of him.
Uh so where's the problem? You like the photo montage, he posted the photo montage.. and still you call it immature and stupid threads. I find it funny, it's nice of him to post it because I had a good laugh. Therefore I consider it a great post. Even after reading his post again, I don't see him telling us to "pull the plug with theodore" or anything, it's just what it is.. a funny joke.

Old
04-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Legolas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
Uh so where's the problem? You like the photo montage, he posted the photo montage.. and still you call it immature and stupid threads. I find it funny, it's nice of him to post it because I had a good laugh. Therefore I consider it a great post. Even after reading his post again, I don't see him telling us to "pull the plug with theodore" or anything, it's just what it is.. a funny joke.
If a Tampa Bay fan posted it, would you still find it funny? So it's okay for Montreal fans to make fun of our own players as long as we put a smiley face next to it? Hey, I don't really care about people making fun of Theo or not, but don't start a thread with pictures that clearly make fun of him and then expect people not to come to his defence...that same picture was used for Trevor Kidd...and Theo ain't no Trevor Kidd that's for sure...

Closed Thread